Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-12-11, 05:56 AM  
sherry7899

new to Zumba-I have a question

A kind vf'er loaned me a bunch of Zumba workouts. I've never done Zumba before.

I tried the Beginner/Basic workout from an older set-Giselle is in this set.

I could keep up with some of it, and was kind of lost in other parts of the workout.

My main question-there was hardly any cuing at all! Do the later sets (Transformation/Exhiliration) have cuing?

I loved the music, and thought the workout was really fun (the parts I could do, anyway!)

Thanks so much for any input.

Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-11, 06:48 AM  
andtckrtoo

Sherry - both the Transformation and Exhilarate sets come with "Basic Steps" DVD's that break down the moves. I found these very helpful just to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing. They also have discs that have the option for more cueing. So it's really like the best of both worlds - you get the cueing when you need it and you can turn it off for when you don't.
Old 05-12-11, 07:26 AM  
sherry7899

Thanks, Christine! That gives me hope

Sherry
Old 05-12-11, 09:56 AM  
cpcathy

I found Transformation to have adequate cueing--I was never lost, but I just got irritated with the music being the same, so I gave it away. I am, however, looking forward to Exhileration, and will be buying that one.

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-11, 10:33 AM  
sherry7899

Thank you, Cathy! I am trying a few workouts to make sure I enjoy them before possibly buying the new set on QVC later this month.

Sherry
Old 05-12-11, 02:57 PM  
Fitstick

I dont have Transformation but I recently got the Exhilaration package. I tried the basics and the activate workout but when I finally tried a more challenging workout (Exhilarate) I felt that I had two left feet and some of the cuing did seem late. I think this will all improve with practice but I was feeling pretty bad about not being able to do what they were doing. And they look so happy doing it that i wanted to punch them out! OOPS So, even after all of these years of mastering tricky choreography, I think I have my work cut out for me with Zumba!
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-11, 05:15 PM  
killoffsonny

I don't have any of the videos. I attend zumba classes at my gym and there is little to know cueing. You just have to watch the teacher and do the same as she/he does. It takes some getting used to but veventually if you go enough you get it.
Old 05-13-11, 08:20 AM  
Ctfitnut
VF Supporter

The zumba dance routines usually have the same moves to certain parts of the song such as the chorus will have the same choreographed move throughout the song and then the verses and other parts of the song have other choreographed move(s) which also repeat throughout the song. Sometimes I cue verbally (but briefly) and sometimes physically but zumba is about dancing, moving, and enjoying the music and to do that the instructor cueing is supposed to be minimal in order not to detract from the music.

Tags
zumba