Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-09-16, 09:35 AM  
PhyllisG

Barre2. No dread with these at all. I have been doing some weight workouts lately. Barre2 was no joke. Holding my leg out and up was not easy. Also standing one leg and extending the other to the back....felt that too.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-16, 09:53 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Laura,
sounds like a great mix!

Phyllis,
you inspired me to pop in a barre workout today, too! I haven't decided which one yet, but I'll report back later!

*wave to everyone*

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-16, 10:41 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Sorry I haven't posted for a while. Our grandkids arrived Thursday evening and stayed until Monday afternoon, while their parents attended a wedding in Vermont. Let me just say that I am exhausted! Between carrying around a big 6 month old and keeping an eye on his very busy 4yo sister, there was not much time for working out.
Thursday I did 2 miles with Jessica Smith.
Friday - nothing
Saturday - Lower Body 1. I started with 5#, but the weights kept slipping, so I switched to 4's, since my 4's have a non-slip coating on them. They still were slipping during the standing section.
Sunday - Cardio Circuit 1. I hate burpees, but I did some of them. I didn't notice Hilary calling them blurpees, but I was probably grumbling about how much I hate them to hear her.
Monday - nothing. I had planned on something after the kids left, but I had a splitting headache.
Tuesday - Stretch Flow was on the rotation, but I did Upper Body 1. I started with 5's, saw they were using 3's and quickly switched to 4's. There were times I wished I had switched to 3's.

My overall impression at this point - these are tougher than I expected, but no dread factor. Hilary seems to end a move right before I yell at her to quit already! Her frequent use of the word "ladies" can actually bug me more than the mom talk. I'm not ready to quit, yet, so that's a good thing!

“The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” -Amelia Earhart
LiliMagill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-16, 07:22 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Lili,
sounds like you had your hands full! Kudos to you for still getting some workouts in!

I ended up doing 30 min yoga and Jessica Smith's YouTube 20 min 'Upper Body Barre', it's quite a bit of cardio as well as involving the legs and abs towards the abs! (Which I can really feel from yesterday's core workout! I'm quite happy about that since I usually don't like working abs! )

Have a good night to everyone!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-16, 07:52 PM  
andtckrtoo

Lili - with that crew, great job at getting in what you did!! I'm sure you needed a rest day after they left.

Val - i love working my core, and that's one reason I love Fe Fit so much. Core 1 gave me sore abs, too. I really get DOMS in my abs.

I have a 7AM meeting on Tuesdays which really interferes with my morning workouts. I did manage to walk to the dogs before it, but was too tired to do anything else. I'm taking today as a rest day. I'm really looking forward to the Leg workout - looks good.
Old 02-10-16, 09:57 AM  
andtckrtoo

Today was Lower Body 1. I used ankle weights instead of attempting to hold a weight crooked in my knee and that worked well. My bum is effectively fried.
Old 02-10-16, 11:34 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
I used ankle weights instead of attempting to hold a weight crooked in my knee and that worked well.
Oh, I like that idea!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-16, 12:01 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!!

I did a 40 minute walk on Saturday and then I didn't workout on Sunday and Monday due to long work hours. Yesterday was Leslie's Walk to the Hits Party Songs and then FeFit's Barre 1 in the evening. Today Cardio Circuit 2 is on tap and I'm not sure I'm up for it but I'll see how the day goes, I have a lot of errands and chores on tap and cardio (outside of walking) isn't my strong suit.

CHRISTINE, when I was doing Barre 1 last night with the weight stuck in my knee I was thinking maybe ankle weights would work better so I will try that next time. Having the weight squeezed in also made my calves cramp up.

VAL, I usually avoid core work like the plague so I'm glad when it's snuck in a workout along with other moves.

LILI, sounds like a lot of fun with the grandkids .

PHYLLIS, which weight workouts are you using lately? I do like to keep up with weights when I can.

Waves to all!! Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-16, 01:10 PM  
PhyllisG

I have been doing some from Cathes new Ice series and LMP and sometimes Tone It Up3.
Today Ellen's Yogini. I love that workout. It is an all time favorite. One of those I would never part with.
But I plan on concentrating on FeFit, Ellen and ICE. I only bought Chiseled UB! To The Mat and the Metablic Total Body so I figure I can substitute them for a FeFit whenever I want.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-16, 05:43 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I just want to stop by and say hi. I haven't given up on Fe Fit, but this week had been rough and generally irritating for me in many ways. So, rather than getting my frustrations out by stepping up my exercise like a reasonable person would do, I chose to stew in anger all week. And I'm not done yet! Grrrr......

Avatar: My soulmate Basil Mycroft. He's 18 years old and still going strong!
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fe fit, hilary chung