Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-17-11, 08:45 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthedish View Post
Well, continuing the Ballet Body love - I lost the last 10 pounds doing Ballet Body. So I think it works wonders! My upper body has never looked like this before so I'm pleased with the results. SUPER excited for the DVD set!
Trish - what have you been using for upper body?

I am in the barre ballet body club too. Keep in mind my best results have come from kettlebells - but barre has brought my lower body results to new levels. My backside looks the best it's ever looked. I used to have "speed skater thighs" from weight lifting for my lower body. Since giving it up to kettlebells and barre I have thin, shapely legs. Not overly muscular, but nice definition. I am new to BB, but love P57 and some of the PB. I have a few BM scattered in as well - but really don't do them much.

I was scared of the downloads as well - but if you have an ipad they are the bomb!!! I couldn't be happier. I'm able to do 1 or 2 segments at work during lunch in a conference room.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 08:59 AM  
Ella76

I'm also in the Ballet Body club. I lost 1" off my waist and 1.5" off my hips/lower abdomen in 4 weeks and I'm hoping I'll see even more changes over the next month. I also noticed that while my upper body hasn't changed in terms of measurements I am slowly getting better at all the upper body matwork and plank work Leah does.
Ella76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 11:01 AM  
marissajd

Disclaimer: 99% of my barre workouts are live classes and I’m also keeping an eye on my diet. That said, my results include:

- strength and endurance (I can do big girl pushups, plie lower, plank longer, etc.) Barre classes are the bulk of my workouts, but I’ve been pleasantly surprised that when I do non-barre DVDs and classes, I more than hold my own.
- definition (esp. in my arms, back, and chest. And I have the beginnings of a 4-pack )
- flexibility (I can do the splits for the first time since high school, 15 years ago) and I don't "creak" anymore.
- better posture (I actually get compliments on my posture)
- weight loss (about 10 lbs) and down a clothing size (or two, depending on the brand)
- the mental effects have been huge for me… greater confidence, more calm, improved mood, reduced stress...

The Ballet Body downloads sound awfully tempting (though for me, they'd be a supplement to classes). I'll probably cave at the next promo.
marissajd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 12:06 PM  
shelleyann

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisysunshine View Post
they are going to be a dvd system coming out in August/September.

Jackie - I have them on my computer, harddrive, and dvds backed up. You can pay a subscription or wait for a few months and purchase an archive.
what dvd system is coming out late summer? Ballet Body?

Exercise should enhance your life! It should make you feel good & be fun, not drudgery or a beating.

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive-to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." Marcus Aurelius
shelleyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 12:42 PM  
CarlaVeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleyann View Post
yes i want to know too!

I haven't even gone to ballet body website.... so these are all downloads.... I read they are great for ipads? I have one... how do they work? How long are the workouts? sorry to hijack the thread... this is totally new to me. Thanks.

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 01:05 PM  
Gatorfan76

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleyann View Post
Yup I believe it's a 3-DVD Ballet Body Set- I think 1 is upper body focused, 1 is lower body focused and 1 is abs/core focused.

I read it somewhere and I can't find it

I'm loving these downloads- I have them saved on my laptop and a 64 GB flash drive if I want to do them on someone else's computer.

Eventually I want to burn them on DVD but I'll need help as I am technologically challenged
Old 05-17-11, 01:07 PM  
daisysunshine

Yes - Leah is coming out with 3 dvds (upper, core, lower), and i plan on using it as a system for a while. I LOVE the downloads though. I have them on my computer, and harddrive as a backup, and am in the process of putting them on dvds just in case, just in case, just in case LOL

the average workout is now 20 minutes long (before that it was an avg. of 15 minutes) you can put them on itunes or whatever you can sync your videos and play them like so

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 01:26 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Yes - Leah is coming out with 3 dvds (upper, core, lower)
I didn't realize this was going to be a 3-day split I much prefer doing full-body barre workouts 3-4 times a week. I have read a few times that Leah encourages split routines - anyone knows why? This approach seems at odds with other barre methods.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 01:52 PM  
daisysunshine

Fuzz - i just had to double check what I had asked her. and yeah it's a 3 day split with cardio intervals in between them)

Leah really encourages rest of the muscles - everytime I ask and stuff, she's like even if you work total body - do an emphasis (ie: thighs) rest it and it just works better. It really surprises me too because everyone else is all TOTAL BODY POWER! (she also says only do pretzel once a week. it makes people bottom heavy).

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 02:04 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Fuzz - i just had to double check what I had asked her. and yeah it's a 3 day split with cardio intervals in between them)

Leah really encourages rest of the muscles - everytime I ask and stuff, she's like even if you work total body - do an emphasis (ie: thighs) rest it and it just works better. It really surprises me too because everyone else is all TOTAL BODY POWER! (she also says only do pretzel once a week. it makes people bottom heavy).

Thanks for the info, Daisy! I am curious to see how she will incorporate cardio intervals in the workouts.

Leah certainly promotes a different approach to barre and I wish she would provide more information on her philosophy on her web site (a blog would be great, too). For instance, I can see why she would not want people to do her pretzel segments more than once a week but I don't think it applies to other techniques - she does 20 minutes of pretzel versus 5-10 minutes at the most in other barre workouts.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ballet body, barre, barre results