Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-16-18, 10:34 PM  
sherry7899

Mail delivery problems

Is anyone else already having issues with packages being delivered? I am waiting on two orders for items for the holiday gift exchange. One was sent by UPS Surepost to my post office to be delivered. That package has been at my local post office since 11/13. The other package was supposed to arrive by an Amazon delivery van. It was at a warehouse 45 minutes away and was "delayed in transit" and I should contact them if I don"t have it by Wednesday. This is Prime shipping! Sigh.......

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-18, 11:54 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

UPS is famous for slow service but if it has been transferred to USPS they deliver them within a day of receipt. If you have time, I would suggest going to or calling your post office (I know I’d rather go to the dentist). But it may have fallen somewhere and has gone unnoticed since they have so many packages this time of year. I used to work for USPS so I’m familiar with their protocols. Of course, it could be a poorly managed PO because that certainly happens. At least they haven’t misdelivered it, I hate when that happens. It really isn’t that hard to deliver the mail properly. I don’t envy the carriers and mostly the subs this time of year. It’s long hard late hours, but they do deliver all packages. That’s one perk of USPS over other shipping providers.

I can’t speak to the Amazon service. I hope they show up soon. Waiting is so hard! I’m super impatient!! Haha.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-18, 12:09 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

That’s frustrating Sherry! I’ve had very good luck with Amazon.ca, they tend to use Fedex or Purolater for Prime 2 day shipping. We are in the middle of rotating strikes by Canada Post which has the potential to have a huge impact if it escalates.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-18, 06:51 AM  
sherry7899

cjyad-usually anything that goes to USPS from UPS is delivered in the next one or two days. I don't know what happened this time. If it does not show up today, I will check with my post office in person. Getting anyone on the phone there is nearly impossible. We have three post offices in my town, but I think the sorting is done at the "main" large branch. Darn, I was just there last night and should have asked while I was there. I did not think of it. Since it was after 6pm (they are open until 6:30 on Fridays) probably the person there that could help would be gone already.

Amazon did update that the package will be delivered today-fingers crossed!

I'm more concerned about the UPS package because it had more items in it.

Pam-thanks for the empathy. I hope Canadian postal strikes are resolved soon.

Sherry

ETA: I contacted the company about the UPS order. They are sending a replacement. Hopefully this one will actually arrive. They are cutting out the USPS and sending it straight to my house using UPS or Fed Ex.

ETA again-the Amazon package has arrived

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-18, 03:49 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Sherry,

I’m glad you were able to at least make some progress with the items you ordered. The original package may have been delivered to the wrong post office and being passed around through the system since there are three in your town. USPS is supposed to scan all packages so they know where they are in the system but I don’t think that applies to UPS and Fed Ex packages. I could never figure out why USPS delivers UPS and Fed Ex packages anyway. I dreaded waiting for the UPS truck to show up because he always got there 5 min before the deadline where his packages would wait till tomorrow. So I’d be all loaded up and ready to go and then had to wait for UPS. At my PO, UPS delivered the packages off directly to the PO.

I hope everything arrives all safe and sound.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-18, 04:38 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

At this time of year we have quite a few mis-deliveries. Our packages end up delivered to a house with same street number but it could be any street around our neighborhood.

We've already had 2 this past week: one was Amazon delivery and one USPS. It's always very uncomfortable for us to go and retrieve our package from someone else's front door. We always ring the the doorbell before we pick up our package, but a lot of time residents are not at home, so we take our package and leave. I worry that people nowadays have cameras and may think that we walk around the neighborhood stealing packages. Ugh.
Old 11-17-18, 07:58 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
At this time of year we have quite a few mis-deliveries. Our packages end up delivered to a house with same street number but it could be any street around our neighborhood.

We've already had 2 this past week: one was Amazon delivery and one USPS. It's always very uncomfortable for us to go and retrieve our package from someone else's front door. We always ring the the doorbell before we pick up our package, but a lot of time residents are not at home, so we take our package and leave. I worry that people nowadays have cameras and may think that we walk around the neighborhood stealing packages. Ugh.
Just to cover yourself, maybe hold the label up to the camera (often in the doorbell) before leaving so people can confirm that you took your own package. If you don't want to share your name/address, then consider taking a photo of your package label/package with neighbor's porch scene as background. Never hurts to have photo evidence in the bank. I guess a lot can depend on how well you know your neighbors. From where I'm standing, the world seems a touch strange these days and I like an extra card to play....
Old 12-20-18, 09:03 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

This evening was the 3rd time in ONE WEEK where our package was delivered to the wrong address. It was delivered by Amazon driver and the address where he dropped it off was not even close to ours. My DH just spent 45 minutes walking around the neighborhood in the dark, checking our neighbors front doors and hoping that nobody accuses him of stealing their packages. I am so sick of it! Yep, we've advised Amazon of misdeliveries each and every time - to no avail. I'm really furious right now!

ETA: We have Prime. What a joke! It took 6 days to deliver 1 DVD to my (well, one of my neighbors' home)
Old 12-20-18, 10:28 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Kohl’s shipped an order to me on December 6. Estimated delivery was December 10, then December 12, 18 and 20. The tracking information showed UPS transferring it to USPS (SurePost) 3 times. USPS never showed receiving it. I called Kohl’s today and they refunded my money. Tracking still shows that it will be delivered by USPS today. It’s 9:30PM!

I’ve never had a problem with Kohl’s or SurePost before. In fact, I usually receive my orders at least a day before the estimated delivery. I’ll be interested to see if it ever shows up.

ETA: New delivery date is 12\22. Wonder why it always changes by 2 days. Tells me they don’t even have it.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-18, 11:55 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I ordered one of Jessica Smith's new DVDs last Wednesday (with Prime) and it said it would be 2 day delivery. I checked the tracking on Friday and it showed it hadn't even shipped yet, so I contacted Amazon who said it would be here the next day. I checked again Saturday and it was still showing that it hadn't shipped so I complained again and it was finally shipped late Saturday and delivered at 7:30pm by USPS on Sunday. It wasn't a big deal since it wasn't a Christmas gift, but when you are paying extra for Prime and are expecting 2 day delivery, it makes you wonder what you are paying for. I know this is a busy time of year, but I don't remember having these problems in the past.