Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-11, 05:23 PM  
kat999

I have Bloch's and I love them so much that they've ruined me for normal sneakers. At home, I use them for everything except yoga and pilates. They're great for cardio, dance, anything using a step or step-like platform, good grip, good flexion, etc. Love.

When I use "normal" sneakers outside, I now hate them and find them way too stiff and immobile. I'm looking into something like Vibrams for running because of how much I love dance sneakers.
Old 05-14-11, 05:35 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy View Post
I wear Ryka Transition for dance workouts. They're flexible yet supportive, cushioned, and have a pivot point for easy turns on carpet.
How do these fit compared to other shoes? I've been wearing New Balance for years and like them but I'm looking for something new. But my foot is kind of wide, I wear men's shoes because of it. Just wondering how Rykas fit.
Old 05-14-11, 05:53 PM  
suzy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
How do these fit compared to other shoes? I've been wearing New Balance for years and like them but I'm looking for something new. But my foot is kind of wide, I wear men's shoes because of it. Just wondering how Rykas fit.
I've never been able to wear New Balance. The owner of the store I where I shop suggested I try the narrow ones because the regular width was too wide. The narrow width cut off the circulation to my toes. So...that might give you a point of reference.

This is my first pair of Ryka's, but they are perfect for me and I plan to get their running shoes as well. The problem I usually have is that anything that is wide enough for my toes to feel comfortable slips up and down on my heels. These have plenty of room in the toes and good enough support in the heels that they fit me perfectly.

I ordered these from Zappos because no one near me sells them, and Zappos has free return shipping. So you could try them pretty much risk free.
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-11, 08:48 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy View Post

I ordered these from Zappos because no one near me sells them, and Zappos has free return shipping. So you could try them pretty much risk free.
That was what I was planning to do but I had no idea what size to order. It's been so long since I ordered fitness shoes for women.

I have the same problem with shoes slipping off my heel if I get them wide enough in the toe box. That's why I like the 1000 series of NB because they don't do that.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 05-16-11, 12:33 PM  
DejaDeb

oops!
Old 05-16-11, 12:35 PM  
DejaDeb

I just purchased this shoe from Amazon, and so far I like it ... it's a bit slippery, though, so it will take some getting used to!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002DGSQV4

Previous to purchasing the shoes, I used these; I only used them once or twice before deciding just to buy the shoes!

http://www.slip-ons.net/2010/12/why-...-trainers.html
Old 05-16-11, 01:18 PM  
flamingoo

Has anyone tried the shoes Zumba sells on their website?
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dance sneakers