Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-11-13, 08:22 AM  
Sophie

I can't speak personally about the TA/inner thigh thing, but I noticed that on the Tonique FB group, many women complained about having done years of TA, were dissatisfied with their inner thighs, and found that Tonique helped them. So take that for what it's worth.

I agree Dreambody would be great. The inner thigh work is very intense. I bet just adding Fusion Mix into your overall schedule would help.
If you're already doing stuff you enjoy and is working for you otherwise, I'd just add in stuff like Dreambody, Ballet Body (that was super effective for me a few years ago) or the new, short Tonique Express downloads (Tonique definitely works!)

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-13, 08:36 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I just did Precision Toning last night, and really enjoy the workout but would not say it has an inner thigh emphasis at all. I third the recommendation for Dream Body - Fusion Mix specifically - it is intense on the inner thighs!! Also kettlebell swings, what can't they do?
Old 10-11-13, 09:28 AM  
edensmom

I looove me some Dream Body. It is FANTASTIC for targetting the inner thighs (as well as all of women's trouble spots imo). To add to thelist, the original Dream Body, Fusion, Fusion Mix, and Bata Barre are all excellent for this.

Also I have started and re-started Meta Hip, making it up to level 6 but never ever saw any improvement in that area and IIRC it isn't really targeted through any specific exercises.

Slim Series worked wonders for my inner thighs. I actually saw definition there (gasp!) I don't think it is any more boring than Meta either!!
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-13, 10:01 AM  
daisyduke

Tracyso- I'm interested in hearing about Travis' practices on his site and Bryan Kest's site. I am midway through UY right now and LOOOOOVE Travis. I haven't joined udaya.com yet because I have all of Travis' videos that are uploaded on there. Does Travis have a lot on Bryan Kest's site? Does Travis continue to upload videos on his site as well? I'm panicking on what I"m going to do after UY!

Thanks!
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-13, 10:15 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf2Gremlins View Post
I've only started doing TA so I'm probably not the best judge... but for me I have to say my (inner) thighs feel slimmer every time I do a TA workout (which is mostly her Precision Toning these days). Maybe it's just wishful thinking.. I don't think so though...

If you want something specific for inner thighs, get Mary Helen Bower's Ballet Beautiful DVDs which contain specific segments for the inner thigh and are an absolute killer!!!
You know, maybe some of TA's stuff besides Meta would work better for the inner thighs. I remember Mat seemed to hit that area better for sure than Meta.
Old 10-11-13, 06:59 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
You know, maybe some of TA's stuff besides Meta would work better for the inner thighs. I remember Mat seemed to hit that area better for sure than Meta.
Oh thanks for letting me know, Cheri! I'll have to dig out the Mat workout again!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-13, 10:17 PM  
mandie123

I did the omni meta a couple of years ago,and I feel it def lacked inner thigh work.For me Kb and barre did much more for that area.
mandie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-13, 08:55 AM  
LeanneM

Another vote for the Dream Body workouts + Tonique or Ballet Beautiful! The first DB set + Tonique BTM in particular really shaped up my inner thighs, and actually gave me a line across them.

When Cathe's Low Impact series came out, I also did her rotation for a month, and had similar excellent inner thigh results. I think it was all the work with the sliding disks in that set that did wonders for my legs.

This reminds me that I need to one of these rotations again!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-13, 10:41 AM  
Tracyso2

Thanks, all!! So not to be a slacker...or, okay, YES, to be a slacker...which of these options is the shortest & easiest? I just can't give up my extended Travises.
Daisyduke: Bryan has 6 Travis practices on his site, and all of them are terrific. Travis has a few on his site as well, but I don't like them quite as well as the Bryan ones (with the exception of the first one; it's great).
Tracyso2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-13, 10:44 AM  
sophiesmom

Tracy's Post Pregnancy 2 has exercises that target the inner thighs. You know, just to put it out there..
sophiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
continuity, dream body, inner thighs, tonique, tracy anderson