Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-11, 08:05 AM  
Hoodone

Air Video question

This weekend I played around with ripping DVD's via Handbreak to my PC then streaming them with Air Video onto my Ipad. The chapter breaks which are present in the ripped file do not come across in Air Video. It this just the way that program works? The only way I can figure to do it otherwise is to rip each chapter into it's own file which would be such a pain. I was hoping to be able to create my own workout mixes easily using this system, but now not so sure.
Hoodone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-11, 09:02 AM  
momofcha

I don't have an answer to your question - but how did you rip the DVD's? I tried on 2 different workout videos, but neither could be ripped as they are "protected?"

Any idea how to work around that?

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-11, 01:01 PM  
Hoodone

I ripped them with Handbreak. I did Cathe's gym styles. Two of them ripped perfectly, but I had trouble with Back, bi's and shoulders. I ended up just ripping the stretch which is what I wanted to use. But as mentioned earlier, the chaptering which is present in the file that resides on my computer, does not show up on Air Video and hence the original question.

The only work-around I can see is to rip each chapter separately, but that would be such a pain!

The ultimate goal is to generate my own video playlists. How cool would it be to create your own customized workout from everything in your collection? So far no way to generate a video playlist, though. If anyone has any ideas, please chime in!!!

What videos are you trying to rip? The next ones I will rip are "travel-friendly" ones.
Hoodone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-11, 02:16 PM  
momofcha

I'm trying to rip P57 Thigh & Seat Booster and The Dailey Method. I honestly didn't expect any problem with them, especially the Dailey Method one. I will try again tonight, but I'm not very tech savvy to figure a work-around.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tech