Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-01-16, 04:49 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Let's get [Fe] Fit together!

The recent Fe Fit thread on GD had me dig out my set again and I'd like to invite anyone who's interested in fitting in some Fe Fit workouts into their week, too!

Since I get quickly bored when I stick to one and only workout system, I might switch things around and fit in some other workouts here and there, but right now I'd like to do 3 weeks of Fe Fit, 3x/week mixed with yoga and rebounding.

I look forward to see some others post here, keep each other encouraged and just share the journey for getting a bit more fit!

Today's workout, Feb 1st:
Total Body (disc 1) and 10 min stretchy yoga.

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-16, 06:24 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi Val!

I'm fairly sure by now that I can't follow a rotation since I struggled through January Barre3 challenge, even though I enjoyed it. I am however planning to do my recently acquired FeFit but probably no more than 3 times per week. I'm not going to follow their schedule, but I think I will take it 1 disk at a time and do 3 workouts off that particular disk during each week. So today, I did Total Body 1 and I quite enjoyed that workout. Below are my impressions of that workout that I posted on the other thread.
_______
This morning I did Total Body1, and it was a surprisingly decent workout particularly for 6am. They touched on everything, but didn't spend too much time on any muscle group. Just good enough for a 30min workout. Quick and to the point. There were 2 different segments of abs (nod to recent moms I think!) and it totally worked for me. I'm not a mom, but I need to work on my abs. Just based on this workout, I'm happy I got this set, especially at that price!

Avatar: My soulmate Basil Mycroft. He's 18 years old and still going strong!
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-16, 07:10 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

LOL Dana,
you sound like me! I think 3 weeks has been my max I was ever able to stick to!

I hope you'll stick around; even if you might not do Fe Fit for too long! At least we can start out this thread with it and we'll go from there! He he!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

Old 02-01-16, 10:18 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I'm surprised that I actually have some mild glutes DOMS after doing this morning's TB1 DVD! Not a bad workout I say....Go figure.

Old 02-01-16, 11:45 PM  
lizh
VF Supporter

Hi Dana and Val and all who follow,

I'll be curious to watch and read how you like this system. I've been very tempted by the 30 minute format! (and the cheap price) ..but not sure I can hack the lead instructor and the dreaded Mom talk.

I can't tell you how many times that other thread sent me back to youtube to look at the clips. LOL!! ...Still tempted! Thanks in advance!
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-16, 07:22 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Dana,
I agree! I can feel a bit too, this morning!

Hi Liz,
I'm with you on the mom talk (though I am a mom of a teen and pre-teen) and wish they would have focused instead of us being fit and strong women... And even though the leader's 'perkiness' is a little on the annoying side, I find the time goes by quick enough to actually overlook that!
[With the warm-up being 2 min and the cool down starting at around 27 (?) min of the workout, it's really over before you know it!]

I've had this set since it came out and didn't do it longer than 2-3 weeks. I never really make it through long rotations with the same system, I get bored too quickly, and I think the trick to not get annoyed with this particular set (re mommy talk etc.) will be for me to actually really mix it up with other workouts! (I have so many other systems that I want to use more!)

So honestly, I'd say, for that price it's a great workout system to have... and if you decide to not like it at all, I'm sure it'll be an easy one to trade (or re-sell).

Old 02-02-16, 08:28 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

I'd like to join in! I just started yesterday with Disc 1 and plan on doing the 3 day/week rotation. I have never made it more than 2.5 weeks through any rotation, so we'll see how it goes. Joining this group may keep me motivated longer?

I try to work out twice a day, so this is perfect for my morning workout. I'm hoping the mom talk doesn't drive me insane. My first impressions from the first workout, I like the pace and I like the counter in the corner.

“The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” -Amelia Earhart
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-16, 12:25 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Hi Lili,
welcome!

It sounds like you're fitting right in with your 'workout rotation short attention span'! LOL
Like I said to Dana, even if you veer off of FF after a while, it's getting us all started here and as long as we're having fun moving, I say it's all good!

Today I did 20 min yoga and I plan on fitting in ~20 min cardio on my rebounder later on.

Old 02-02-16, 04:26 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi Lili and Val and Liz!

I definitely have some DOMS in my glutes today. Nice, from a 30-min Total Body workout. I wonder what lower body workout will be like. Tomorrow morning, I'm doing Core which is a 2nd workout on disk 1.

Today I haven't done anything yet, but I just redeemed my Groupon for YogaDownload.com and I'm thinking about doing the 25min Hip Opening routine that looks really good on preview.

Old 02-02-16, 05:37 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Dana,
what #'s did you use? I used 3's but think for LB I might take 5's? (Even though the 3's yesterday seemed to be intense enough! *blush* )

I don't know yet what I'm gonna pick tomorrow... I'm thinking the Barre one.. We'll see!

Tags
fe fit, hilary chung