Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-20, 05:01 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

caribbean aerobics basic yoga then jumping lesson then stretch on my own. I found this caribbean aerobics yoga dvd (I know how much sense does that make) but I got it at goodwill and this practice was nice, slow paced not hard.

ebianco - lean - well that was some typo! It is not a waste of time, it's not super hard but an actual workout! that's a lot of workouts! I have a similar issue with Tracey I like her but have never kept her workouts. The ones I tried this week and put in goodwill were old ones she did for the method. they were repackaged - 3 14 min workouts it was just weird I blame the method not her.

buzzer - I haven't heard of our university having a plan. Of course, we could switch to electronic courses fairly easy these days - there are packages we have but we'd have to buy more licenses. mostly they have banned travel to china.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-20, 10:40 PM  
Buzzer

Firm Lower Body Split... DONE!

I totally overestimated my abilities these last 2 days! I decided since I did the upper body workout yesterday, I would do lower body today. Ow. I think this was the split one... it was a lot of Tamala Hastie (who you know I am not a fan of), lots of step ups on the box, lots of lunges and squats! I really, really felt this one. I know I cheated a lot of the reps, but my legs were pooped!

We did a homeschool day today at the botanic gardens, and I had to get on the floor a lot to help LB with things. I kept thinking "OK, I haven't done leg day enough" because it was tough!! HA! Good though. I needed these two days to remind me of how hard I used to workout. I used to use 20's for my heavy, do the pushups on the floor in plank, and my light weights were 8's. PLUS, I'd add weight into some of the cardio (my 8's) just because I didn'th think there was enough weight work!! HA! I was a brute.

Tomorrow I may have to take a rest day if I can't move, otherwise it will be cardio all the way. Wednesday will probably be a rest day since I have to take my car to the mechanic again. the problem they fixed still is a problem

Hopefully they don't charge me a lot to fix it.

I made it through my grumpiness yesterday very well. We crawled into bed about 9:15, then at 3:30am the oldest dog was panting and staring at me. I tried to ignore him, but finally I just couldn't He needed to go out. So, 3:30 in the doggone morning, I was taking him out. He did all his business, and I tried to go back to sleep. BOTH dogs come fluffing in, and pant and stare at me. I was pretty furious.

I got up, let them BOTh out again, and the older one wanted to stay on the deck. So I tied him up outside. the little dog (he's 60 pounds now, so not so little) decided he wanted to play and have fun, and I was trying to drink my coffee. The big dog was pacing outside and I was worried there was an animal outside. So I took him in and he continued pacing. had to take him out again. I was so frustrated!!! So I've been up since 3:30 in the freaking morning. Luckily, although I felt grumpy because of all of this, I was pretty OK today and didn't grumpily grump around.

Eventmom: I hate getting a workout just to get free shipping, and hating it. That makes me so annoyed. I do have some I got to get free shipping that I still haven't opened. I need to learn to sometimes just pay for the shipping because then at least I don't have a DVD I have to get rid of!!

Ebianco: So what have you decided about the pure barre streaming? is it worth it? are you keeping it? is your workout room set up now?????
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-20, 12:04 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - slim series cardio core express
today - stretches from yoga shakti

so yesterday I woke up with a terrible migraine felt like my head was in a vise. Had to get my exam written for tonight... I don't usually wait so long to get them done but well, that's how it went this week.

buzzer - I thought I was buying cardio but mostly not. ah well, I'll learn. Hey, do you want my extreme callanetics? It's not one I like so I'll send it if you want it. So sorry about the dogs, I guess that's the only good thing about not having a dog, but overall I miss having a dog.

hi ebianco!
Old 02-27-20, 11:31 AM  
Buzzer

Rest Day... DONE!
Firm Vol 2... DONE!

ow. I love Firm Vol 2!! I used 10's as my heavy weights, except for the chest workout and pullovers on the floor. I used 12's. ow. It was great though! I did my pushups on the highest level of the Fanny Lifter, and almost did all of them! My range of motion wasn't as good (not all the way down) and I slowed down some of the reps from what she did. I was pooped! My muscles were definitely fatigued. I felt like how I used to do it! Everything was kinda sore tired, and I pushed through.

