Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-23-20, 12:13 PM  
ruthular

I comment every time I try one of the bad workouts. And, I write customer service constantly. I just don't get it! It's weird because the studio workouts haven't "evolved." They are still fantastic. So, the whole change thing seems artificial. That's what bothers me the most -- I loved Barre3 because it seemed so real. I trusted them. But the online version has gone in a direction that I don't support and seems fake. I'm actually kind of embarrassed for them sometimes. Just yesterday I emailed customer service and asked for a list of "signature" workouts so I don't have to waste my time doing the bad ones. I'll let you know if I get a reply.
ruthular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 12:35 PM  
lynnf

Thanks! I saw your comment. Keep me posted on the response. It really is weird what they are doing online and why they won't say why they are doing this. Their signature workouts were wonderful and they really don't know their way through "cardio" nor the weird way they conceive of "interval" weight training, which as you rightly said was supersets, not well done, boring and some of it quite hard on the back. And totally embarrassing that they don't know basic exercise terms and get the people on their forum to believe their misuse of the terms, thinking something is an "interval" workout because they found it hard or it made them sweat. Very irresponsible in my opinion.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 03:48 PM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthular View Post
I comment every time I try one of the bad workouts. And, I write customer service constantly. I just don't get it! It's weird because the studio workouts haven't "evolved." They are still fantastic. So, the whole change thing seems artificial. That's what bothers me the most -- I loved Barre3 because it seemed so real. I trusted them. But the online version has gone in a direction that I don't support and seems fake. I'm actually kind of embarrassed for them sometimes. Just yesterday I emailed customer service and asked for a list of "signature" workouts so I don't have to waste my time doing the bad ones. I'll let you know if I get a reply.
Yes, but if we are talking about the same thing, I felt that way for a long while before the most recent change in the fall. But at least the workouts were good.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-20, 04:57 PM  
ruthular

Hi! Got a nice response from B3. They said that a lot of the new workouts to be added will be signature style, and that strength conditioning from before October are also signature style. Hope this helps. They were very nice.

Just FYI, studio workouts are still fantastic. Just went today and it was the real deal.
Old 02-24-20, 05:20 PM  
lynnf

Thanks. Still it sounds like they are doubling down on their non-barre style strength conditioning, which is sad.
Old 02-24-20, 09:12 PM  
momofcha

I wonder why they seem to be changing just the streaming. Seems strange and inconsistent

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-20, 03:14 PM  
ruthular

I just saw a video on B3’s FB page. Sadie is really against how the fitness industry is shaming women. I don’t see how changing a workout from brilliant to blah is helping with that but she said that she’s willing to lose it all to stand by her principles. Seems like the only constant is a bunch of confusing rhetoric.
Old 02-25-20, 03:41 PM  
prettyinpink

Thanks for mentioning the video. It’s from the Rich Roll podcast, I just saved the episode to listen to later.

I have always liked what I heard from Sadie. Her company is large now and I don’t know how much she is dealing with development of the workout anymore on the basic level, or maybe she never was much after the beginning, who knows.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-20, 10:43 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthular View Post
I just saw a video on B3’s FB page. Sadie is really against how the fitness industry is shaming women. I don’t see how changing a workout from brilliant to blah is helping with that but she said that she’s willing to lose it all to stand by her principles. Seems like the only constant is a bunch of confusing rhetoric.
I heard part of this podcast when she posted it on Instagram. I've been thinking about it, and it puzzles me. I understand being present in the moment, and appreciating the "now" - but why can we not strive for an "after?" I'm happy with myself and am trying more and more to be present and definitely thankful, but I am still striving to be better. A better and kinder person. Stronger. And yes, I want to lose weight, for me. I'm not happy with how my body is at the moment, but that doesn't mean I'm unhappy. I don't feel shamed for my size, but it's not where I want to be. The more I think about this, the more I feel it takes away having goals, trying to improve or be better. I just don't get it.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-20, 10:21 AM  
lynnf

They just put up their March collection, which is balanced in body. I did the first one, which is Andrew's 30 minute Strength Conditioning. I don't think they are considering this one "classic" B3, but it wasn't the horrible "interval" type. He said it emphasized "unilateral" movement, which meant on one side at a time, and I thought it was a good one. Definitely had a cardio aspect (with B3 burpees) and no excessive repetition. So far, so good with this new set IMHO. It did have the heavier weights, but was well within the B3 approach and not striving for a traditional weight training concept or trying to be low impact cardio, so I was fine with it.

Tags
barre 3, barre3, barre3 streaming