Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-17-16, 11:13 AM  
TinierTina

Wink Turtles, it's time to come out of the Closet

This challenge kind of reminds me of a special-interest group on my former blogsite ... it had been geared to the "Turtles" amongst us ..
and, unusual for that kind of group I was talking about the yoga I was regularly doing at home (had been practically my only form of workout at that time); not exercise or running, per se ... but I'd never felt more at home ...

well, hardly do yoga these days (but see below for Yesterday):

20 minutes Intensati "I AM!" Upper Body Blast
25 minutes with Intensati "Victory!" Lower Body Blast
16 minutes Intensati "Love" Core Yoga Meditation

[which is actually a Challenging Hatha Flow that's gotta have (secularized) Tantra Yoga influence. One should not have their minds in the gutter on this one based on popular conceptions of it ... Tantra Yoga is not always about sex and sexuality ... but about how our energy and our knowledge emanates from the godhead and the innate goodness and completeness of man [boiled down in plain-ish language, I hope]

In Intensati, in all segments I am now finding, Patricia Moreno's own version of Susie from Leslie's Just Walk HiiT ... that "Zumba-tronic" aforementioned woman (and I think her name is Natalia) ... Yes, it seems to me (she looks like: not credited as such, tho') to be one and the same—an accomplished and enterprising Ph.D. college professor who is what's known as a Premier Intensati Leader who founded an Intensati-based non-profit in high-risk, deprived New York City schools; which rewrites the "dialogue" on the official party line here of teh dethfatz "childhood obesity crisis" ...

I think this generous outreach to the larger community, if indeed that is the lady and I think it is, is significant to know ...

My only problem is this program on Vimeo costs a lot of money (beyond the free trial) on the rental of all four segments; which is already or will within 1 day (expiring tomorrow shortly after 7 pm), be history unless I pay ... I think she got rid of permanent streamings and practically all her to-disk downloads ... Okay, I'm spilling it: $20 for 48 hours streaming access to all four segments, totaling no more than 1 hr. 40 minutes ... I can get a live workshop even at these prices in NYC for the same amount (NON-student, so them ID-encumbered students pay even less), though in the 5 Rhythms modality (much of the time)

... and unless she ever contracts with Purple Player la Leslie Sansone ... (i.e. Periscope ... whaaaaaat?), [Hey, it's not beyond the realm of possibility: just think—she already has her Susie ... ] I think I stick with the site I know (that still streams on my notebook ... even hulu.com proved itself to not work anymore with the way Win 10 is on this thing ....)

Apologize on making the first impressions' bad call ... on Natalia

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-16, 11:16 AM  
TinierTina

and I want to thank Kitten and Lorelai for their continuing graciousness

... in starting up this thread ...

... it doesn't need to have a "Finish Line" and participants conceived of as "Clydesdales" or "Tortoises" ... for it to need a special place for us ...

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
Old 01-17-16, 01:16 PM  
sherylb

Checking in today:

LS 5 Boosted Miles, yes the whole thing. Whew!!

I teach high school science, not an easy thing these days.
sherylb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-16, 09:27 PM  
gymmom

Me too Sheryl - LS 5 mile fat burning walk - the whole thing. Felt good after sitting most of the day at my daughters cheer competition. Watching my athlete is inspiring. I need to train like she does! They won their division - first win of the season.

Looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow.
gymmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-16, 07:13 AM  
Footballnut

Good morning. Day 1 of the Essentrics Health Challenge is in the books. Oh I really liked that workout. If I had any doubts whatsoever about choosing the beginner rotation before, those are gone. Man have I lost a bunch of strength. Anyway, Mondays are my busiest day at work, so I am off to get ready. Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-18-16, 08:34 AM  
Kitten

Good Morning Ladies
I had a freak accident happen to my foot about 7 years ago. It decided to rear it's ugly head this morning. I can't put *any* weight on it, so I won't be able to do my usual 30 minutes today. I'll search youtube & at least get a 15 minute yoga in a chair workout in.

Tina, you're very welcome. Also, my nickname in elementary school was turtle. All the other kids would run home to change out of their school clothes & play outside. I however, took my time, petting every animal I saw, sniffing every flower, splashing in every puddle. I guess I've always marched to my own beat.

Waves to everyone, you are all doing so well!
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-16, 11:13 AM  
Sollamyn

OK, so it's been 3 days since I last checked in--because I forgot that I joined this check-in! See, a prime example of why I am check-in challenged.

Even though I've been inconsistent with my check-in, I haven't been inconsistent with exercise. I've been sticking to the Walk Strong Challenge rotation. Today was Total Body Training. And since I'm off work today, I am planning to mall walk before going to a movie this afternoon.

Oh, and I've given up trying to check-in on Jessica's site. It is hit or miss. One day I'm 'allowed' to check in, and the next day I'm 'not allowed.' I don't get it and life is too short to mess with it and worry over it. Just let it go....

Donna
Old 01-18-16, 01:49 PM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
Good Morning Ladies
I had a freak accident happen to my foot about 7 years ago. It decided to rear it's ugly head this morning. I can't put *any* weight on it, so I won't be able to do my usual 30 minutes today. I'll search youtube & at least get a 15 minute yoga in a chair workout in.

Tina, you're very welcome. Also, my nickname in elementary school was turtle. All the other kids would run home to change out of their school clothes & play outside. I however, took my time, petting every animal I saw, sniffing every flower, splashing in every puddle. I guess I've always marched to my own beat.

Waves to everyone, you are all doing so well!
+1 on both.

I knew by the time I was 13, that I did not fit in any group, much.
Whether it was social cliques or around activities. Had to find my own way. Disturbed those siblings who were not quite that way, but by then, mostly they'd left the nest (all older)

Well, the exercise pace is a metaphor for other things.

-Bettina

Old 01-18-16, 03:15 PM  
gymmom

Mile dog walk followed by 20 minute turbo jam. I'd forgotten what a good little workout this one can be. I remember discovering TJ way after the hype, and getting good results with it, but then jumping on the turbo fire bandwagon only to quickly burn out. Need to remember my goal of not pushing too hard or too fast seeking results. The turtle does win!

My husband is having a colonoscopy this afternoon. I'm off to hold his hand - happy to have a workout in!
gymmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-16, 07:40 PM  
PennyK

Day 1 of the Essentrics rotation tonight for me, Toning for Beginners-Barre and it felt really good. I'm so happy to be working out again!

It looks like everyone here is doing great!

Kitten, I hope your foot feels better soon.
PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beginner, low key workouts, mirabai holland, restarters