Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-09-08, 10:54 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Yup, pretty cheesy...as in "Squeeze those cheeseburgers outta your thighs"

One day when I grow up I may try it with my little 1 lb ankle weights...IF I can!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-08, 10:57 AM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolieikl
I just had to say that I did this yesterday for the first time. I usually do the floorwork from Firm Vol 1 with ankle weights and Cathe's floorwork (with ankle weights). I started BOS will ankle weights...and they quickly came off!

I wasn't expecting any DOMS since most of you guys didn't have any....but this morning I am definitely feeling it! I ordered this because I love floorwork. I didn't really expect to like it as much as I did! I figured it would just go on my shelf, like so many others ...but...happily...I think I will be using this a lot! It is funny, though, seeing all of the 80's styles....and he is definitely kind of "cheesy". But it is fun to go back in time!

Linda
I was wondering how this compared to Cathe's floorwork. I'm curious who the first VFer will be, to be able to do BOS with leg weights. It definitely won't be me.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-08, 12:15 PM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

this thread has gotten so long, but a few of us mentioned earlier using weights. Not as bad as you think, really. I think we all stick to 2 lbs/leg. I do that on all iBallets, etc except for moves that would twist my knee.

Just try it - you'll see it's hard with or without weights. Might as well use 'em if you got 'em.
Sarah-lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-08, 02:11 PM  
spotted zebra

I missed that in earlier posts. That's great, Sarah. I'd like to try at some point, but I know I'm not there yet.
Old 10-10-08, 08:21 AM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

I got mine yesterday. For an old VHS put on DVD, I thought the quality was just fine. I enjoy going right to the floor work chapter (even if they left a little standing work for getting your HR up). I'm happy!

I only thought about removing the weights during a couple of brief segments, but they were so short and I was so lazy I left them on. I think that the weights are not bad, just more of a mindset since the tape by itself is a challenge. Sometimes I wonder if I get a little LESS out of some moves with the weights since you can't lift as high, but that would be difficult to test and again I am lazy.

Anyway, Buns of Steel DVD: two thumbs up!
Sarah-lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-08, 08:30 AM  
Gardengirl

Can't help wondering how Greg feels about making an exercise video in the 80's that made him pretty much a one hit wonder . . . only to have the thing reemerge 20 years later and be popular again. Bet he never would have guessed!
Old 10-10-08, 10:02 AM  
spotted zebra

Doesn't he have his own hip hop fitness studio. Or used to. Maybe he retired early after BOS. Aside from the income from this bestselling video, he must have been paid a small fortune for the "Buns of Steel" trademark. Being a one hit wonder could be nice actually. I'll bet he's had the freedom to live his life pretty much any way he wanted as a result of his success. If a video I made was such a big hit I'd want to move on to other things, rather than continuing to churn out video after video.
Old 10-10-08, 11:37 AM  
Raineth
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted_zebra
Doesn't he have his own hip hop fitness studio. Or used to.
Greg had a hip hop fitness studio!? LMAO I never would have guessed that in a million years.
Raineth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-08, 03:53 PM  
ladybug79

I've got to have this!!! I remember doing this video 13 years ago!! It was tough!!!
ladybug79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-08, 08:28 AM  
bolieikl
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted_zebra
I missed that in earlier posts. That's great, Sarah. I'd like to try at some point, but I know I'm not there yet.
I was able to last through some of the sections with them (the ankle weights)....but had to take them off for others!

I know a lot of people said they didn't get DOMS....but I was miserable! 24 hours afterwards and then 48 hours afterwards was even worse! I am training for a marathon and it is in 3 weeks. I was wanting to cut out my heavy lower body workouts and just do floorwork or pilates .....LOL...I think maybe I will wait til after the marathon to do this one again so that I will still be able to run Don't get me wrong....that is a GOOD thing I love it...but will just wait a few weeks to do it again!

Linda
bolieikl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buns of steel, of steel