Yesterday was a rest day. We took the car in, and I suppose we didn't really rest. We ended up walking about 2 miles. I took LB out for breakfast, then we decided to continue down the road to a little strip mall with a tj maxx type place and bed bath and beyond. We went all the way down there.... about a mile... and got the call my car was done so we turned around and went back. My Fitbit vibrated (I call it electrocuted me, because it surprises you and vibrates like you are being electrocuted)at about 1:30pm for my 10,000 steps complete. so I guess not really a "rest" day!!! I walked it slow though... a 7 year olds pace... so that's kinda a rest, right?

LB fell out of bed about 3am, she is sleeping with me since DH has been out of town. So I stayed awake after that to watch her a bit, and didn't fall back to sleep. hopefully I will nap later!

Eventmom: YES! Extreme Callanetics is on my wishlist at total fitness!! Let me know if there's anything you are looking for and I will see if it's in my "to go" pile!! Actually, I might go through my "to go" pile anyhow and see if either of you are interested. I love Callanetics!!! Those things hurt like the Firm!!

I'm sorry you aren't recovering yet. doggone it. what makes it so hard is you have to keep pushing through like you are healthy . You need spring break. Or just a break. I don't know if there even is such a thing in your world

Waves Ebianco!!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 02-28-20, 02:08 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Happy Friday!

Wednesday: I tried out some upper body on the Pure Barre online - a 20 minute workout minus the abs and then another 10 minutes for arms. They have tons of short workouts that can be strung together like this.

Thursday: Pure Barre online workout, 45 minutes with Meryl.

Today: Ellen Barrett Fat Burning Fusion and some static stretching and foam rolling for a 35 minute workout.

Tomorrow: arms and abs and then Pure Barre on Sunday with more lower body focus.

Eventmom Interesting about Tracey and The Method. I never did their workouts, they seemed like good ideas but got mostly bad reviews on VF and then they didn't really translate to DVD so oh well!

Yeah Lean and all of the Fitprimes are great, some are easier but they definitely feel good all the same. I really like Keli in these.

Buzzer I have to say Pure Barre online has really grown on me. I feel like I want to do them every single day!! Of course I know that would lead to crazy burnout so I am pacing myself. This is my last week of the routine I've stuck to for several weeks...next week I'm thinking of slightly switching it up by doing three barre workouts a week and just two of arms/abs/stretching/Ellen, instead of two and three days respectively. The music is awesome in these, there is a variety of moves and all the instructors I have tried are great and they have their own style which adds to the variety too. The $30 a month is ridiculous but if I really feel like I want to keep with these, I can purchase a year up front which brings the monthly to about $23, I'm thinking about it.

The main negative (besides the price) is that they haven't uploaded any new content at all since November 2019 and I have no idea what the hold up is, over the next month I will have worked my way through all the 45 minute+ workouts minus the DVD legacy workouts which I already have and the beginner/foundation workouts which I'm not really interested in. Maybe at that point I'll reconsider if I want to keep with the subscription. At some point I'd also like to try Bar Method online and they are only $19/month. But I'm having a blast now!

My gym was mostly set up, not the mirrors or pull up bar or anything but my mat, all my DVDs were on hand, etc. But we got new flooring in the basement so had to move all the furniture into the gym for a few days, so I'm back to working out in the bedroom or family room, but that is very temporary.
Old 02-29-20, 07:25 AM  
Buzzer

Tracie Long (TLT) Endurance for Motion, first about 10 or 15 minutes...DONE!
Ballroom Aerobics... DONE!

So I haven't done the TLT in so long, I had no idea what it was like anymore. So since it says "endurance" I decided that must mean cardio, so I popped it in.

I made it through her planks, some light weight work, and some cardio... oh, and the first exercise ball work (wow. when was the last time I had that thing out? It was about 1/4 deflated which totally made the work easier!!). She said "get heavy weight for squats and lunges". Well, since I did volume 2 before this, I did NOT want to do squats and lunges!! I may save this for a weight day.

