Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-15, 08:21 PM  
bfit

OT: how long do you have to wait for a hair cut appointment?

How long do you generally have to wait between the time you call your hair stylist for an appointment and the actual appointment itself? With the hair stylist I had gone to for over 10 years I could get in the same week, but she retired about a year ago. During the past year I've tried two other stylists, and with both of them I've had to wait about 3 weeks before there's an opening. There are times when I'd like to look nice for a particular event, and I end up going with shaggy hair because I wasn't able to get in for a haircut. I haven't had good luck getting the haircut I want with any of the walk-in places. Is waiting 3 weeks typical these days?
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-15, 08:37 PM  
andtckrtoo

I live in a pretty big metro area. My daughter's friend recommended a trendy place and I called on Wednesday and had a Saturday appointment with a really good stylist. 3 weeks seems a bit much unless you are really picky about day of week.
Old 01-06-15, 08:40 PM  
ncl

If you really like the person doing your hair and you know you need a haircut every so often (as I do with short hair), when scheduling got tight with my lady, I would schedule my next appointment at the end of the current appointment when I was paying, so I know i would not get desperate. 3 weeks is a long time to wait when you need a haircut!
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-15, 09:02 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I book once a month for an entire year. My stylist only works 3 days a week, owns the place and is always booked.

If I have to change, she tries to work me in. Otherwise, it is usually 2-4 weeks.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-15, 09:10 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

I've already scheduled all my appointments with my stylist for 2015. If there's an emergency and I need to switch I can expect a 1-2 week wait.

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-15, 09:18 PM  
sciencelady

I get my hair cut and colored every five weeks - it's scheduled out about four months in advance. If I have to change an appointment it's usually a 1-2 week shift in the appointment time - not a simple process.
sciencelady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-15, 09:32 PM  
kitty12

I schedule my next appointment when I pay for my current one. I usually go every 6 to 7 weeks for a cut and foil. I found if I didn't schedule ahead of time, I would procrastinate and by the time I did go my hair looked awful.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-15, 09:33 PM  
bubbles76

I have naturally thick, curly hair, so I book as far out in advance as I can. I booked out until April, and started making appointments in November. I have to block out 3 hours just to get my hair washed, blow dried, trimmed, and flat ironed. My stylist is just that good; everyone wants to go to her. Generally speaking, I would have to book out at least 4-6 weeks in advance.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-15, 10:45 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

My stylist's standard wait is 1-2 weeks, while my colorist can usually fit me in within three days. The fun is when I'm scheduling the two together (I get a haircut about every third color), and this one's on vacation, then that one's doing out-of-town training.....
Old 01-06-15, 11:21 PM  
kitty12

Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post
My stylist's standard wait is 1-2 weeks, while my colorist can usually fit me in within three days. The fun is when I'm scheduling the two together (I get a haircut about every third color), and this one's on vacation, then that one's doing out-of-town training.....
Wow, didn't think of that - using a different stylist for each. I guess I'm happy that mine does great on both!!
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote