Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-21-20, 09:18 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I知 in Madison. Met my friend痴 daughter, visited her farm, got dinner and tried to see her body at the mortuary, but that didn稚 work. Today I値l visit my favorite spots here in town and hopefully meet with some friends.

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-20, 01:47 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

We got our first now in 400+ days. It was horrible, 2-3 inches. . The town seemed to pretty much shut down last night. DH came down with my sickness and is having his "feel really bad and sit in his chair all day" day. We're just hanging out at home and I'm trying to get stuff done.

Anita - I hope you get to see friends and visit old stomping grounds. I also hope that you can bring some comfort to your friend's kids.

Paula - That's great about the boat being sea worthy. I see a trip to Catalina in your future.

Bee - Getting into college is so much more stressful these days. I visited the SUNY (State University of New York) closest to my home in Rochester, NY as a practice. Couldn't see myself there and visited a college I was really interested in. I loved it from the moment I walked on campus, so I applied early decision and new by November 13 of my senior year where I would be going and what i would be doing. It was great. I just watched veryone else scramble. Even for them, it was nothing like today.

Dede - The sun seems to have cleared our roads already. We live in Raleigh, 3-3.5 hours a little north and mostly east of Charlotte. Things usually go through there first on the way to here.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-20, 04:51 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Happy Friday -- for a little while longer.

Paula, congrats on the boat work -- hope you can indeed enjoy it soon.

Anita, the few times I've been to Madison with my husband he always wants Rocky Rococo pizza -- I think that's it -- and gyros from the main drag. I didn't think the pizza was anything special and he said "it used to be better". Sometimes things do change, it seems. Hope you enjoy some of your favorites that haven't changed.

Laura, do you not get snow very often or did you just have a strange long year of no snow?

Our beautiful weather turned gray today, but unfortunately no rain for us -- just gray.

This morning I did Xtrain Cardio Leg Blast. I treated it more as a cardio workout and didn't use weights for the weighted sections except deadlift and step ups. I may alter my experiment slightly and start using light weights for some leg work and see how it goes. So far it's been good, but not sure I'm working my lower body enough. I did enjoy the cardio factor this morning and I do think I need more of that.

Have a great weekend!
Old 02-21-20, 08:59 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. No workout today other than cleaning on the boat.

Anita, glad you got to meet your friends daughter. Sorry things didn't work out at the mortuary. Have fun visiting your old haunts.

Laura, I hope your DH is feeling better and all the snow has melted off. I too am hopeful there's a Catalina trip in my future.

Bee, I guess you know Madison also? The closest I've been to Madison is Oshkosh when we went to WI for the 2018 EPA AirVenture.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-20, 09:15 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I値l be meeting a friend for breakfast, then returning home. Yesterday I walked in my favorite park, stopped by my favorite shops and my old neighborhoods, met a friend for lunch and visited the new circus building here. I知 retry much visited out so will be returning home after breakfast with another friend. I知 sure Gus will be glad to be back home.

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-20, 10:37 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Well, Paula, my husband grew up there and went to college there, so we visited his parents a few times while they were still alive and we briefly thought about relocating our company back there. Briefly.

Anita, what type of dog is Gus? We have three mutts and I thought my husband was crazy to go to three -- was really mad at him in fact (because it was actually four at the time!) but it worked out well because when he brought home the two instead of just one, they were puppies, and they really kept each other occupied so the puppy phase was not nearly so taxing for us. I see other people get one puppy at a time and they have to do much more supervising it seems.

This morning I decided to do another cardio because I sort of technically worked legs yesterday, though not very hard, and because tomorrow I'll have more time for a total body. On a complete whim I pulled out Cathe's beginner step video. It was on a dvd together with Cardio & Weights when I bought my step -- a freebie included. 25 minutes of easy choreography and easy stepping -- that is, no blasts or anything. It was a great low key workout, if a little repetitive.

Have a nice day, all!
Old 02-22-20, 11:22 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Bee, I used to love Cardio Leg Blast, but it got hard for me and kind of wiped me out. Congrats on considering it to not be a hard leg workout. I haven't tried it in a long time. I think it was the jumping onto the step parts. I was getting tired by then. Now you're making me want to try it again.

Laura, we do shut down in the south when it snows. We don't know how to drive in it.

Paula, I'm sure cleaning a boat is legit exercise!

Anita, I hope you have enjoyed your visit (as much as you can under the circumstance). Safe travels home.

I allowed yesterday to get away from me and ended up doing a Gina B workout from YouTube. I did do my customized upper body routine earlier in the day, but I'd planned to do some cardio. So I picked something short and easy just so I could say I'd done something.

It's sunny here today. Rain is supposed to be coming back Monday and will be with us pretty much the whole week. *sigh* Not looking forward to that.

Everyone have a great weekend.
Old 02-22-20, 02:31 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Ddj, remember that I have given myself full license to modify in any way I see fit -- my Cathe workouts are not strictly followed at all! As I mentioned, no weights for the weighted sections (except a couple of things), and if she's jumping on the step with both feet I am hopping up one foot at a time. For some moves I don't use the step at all. It's made Cathe workouts really enjoyable for me again -- try it!!

I meant to make the exact same comment about boat cleaning being no easy feat!! I'm sure you're sore in unexpected places from that, Paula.
Old 02-22-20, 08:56 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Yin Yoga for Healthy Hips with Travis Eliot.

Anita, how nice to have this time to honor your friend and to reiminisce. I know this wasn't a joyful event but I hope you had some fun. Gus will be a happy boy to see you.

Bee, yes, I can see your family has ties to Madison. It's one of those cities that always shows up on lists of best places to live. I enjoyed the time we spent in Oshkosh but that was completely oriented to planes so didn't but of anything else.

DeeDee, raining here today too. Of couse we went grocery shopping today but luckily didn't get too wet. I never got into Cathe. I know people love her but just never clicked with me - I don't know why. Now I'm too old and gimpy to want to take on something that is hard core and requires changes of equipment.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote