Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-02-16, 06:09 PM  
laurajhawk

Hi ladies! I'm doing a Fe Fit rotation too. I'm basing mine on the 4-day-a-week plan but I'm shifting the off days around to suit myself, and on Saturday I am doing the "essentials" workout for whatever genre the plan calls for. Also, I'm planning to switch off and do weeks of other instructors anytime I get tired of Hilary. I'm on week 2 now. Today I did Upper 1 and Stretch Flow 1 (the rotation called for Stretch yesterday, but I wanted to do an hour of yoga instead). I really liked both of those; there was more mommy talk than in the others I've done, but it really isn't very much. I don't have kids so I'm not crazy about the mommy talk, but after the intro (which I'll never watch again) it hasn't bothered me.

Val, I thought 5's for lower body, but in LB1, you use the weights behind your knee for glute and thigh moves, and the 5's fell out! I'm going to use 3's next time I do LB. 3's were plenty for me for UB and TB, but that's good, 'cause I have a shoulder issue but light weights don't seem to bother it.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-16, 06:53 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Hey Laura,
good to see you here!

I like your idea of doing the essentials on the weekend and switching the 4 wk rotation around!
Good point about the 5's falling out, I can see that happen to me! LOL
I hear you about shoulder issues! Some moves aggravate it with heavier weights, too, but for back excis for ex. I like to at least double up the 3's.
Overall I got a good workout with the 3's for sure, so I'm not complaining!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-16, 07:10 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf2Gremlins View Post
Dana,
what #'s did you use? I used 3's but think for LB I might take 5's? (Even though the 3's yesterday seemed to be intense enough! *blush* )

I don't know yet what I'm gonna pick tomorrow... I'm thinking the Barre one.. We'll see!
I mostly used 5# weights but dropped to 3# for couple of arms moves. I have persistent elbow tendonitis (since end of August!) and I don't want to aggravate it any more. It sure is taking its time to heal! I think working on laptop makes it worse. Hopefully, it'll go away shortly.

Hi Laura!

Avatar: My soulmate Basil Mycroft. He's 18 years old and still going strong!
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-16, 08:18 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Sorry to hear about your elbow tendonitis, Dana! That sounds like a p.i.t.a!
I hope it'll heal soon!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

Old 02-03-16, 07:52 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

The group is growing!

Dana, I have been having elbow issues since October. We put down hardwood floors and I'm not sure if it's tennis elbow or tendonitis, but I'm sticking with light weights until it disappears for good. The fact that you have had it since August is NOT encouraging.

I thought I was following the basic 3 day plan, and then realized that I read it wrong. Anyway, today I did Core 1 from Disc 1. At least she only said Mom once in this one, but lots of skinny jeans talk?! I may switch to the 4 day/week plan. I love that they are only 30 minutes.

“The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” -Amelia Earhart
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-16, 08:23 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Lilli, I also did Core 1 today. I thought it was really challenging - full 30 minutes of core workout! I was fooled by the pink packaging and mommy talk, but so far and after only doing 2 workouts - I'm impressed! I'm not really bothered by the skinny jeans or mommy talk because I'm working hard. I am usually able to tune out minor annoyances if I like the workout. I know it's a deal breaker for some, but not for me unless they're really over-the-top.

Since I woke up extra early and feeling good, I also added a 30-min Power Walk off Jessica's Walking for Weight Loss DVD. Planning to do a short yoga this evening from the YogaDownload.com.

Hi everyone!

Avatar: My soulmate Basil Mycroft. He's 18 years old and still going strong!
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-16, 09:19 AM  
PhyllisG

I have been a big FeFit fan since they were first released. I have done a couple of rotations with them in including the Challenge. I actually did get back into my skinny jeans. I really like Hillary and found her to be sincere. There is mommy talk but I ignore it. My kids are adults tho I guess I could apply it to my new grandson.

Since Monday I have done Total Body 1, Core 1 and Stretch 1. I am loosely following their original 3X a week rotation but adding on more stretch and an upper and lower body workout each week. Tomorrow is a rest day but I think I will do Cardio Circuit. I have been avoiding it.

Glad to see the lower price got people to try it.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-16, 09:26 AM  
laurajhawk

Aw, lots of nice VFers in here, hi!! I'm a terrible checker-inner but I'll try to keep it up. I did Barre 1 this morning and it's pretty good. Lots of core and arm work, but I liked the glute sets too. The whole set seems to have a LOT of ab work but I need that so not complaining!

There's more work with the weight behind the knee in this one. I wore long pants, which helped for keeping the weight there, and used the 3 lb weights. I finished with the Chill segment from Sara Ivanhoe's Taste.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-16, 03:48 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Hi everyone! (Phillys, good to see you! )

After doing my morning yoga, I first did some housework for ~1h.. and then I lost my 'mojo' a bit , so I opted to do the short UB part on disk 1.
I plan on doing a full workout tomorrow!

Enjoy the rest of your day, everyone!

Old 02-05-16, 07:19 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Good morning everyone!

I didn't get to check in yesterday, but I did Lower Body 1 and have slight DOMS today! I really liked this one; the 20-15-10-5 ladder was quite intense IMO with doing everything on one side first!

Not sure what I'll do today.. I'll check back in later! *wave*

Tags
fe fit, hilary chung