So, I pulled out one of my favorites, Ballroom Aerobics, and did a nice performance of all of the dances. It was fun! I tripped on a lot of them, did not get my tango close this time, and didn't even do the cha cha right, but I had fun. My body is still sore from performing so much on Vol 2 the other day, so I don't know what I am going to do today.

The puppy got out about a week ago because of all the snow around the fence, so we've been keeping him on his leash outside again. So yesterday I went around the fence line out front and kicked snow away from the fence and stomped it down. Today I might go out and push the snow on the outside of the fence away. It was really deep and not melting because of the tree shadows, and he just walked right over the fence. That took about an hour and a half/two hours. Today I have a bit more of the fence to do. Good leg workout!

I ended up with about 12,000 steps yesterday between my cardio, fence work, and just moving around.

My Firm 12 minute cardio DVD finally showed up, so maybe I'll do a second cardio day and give my muscles a break!

Ebianco: Isn't it funny how the difference between $23 a month and $30 a month is only $7, but it can make or break our decision? When you said the $23, I was all "Oh, I would totally do that if I were enjoying it so much!" but the $30 I was all "man, I'd never keep that." It's like, the price of a Starbucks. I'm glad you are enjoying them though! I can see burning out, but on the other hand, if there is enough variety, you might do all of them a few times in a year and not get burnt out! After all, there was a point in our lives where we only had a few workouts, and seemed to not get too burnt out

I need to work through some fit primes and kick butts. I always skipped them, thinking they were easier, but after doing a few of them last time I was doing Firms, they aren't all that easy. It is a crap shoot on whether you get one that's more like a "basic" firm or one that's tougher, but I really surprised myself by enjoying some of them!! Maybe I'll do one today! Now watch, I'm pondering an easier workout today, and I'll grab one that's killer and I will be in a pool of melted me at the end....

hi Eventmom! I hope you are feeling better and making it through your work and year easier now!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 02-29-20, 04:30 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

well I didn't write down my workouts wednesday - friday!

today - classical stretch episode, then jumping lesson,then yoga basics from caribbean aerobics.
I know I did margaret richard strong for life split over I'm pretty sure Thur & Fri adding on short cardio. I think wed. I did fitprime crunch time

buzzer - I should be able to get that dvd out next week. glad it is going to a good home! I'm not really looking for anything. I just bought the three janice lennard dvds that were talked about on GD. of all the TLTs I kept strength in movement and the core one, neither of which Tracie leads. Not sure I'm keeping the core one.

ebianco - sounds like your house is going to be amazing in every way soon. I agree, Keli is great in the fitprimes.

waves!
Old 03-01-20, 03:19 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi all! Finishing out my workout week:

Saturday: Barlates the total 20 upper workout that I’ve done a few times and an older Barlates ab/core Pilates workout for a 45 minute workout.

Today: Pure Barre online a full 45 minute workout then more thigh and seat add one for a 65 minute workout. Plus later today is furniture moving max LOL

Eventmom. I’ve been enjoying Ellen but think I may revisit Classical Stretch for the same kind of big movement feel good stretchy workout as an alternative.

And thank you I’m so excited about the house!

Buzzer yes there is a huge difference mentally between $23 vs $30 per month. All the other barre places seem to be $19 per month but I will acknowledge that Pure Barre seems the most widely known and popular so I guess they can get away with charging more.

The Fitprimes are definitely tough if you use heavier poundage, and the KickButt workouts are harder than the Fitprimes (originals are supposed to be the hardest overall). I haven’t done the TLTs in a long time but I remember them being more strengthening than cardio. The one tracie leads with the little ball is the most cardio of them. I’m interested to see how you like the Firm 12 minute dvd!
Old 03-02-20, 07:07 AM  
Buzzer

Firm Complete Aerobics and Weight Training from BSS2.. DONE!

I really liked this one! I used 12's as my heavy weight (which is a step up from my 10's heaviest I've been doing) and did NOT hit pause at all!!! Well, actually I think I did once when I had to take more time for an equipment change. But I didn't hit pause at all for a break! I felt worked out at the end, a little shaky in my muscles, and overall really good. it reminded me of how I used to feel after a Firm workout.

