Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-20, 11:20 AM  
Sissy B

DH and I took 2 pieces of furniture, a bag of clothes and a box of miscellaneous to Goodwill on Saturday.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 01:01 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Pam you may have mentioned this already, but I don't remember what you said.

But do you already know the size space you'll be living in? Or are you just estimating the amount of things you can take?
Linda - We are moving to Victoria, about a 2 hour drive from where we are now. It’s going to be a process, lol! We have a small condo near downtown that we bought 7 years ago. Our son lived in it for a while, we do a little Airbnb with it, and we use it a lot ourselves to spend time with family there. We will list our house, it’s semi rural & fairly large, and live in the condo until the house sells. Then we will look for a house in the city & when we find one we will sell the condo. Prices in the city are higher so we will be looking for something smaller. We want something with a basement suite to do a little Airbnb with as Victoria attracts a lot of tourism. So a lot of our stuff will be in storage temporarily....and we definitely have accumulated more stuff than we need!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 06:14 PM  
fanofladyvols

Well then you have to make sure what you pay store is worth the price of storage...gotcha.

Sounds like a good plan!

Not hurried and you can have your house ready to show without worrying about having to keep that way and still live in it. That's so hard!

Btw, thanks so much for telling me to double my mats. My knees are so happy with floorwork now!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-20, 04:37 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

hi everyone - you all seem to be making great progress which is motivating!
I managed one drop off at goodwill, sold riding breeches on facebook, and have a thredup bag about ready to go. donated a few things to the silent auction at our riding club. just bits and pieces - work will be really busy for about 3 more weeks then I hope to tacke some bigger projects. .
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 06:02 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Nice to hear of everyone's progress.
DS came home this weekend and I had him look through his college textbooks. He is saving 3 or 4 and told me to toss or sell the rest. DH gave 3 reference books to a friend. Still lots more left but at least it is a start.
The books were in the basement which we have been cleaning over the last few weeks. DH wants a rowing machine (which will probably not get much use but I am going to try to be more optimistic) so I told him we need to clear a space for it before we buy one. He moved or tossed the hobby stuff that was spilling over to the common area and today I went through things for over 2 hours. I got or am getting rid of alot of things.
There is now a bunch of space cleared down there which feels good.

ETA: I also re-listed the prom dress and a few other things on Facebook Marketplace. I sold the Samsung gear camera a few weeks ago. It sat there for over a month so I re-listed it and it sold right away.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 06:05 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Leslie, I figured! You likely talked to Amanda or Laura. Our friend Ben does the pricing, but he is off this week, so Jon the owner or Rob would have done the pricing. My husband and son were in there last night! Small world!. My dh wrote an article recently about the 40th anniversary of the store this year.

I am glad they gave you good prices!

My dh has that Hendrix set.
Sherry, where was the article your husband wrote published? If you have a copy of the article could you email it to me?
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-20, 06:14 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

my friend owns a music studio and they're doing a clothing drive fundraiser - you bring the donations to the charity, and the charity pays you by the pound. this charity is linked with Savers retail thrift stores.

anyhoo, i batched 2 lawn bags of clothing and linen, and will be bringing over some used shoes and sandals tonight. the shoes are drying after i washed them in the washer with Lysol laundry disinfectant.

it's barely the tip of the iceberg, but a good catalyst. i also got my sister to donate - she came up with a good amount herself that i dropped off at the studio.

i also came up with a bag of clothes for my niece's kids in case they're interested.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-20, 06:25 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Sherry, where was the article your husband wrote published? If you have a copy of the article could you email it to me?
I am sorry. I am just seeing your post now. I will pm the link to the article. It could have been three times as long, but they had space limitations.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 11:15 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

my decluttering plans for spring break are not going well. I managed to post a few things on ebay but not one watcher. I'm sure it's the COV19. I'm trying to decide if I hold on to the more valuable things and post them later or toss it all in a thredup bag.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 11:35 AM  
Izzy

I might get some purging done over the next week. But where I am shaking and just anxious to attack is my library.

We closed yesterday until April 1. We had planned to have some staff work on de-cluttering, cleaning closets, departments, weeding etc. I was so happy. Then one person suggested we don't and the director went in another direction. I feel this is such a missed opportunity for us. We are getting our carpets cleaned and the library industrialized cleaned but our closets. Goodness, there is so much junk. I have to chain myself to my office not to go down to all the departments, especially Youth Services and just start pitching. But they are not my departments so I have to stay calm.

Mary
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
de-clutter, declutter, decluttering, downsizing, minimalist, minimizing