Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-24-14, 10:59 AM  
caitlinpyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie7 View Post
Can you tell us what barre DVDs you do? And maybe a rotation? Thanks.
this should help, from earlier in the thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitlinpyle View Post

My schedule looked like this:
Monday -- longer workout 50-60 min, lower body emphasis, with cardio usually built in
Tuesday -- upper body/core with rebounding 40-60 min throughout the day
Wednesday -- longer workout emphasizing lower body, some cardio built in, could be a total body workout, some rebounding
Thursday -- upper body/core, 30 min or so, and I taught 90 min spinning at night
Friday -- usually something easier like an SBF feel-good cardio, some shorter target workouts or just rebounding
Saturday -- long, total body workout (60+ min) LOVE the Saturday morning sweat!!! and stretching.. rebounding later on while Netflixing ;-)
Sunday -- stretch and rebounding ... sometimes a short abs workout.

I've done a LOT, and I mean a LOT of SBF... I was doing her workouts exclusively since June 7, when I fell in love Before that, I was shuffling through pretty much any barre workout I could get my hands on... Barre3, P57, TBM, PopPhysique, and I started rebounding in mid-May. I've done ALL low impact workouts and have only worn shoes for a handful of them ;-) I've really developed an aversion to shoes!! Haha. Really my focus has shifted to just staying active. My day job is from home, I'm on my butt reading legal transcripts for hours a day, so the more activity the better, and because it is all so gentle I've been able to do a lot of moving... I'm especially grateful for my JS rebounder, wow, how much more activity I've been able to get in when I'd otherwise be sedentary, is amazing. And it feels great.

Barre, Indoor Walking, and Rebounding Lover

Favorites: Suzanne Bowen, Jessica Smith, Ellen Barrett
caitlinpyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-14, 11:06 AM  
caitlinpyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
I completely agree. As wonderful as I think barre is for exercise, I think a lot of it for me is that I grew to enjoy it. I'm def. Addicted! And that craving you get for it keeps you coming back, and that is when you get results--not just pounds and inches lost, but better posture, greater flexibility, more functionality, that lalalala feeling, etc!

We do have to get over that results-in-5-minutes mentality. I did experience some pretty dramatic results my first month doing barre exclusively, but it's consistency over time that counts!

It sounds like despite your desk job you're getting in a lot of movemtn, and that's important, too!
Totally agree, too!! I move through life with more grace, now! I can reach things on high shelves easier because I can releve' up higher than ever, LOL Flexibility and balance have increased a lot, along with my core strength. I still don't "like" c-curve abs but whoa, has that gotten a LOT easier over the last four months. I shouldn't say easier, because the better I've gotten at it the more it burns, but for example my NECK doesn't hurt and my head doesn't feel like it weighs 20 lbs

As someone who used to avoid burning in muscles like the plague, it's been really cool to see the change in myself from hating it to craving it :-D

Old 08-24-14, 02:42 PM  
killoffsonny

Oh yea!! I can definitely tell a difference! All over! Looking good.
Old 08-24-14, 04:06 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Congrats on your success...but I agree that you look great in both both photos.

Glad you are enjoying those secondary benefits of barre...they really are underappreciated in our society that appreciates more that which can be measured numerically.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-14, 04:48 PM  
violingal3

Congrats and keep it up!!!!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-14, 05:12 PM  
caitlinpyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post
Congrats on your success...but I agree that you look great in both both photos.

Glad you are enjoying those secondary benefits of barre...they really are underappreciated in our society that appreciates more that which can be measured numerically.
thank you!! and I agree, I certainly underappreciated those secondary benefits in my "past life"!! I just thought if you weren't doing crossfit or intense HIIT workouts you wouldn't get any results from it!! turns out your body responds when you're nice to it and you build a relationship with it

Old 08-25-14, 07:37 AM  
zellybelly

Caitlin - You look wonderful and good for you finding what works. I too have fallen completely in love with Barre workouts (Ballet Body specifically) and feel I look better now than I ever have. The key to success for me too was being consistent and liking what I do. I did lift but it was more because I was supposed to rather than being in love with it.
Old 08-25-14, 01:46 PM  
caitlinpyle

I've been wanting to try Ballet Body but I've been scared that it is too hard!! Need to get up my nerve.

Old 08-25-14, 01:51 PM  
zellybelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitlinpyle View Post
I've been wanting to try Ballet Body but I've been scared that it is too hard!! Need to get up my nerve.
I love , love , love Ballet Body and the periodization plans! I would encourage you to try Leah's stuff! I'd be happy to answer any questions that you have
Old 08-25-14, 02:43 PM  
caitlinpyle

What are the best downloads? I'm gonna check out the website...

i'm such a junkie!!!!

Tags
barre results, successful weight loss