Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-23-20, 04:14 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I was googling “workout videos” trying to find more than the few Firms I had purchased from their TV infomercial. I clicked - and the rest is history. .

It was long before the join date under my avatar. Our join dates all changed to 2001 when the software was updated that year.

Before that I was part of a couple of usenet (?) groups about fitness and met some future VFers there.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 06:57 PM  
firmaniac

I joined the old Firmlist Sparklist email discussion thread in late 1997, which is where I learned about Video Fitness and Collage Video....I was an intermediate lurker here until feeling like I had enough exercise history under my belt. So I joined in 2010, but was only a Supporter for a very short while due to budget issues. Even though facebook fitness groups consume most of my free online time, I still read here every day ( well, Night when I can't sleep ha)

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM
firmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 07:13 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I first joined way back in 1996, my gosh I'm old! I also was getting the Collage catalog in the mail, and that's back when you mailed in the order slip with a check!

Then I rejoined in 2014 when I started working out again at home instead of the gym.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 09:22 PM  
rhbrand

The original Firm Forum. Man I miss that place. I discovered both VF and Cathe there.
Old 02-23-20, 09:31 PM  
weighttrain
VF Supporter

From the FIRM videos and forum, thankful for this community
Beth K
Old 02-23-20, 09:34 PM  
shoegoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
The original Firm Forum. Man I miss that place. I discovered both VF and Cathe there.
Ditto.

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 10:09 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

I think I was on the Bodybuilding.com forums and there was a thread making fun of a video on YouTube. This video was Tracy Anderson's arm webisode. I was thoroughly intrigued by this video, as I had never seen a workout like this before, so I started Googling more about her and her method and was led to VF.

Before this, I think the only workout videos I owned were the MTV The Grind Hip Hop Aerobics, Carmen Electra's Strip Tease workout set, P90X and a couple Jari Love DVDs. Now I own or have owned pretty much everything out there (including most of the TA DVDs) lol.

Thanks VF
Old 02-24-20, 04:13 AM  
Negin

I posted on the Collage Video forums and a very kind lady (from Santa Cruz, CA, I believe) suggested that I post here as well. She told me that the forums here are far more active. I can't remember who she was - blonde, pretty, Bueller? Anyone? Anyway, I'm always grateful to her for that suggestion. That was back in 2011.
Old 02-24-20, 06:30 AM  
bolieikl
VF Supporter

I was Googling kickboxing workouts. I had just subscribed to “Taebo” Live monthly subscription and was trying to find other kickboxing workouts. It brought me to VF reviews for Aaron Langford’s kickboxing workout. That was in the 90’s.
bolieikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-20, 07:04 AM  
killoffsonny

I heard about through another forum member a long time ago. It was ages ago and that person is no longer on here. I don't think she has been in years. She and I met through another person who was on a health forum.

Tags
getting to know you, how did you find vf, vf history, vf love, video fitness, videofitness