Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-20, 10:34 AM  
DCW

We meet friends with masks at parks. So far we aren't back in the office.

I miss my relatives but right now safety is job one. Self-care is also about safety too. I am sniffing and tasting stuff just to keep on top of things.

I don't blame you either. Our office is equipped with cleaning supplies when we do return.

Today's self care is journaling food. I have been enjoying crunchy peanut butter way too much!!
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-20, 11:36 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
... SO MAD.
Pat, I have become so frustrated (and mad) at the careless behavior I see everywhere. My opinion of people has dropped to a new low during the pandemic. You were right to be cautious. That is the ultimate in self-care and self-preservation.

No one else is going to look out for you. I know someone who I'm pretty sure had Covid. She quarantined, but never bothered to get tested. How many avoid the test and skew the true numbers?

It reminds me of a quote in (I thinK) Joyce Vedral's Dynamic Tension:

"You were born alone and you will die alone. You'd better learn how to operate alone."

The words seem truer than ever now.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-20, 10:23 PM  
DCW

Today was work breaks to walk. I just need to move about and get some fresh air. The sun pushed out the clouds so it turned into a real nice day.

No park walks this week with my friend. So I am making sure I get out at lunch to walk.
Old 10-16-20, 10:21 PM  
DCW

A real dark gray wet damp day.

When the weather finally broke, I dashed out for a quick walk with a wee bit of sunlight. I need the outdoors more and more as the safety precautions increase. I am going to find some other places to walk.

I wish the time wouldn't change this November. Dark at 5 pm is not appealing to me. I really enjoying walking after work.

Adapt, adjust and overcome!
Old 10-17-20, 10:46 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I found some more free meditations. I really didn't explore the site. Dr. Patricia Rockman has a pleasant voice:

https://www.mindfulnessstudies.com/mbct-meditations/

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 10-17-20, 11:30 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCW View Post
A real dark gray wet damp day.

When the weather finally broke, I dashed out for a quick walk with a wee bit of sunlight. I need the outdoors more and more as the safety precautions increase. I am going to find some other places to walk.

I wish the time wouldn't change this November. Dark at 5 pm is not appealing to me. I really enjoying walking after work.

Adapt, adjust and overcome!
Is it not safe to walk after dark where you live? I'm actually looking forward to the time change this year. True I love longer daylight hours, but when it's still dark at 7 AM and I already suck at mornings, it's just that much harder to get out of bed. But I have always been fine walking after dark every night, so that does make a difference if it's not safe where you are.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-20, 05:15 PM  
DCW

I walk at a parks that close at dusk. So no walking at the parks, local, state or national parks. They all close at dusk. It's been so nice to get to go somewhere different to walk. I will miss closing my computer, jumping in the car, and walking in the parks.

I have sidewalks at home but I've been walking near home for months. It gets boring after 8 months. I typically walk for lunch at home so my evening walks were my happy hour walks.

I will have to go on the weekends, now.
Old 10-20-20, 08:54 PM  
DCW

How are folks doing?

Are you taking a few moments to care for yourself?

Some maybe able to take a few moments or hours. Others might be fighting for a minute to catch their breathe. I encourage everyone to take one minute for yourself even if it's time to drink a glass of water.

Today self care was getting vaccinations I needed. I had put them off for no reason. Today was the day.
Old 10-21-20, 07:45 AM  
Vantreesta

We got probably 3 inches of wet heavy snow yesterday. It came down pretty much the whole time we had daylight. It's unusual to have it stick and accumulate like this for the first snow if the season. Well, I guess it did spit a long time the day before and not stick, but still unusual. The snow is so heavy it weighed down the bushes and my lights are probably almost on the ground now.

I don't know why I can't get myself together to post and stick to my workouts. My new computer did come last week and hubby got it ready for me so maybe that will get me posting more and then I'll need smthg to report! I am doing well with meditation apps and Bible study but am working toward improving the quality of the time spent doing those. Like I want some seated, undistracted meditation time.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-20, 11:40 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

It looks like we might have some cooler weather this week. Yay! But, the air quality from the still smouldering fires is bad. Boo!

Halloween is my favorite holiday, so I always look forward to the. Being so far out in the sticks we never have had trick-or-treaters anyway, so there absence will be nothing new.

We're still watching hiking videos and finding them soothing and inspiring.

POSTURE CHECK!

Tags
coping with adversity, meditation, self-care