Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-19, 12:55 AM  
Betty Boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
USPS strikes again! Yesterday I ordered some DVDs from Mary and she shipped them promptly like she usually does. She's located 90 miles north of me and it's a straight, short and predictable route south to my local post office. Not this time. My DVDs were scanned in Pittsburgh distribution center at noon today. PITTSBURGH! WTH? Grrrrr....
This just happened to me for an order I placed over the weekend:

"Your item arrived at our PITTSBURGH PA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER origin facility on July 9, 2019 at 12:54 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination."

I'm in Arkansas and usually Mary's orders dash straight down here. But I noticed when I placed the order that the shipment method is now called "Media Mail." I pulled up a previous order and the shipping method was called "First Class" for the same amount of money.

I'm wondering if that's what caused the trip through Pittsburgh?
Old 07-10-19, 07:31 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
But I noticed when I placed the order that the shipment method is now called "Media Mail." I pulled up a previous order and the shipping method was called "First Class" for the same amount of money.

Mine were shipped First Class as they always have been. Took over a week to finally get the package since it was sitting in PITT for several days. Good luck!
Old 07-10-19, 08:21 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I ordered a table for our office from Amazon Business. I began wondering where the heck it was and reached out. I ordered it four weeks ago - it is expected to be here in two more weeks.

Six. Weeks. For a small, metal folding meeting room table.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-19, 09:00 AM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
.... But I noticed when I placed the order that the shipment method is now called "Media Mail." I pulled up a previous order and the shipping method was called "First Class" for the same amount of money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Mine were shipped First Class as they always have been.....

Mary does use media mail if the package is relatively heavy (multiple dvds) and/or if the items are on deep sale. Given the prices I now encounter when mailing VF trades, I wonder how she doesn't have to use media mail more often.
Old 07-10-19, 10:17 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
Mary does use media mail if the package is relatively heavy (multiple dvds) and/or if the items are on deep sale. Given the prices I now encounter when mailing VF trades, I wonder how she doesn't have to use media mail more often.
I just had couple of DVDs, nothing heavy. Agreed on USPS First Class prices though.
Old 07-10-19, 12:47 PM  
LoveVA

I sent a small package from PA to VA. It went to VA......via Illinois.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-19, 03:32 PM  
Psyche
VF Supporter

I’m in California. I had a package sent to me from EBay that took a detour through Hawaii 😂😂. Maybe I just should have gone to pick it up there!

Sheri
Psyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-19, 12:59 AM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyche View Post
I’m in California. I had a package sent to me from EBay that took a detour through Hawaii 😂😂. Maybe I just should have gone to pick it up there!

Sheri
I like your way of thinking And it would be very reasonable because you could catch a Gilad session and do a little surfing before enjoying a fine umbrella drink
Old 07-11-19, 03:04 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

We moved from the DC area and fabulous mail delivery service to North Carolina to what must be one of the worst post offices in the country. Packages are regularly delivered to the wrong place; sometimes, it's not delivered at all.

I feel like I should apologize to those of you who complained over the years about bad service. I obviously was not nearly sympathetic enough.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-19, 09:41 PM  
old lady

I had to add my experience with Amazon. Tuesday, I got a ding on my phone saying my package had been delivered. I was home and immediately went to the door. . . no package. I checked the tracking on my computer. It said something like "package left with receptionist or at front desk" (that is no longer on Amazon's site; they must have deleted it). The funny thing is there is no front desk at my apartment, just 4 apartments on the first floor and 4 on the second. I think I was the only one home at that time, so it couldn't have been left with a neighbor and Amazon packages are left at doorsteps all the time. Anyway, when I got up the next morning, there was my package. My husband said it arrived after I went to bed. I guess that ding on my phone was meant for someone else's package.
old lady is offline   Reply With Quote