Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-11, 07:49 PM  
buttons11

Unhappy I know I'm not the only one...I miss my furrbaby

I'm mostly a long time lurker and don't post much...
I've read the most recent postings of others who were either fighting a health battle or who had lost their furrbaby...made me ache for each one when reading those...I was afraid to post then, didn't want to jinx my Odie as he was doing so well up until the 1st week in August

Now it's my turn to grieve I guess
We had to say goodbye to my 20yr old cat Odie after he lost his battle w/kidney disease on Saturday 8/6/11 [he made it to 20yrs and 8mo...those 8mo count at that age]

He lived a long and beloved life, he survived my nasty ex husband, a stroke in 2005 and brain cancer 2008...I married again in 2007 and my hubby and Odie became best buds...Odie beat all the odds by a long shot...they gave him 1yr at most after the brain tumor removal w/o radiation and his 3yr survival anniversary was 6/25/11... each day was a gift and Odie got a lotta love from hubby & I

I got Odie when I lived alone in Omaha as a 7wk old kitten, cute little black & white tuxedo Maine Coon ...what a chatty furr ball...He's been my most consistent positive being in my life...I have a wonderul loving husband, a cute 10yr old maltese Feather and our new luv Ms Bunny...the young, beautiful gray stray cat that adopted us 3 months ago...I am truly grateful for my husband, my other furrbabies and all the wonderful years I had w/Odie...

Yet it has been a couple weeks already, and I see I'm just not going to get over this...I don't have any regrets or doubts about his passing...I know we did everything we could possibly do for him, it was just his time...I'm just plain sad ...I MISS him...sheeeeze, I feel like a 46yo BABY but my heart just aches without him...20 years is a looong relationship and he was woven into everything in my life

I've spent a lot of time here reading on VF while luvin up on Odie, especially the last 6mo or so...I've enjoyed all the chat about new workouts, rotations, and instructors...I've learned so much & bought a multitude of DVD's ...yet I've foregone the am workouts to snuggle w/Odie on the couch and have only managed a sporatic workout schedule...I have weight to loose and I know I will feel better if I get my butt movin...I thought since Odie passed I would be able to just get up and get right at my AM workouts... but I've felt stuck...I know I need to...and am otherwise anxious to do more...but when morning comes I'm just so sad not to have that time w/my luv...shoot I even have a rapidly approaching trip to Australia in October...that should be enough motivation

anyhoo, I know I'm not alone as I know there are many others here missin their furrbabies...
I just need to get to it! ....does no good to be so so mopey...
so if you are still here readin this long winded, sappy post...feel free to give me a swift kick in the pants!...
thanks for letting me whine a bit
ms Buttons
buttons11 is offline   Reply With Quote