I was really glad I grabbed my 3 pound weights instead of 5's at one point when she said to get the twigs from the sculpting stick. It ended up being a good set of anterior delt raises and holding your arms in the air for awhile. I never would have made it with 5's! not yet, anyhow.

I do reflect back on what I used to grab for Firm workouts, but I no longer feel like a weak failure when I do. I feel a bit more neutral about it, and know I am doing a really good job right now. I also don't know if I ever want to get to that point again where I outgrow the Firm workouts because I don't feel like I am getting enough of a workout from them. I think that was good for me at the time, I had access to a gym and the motivation to challenge myself with heavier weights, but right now I love working out at home to my videos, and don't want to graduate away from them.

LB is sketching out plans to turn her room into a jungle. She wants to turn the floor of her closet (we have the doors off) into water (she wanted real water, and to build a form to hold the water. I told her "NO!" so now she's planning on blue blankets), wants fake plants around to hide in like a tiger, and asked me if we could have a guy come in for a few days and paint some jungle scenery on her walls (again, a NO! but I told her we could look into those wallpaper murals that are realistic). She is very excited about it. I like her enthusiasm and creativity, but I told her I would look at her plans and we can find a nice balance between a total expensive jungle, and a nice, economical 7 1/2 year olds room. She cracks me up!!

I took an unplanned rest day on Saturday. At my workout time, DH woke up just as I was going to leave. He just got home Friday evening, so I felt like I should sit and talk to him a bit. Then, the dogs start to "woof" so we look out... there was a parade of about 20 wild turkeys walking down the street!!! I ended up waking up LB to watch them. It was so cool!! LB was all sleepy, looking at the turkeys and said "I know what we are having for dinner tonight!!" HA! I told DH perhaps we need to get her into hunter safety courses. She seems to be a natural hunter, unlike me or DH. Who knows, she may end up feeding the family some day. It just cracks me up that she comes up with stuff like that.

So anyhow, I told LB I would workout later, but I never did. I got tied up in cleaning, looking for something I misplaced and still can't find, so I cleaned while I was looking. I guess that was activity. I probably needed a rest day anyhow, since the other rest day I took (when we went to the mechanics) I ended up walking so much.

Ebianco: Furniture moving Max!! That cracked me up. I kinda like furniture moving max. I don't do it often, but when I do, the house feels cleaner and bigger. Then 24 hours later it looses all those nice feelings. But I love it anyhow!

I am planning to do the 12 minute cardio workout today, I need to investigate it after I check in and see if the "play all" option includes all the warm ups and cool downs. I have read it's more beginner (basics), so I will funk it up a bit. The workout yesterday still has my muscles talking, so a basics should be good for me!

Eventmom: No hurry on the DVD. Just whenever. It has made me pull out my Callanetics and put them in my "rotation pile" though. I love Callanetics! I was reading people doing Callanetics with Firm, so I might do that a bit. I am really loving my "new" rotation!

So I can't sleep well at night (although I am sleeping through the night now with some wake ups, no long wake ups anymore though) however yesterday I was falling asleep in my rocker. I thought for sure I'd sleep really good last night because I was so pooped and sleeping sitting up... nope. Asleep at 9:30, up at 3:45. I just want to get 7-8 hours consistently. it's been a goal for so long, and I have tried so many things. I just remembered I need to look up that book Eventmom recommended!!

Waves you guys! Have a good day!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 03-02-20, 04:54 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Sunday - ttapp basic + & 30 min easy kathy smith
today 7 min cs youtube workout

we drove to dallas to see the eagles sunday night. it was great but well after we bought the tickets we found out my husband had a meeting at 12 he couldn't miss so we got up early and hurried to get home. good thing, we had two alternative routes due to accidents, one in dallas and one on i-35 2 exits from our house. fortunately the mapping software found us a reasonable way home that I wasn't familiar with (well, last time I was on one of the roads a bridge was washed out). anyway, the eagles were fantastic!

buzzer - when I was 9 we moved to AZ and wanted my room to be africa - green (grass) carpet, orange (sun) walls, posters of every type of african big cat. go lb!

ebianco - my hip has been a problem for several weeks so I think more CS and more Ttapp for me.