Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-11, 05:42 PM  
Fidget Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyMarie65 View Post
I don't have any "sets" of KB's yet. I just have three different sizes/single.
Me, too.

I wonder if we could modify it to single bell exercises? Anyone know? I'm certainly NOT going to buy double kettlebells just for one workout
Fidget Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 08:23 PM  
cardiomama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidget Queen View Post
Me, too.

I wonder if we could modify it to single bell exercises? Anyone know? I'm certainly NOT going to buy double kettlebells just for one workout
Not all of the exercises are for double bell, there are a good mix of single bell exercises, too (as well as bodyweight). And Marcus will cue single arm options & bodyweight exercises for some double bell exercises, so there are alternate exercises for people.The Core workout uses mostly one bell, two heavy bells is used for stability (start in plank position w/ hands on horns of bells) but there is a bodyweight option for that exercise. There are 3 full workouts (each about an hour long, 45 mins. of work portion), so you could get a lot of use out of double bells (if you bought them).

I wrote a review on the MB45 advanced instructional, core workout & workout 1, you can check those out to see the exercise breakdowns: http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...st.php?id=1233
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 08:48 PM  
cardiomama

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyMarie65 View Post
I don't have any "sets" of KB's yet. I just have three different sizes/single.
You could use the bells that you have (off-set weight), and mid-exercise, switch hands, that's an option for people w/ different bell sizes/single bells.
Old 09-06-11, 08:57 PM  
cardiomama

Quote:
Originally Posted by violingal3 View Post
Oh man, do I need these in my KB collection?!?! I have Lauren, AOS, Iron Core, Keith Weber, KB Goddess and all the "others" (Bob, Jillian, Katami, Brook etc...). But I love bodyweight and KBs all in one workout! What do you guys think (except caligurl, I know what you will say - lol)!
I like the MB45 workouts that I've tried (Essentials are short & work well for add-ons, the Advanced are longer & challenging/butt kickers), and I have some of the same KB workouts that you have in your collection (Lauren's, few Anthony's KB way, & Iron Cores) but really only use Lauren's & Skogg. MB45 are similar to Lauren's in that there is a mix of KB & bodyweight exercises. After using the Skogg workouts (which I like), I realized that I prefer KB workouts that have bodyweight exercises (gives your hands/grip a rest and you can focus on something else). The price is really sweet, I have not paid so little for a KB DVD before for so much solid content.

ETA: I know that these workouts will get a lot of use, but they're not a need. If what you're using works for you, then you don't need it. I had bought the Advanced because I wanted to try more workouts w/ double bell exercises, so that was the main draw for me (and it included multiple workouts).
Old 09-06-11, 11:42 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I just ordered the advanced DVD. I tried the essentials DVD on a temp trade and thought the breaks were too long. I figured for 18 bucks the advanced one was worth a try. Thanks for posting about this.

Leslie
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 07:00 AM  
pharma_gal

Does anyone know if the price is going to go up or stay the same? I cant do any KB's right now but I was thinking about getting it for later.
R.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 07:14 AM  
caligurl

my understanding, from the email that went out.. is that they will stay at the lower price and new ones will release at lower prices...
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 08:01 AM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurl View Post
...new ones will release at lower prices...
Ooh...new ones? Coming soon, I hope?

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 08:25 AM  
suegy3

Is the shipping for one dvd also $6 for USPS? I'd like to buy it but that seems pricey to me.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 09:25 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suegy3 View Post
Is the shipping for one dvd also $6 for USPS? I'd like to buy it but that seems pricey to me.
Yes the shipping was about $6 for one.

leslie
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mb45 essentials