Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-17-13, 03:44 PM  
mrsyancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fagiles View Post
Are there any modifications? I don't really care for Yoga and if no modifications, it's a definite no this dvd.
She doesn't show any modifications or explain any.....at all.....so this would probably be a no if that's an issue for you.....hth
mrsyancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-13, 12:59 PM  
fagiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsyancy View Post
She doesn't show any modifications or explain any.....at all.....so this would probably be a no if that's an issue for you.....hth
Thanks Msyancy, that's exactly what I needed to know. Guess I will be saving a few $ this time around. I like to support Zuzka but unfortunately not this time

Felecia
fagiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-13, 08:59 AM  
mle777

So far I've only done the warm-up, abs, and cool-down portions, but I like those a lot. I've previewed the other sections and I'm anxious to try them. I'm so thankful to have super short practices that I can squeeze in quickly at the end of the day. For me, this was worth every penny

She's started posting (or maybe she's always done this) a workout schedule each week that incorporates both of her dvds and some of her online workouts. If what she posts is what she really does to maintain her figure, then I am very impressed.

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-13, 08:14 AM  
isebelleg44

I like that these are super short, but so far I am not impressed. The warm up was decent, but unfortunately I had a lot of freezing issues. I liked Crescent enough, but I did not like the ab section or the cool down. I'll do the rest, before I reserve final judgement. I loved the Zcut workouts, but the jury is still out on the yoga.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-13, 09:29 AM  
kitty12

Interesting on the freezing issues. I also had them, but figured maybe it was just me. I ended up playing it on my laptop since the DVD player wasn't working really.

I also like the idea of short power yoga sequences, but......I did the warm up and started the first sequence on the DVD. The warm up wasn't really what I think of as a warm up. I mean I am fine with Chaturanga pushups and all, but the warm up should warm up my arms / shoulders first to prepare me for these. It was basically modified slow sun salutation. For the first sequence, I made it through the first portion and then ejected the DVD. For background, I do yoga on a regular basis. If I am doing yoga instructed by someone that is not a 'real yoga instructor' (e.g. Shiva, Travis, Eoin, etc....), I guess ZCUT yoga just didn't have the vibe I was looking for. She instructs the yoga similar to her other workouts. I just didn't feel the love for it. Also, I found it a bit boring, although I know I didn't do much of it. Maybe some of the other sequences are better. Perhaps if you really don't like yoga this may work out for you. I suppose at some time I will try more, but not feeling any hurry.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-13, 09:33 AM  
edensmom

I previewed but haven't tried yet. Honestly I keep forgetting about it because due to the very slim case I don't notice it on my shelf. Out of sight, out of mind.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-13, 04:59 PM  
beatchica

Quick question. I gather the DVD is organized into short chapters/segments. Given this, does the DVD let you create a playlist by selecting the individual chapters so that you can create a longer workout?
beatchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-13, 05:15 PM  
MamaBecca

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatchica View Post
Quick question. I gather the DVD is organized into short chapters/segments. Given this, does the DVD let you create a playlist by selecting the individual chapters so that you can create a longer workout?
No -- you have to go back and choose the next segment if you want to go on. It works for me, because I usually only add one segment on to another workout, so I'm already warmed up. But if you wanted to do the whole thing (or a few), you'd have to keep selecting the next segment.

CLX, TF, Skogg, RKS grad
STS Grad 2012
Les Mills Pump Grad 2013
Les Mills Combat Grad 2013
BeSLAM Grad 2013
Current rotation: Molly Galbraith GGS, Walking
MamaBecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-13, 05:49 PM  
beatchica

Thanks Becky for the clarification!

I am thinking now that it will be OK to go back, as I imagine I will need a pause between segments. I just tried her Yoga workout preview from youtube and thought it was pretty fun and different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm_B5xi9sco
beatchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-13, 12:01 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

I just did it for he first time today and I actually liked it a lot. It is very Zuzka-ish. I assume that a hard core serious yoga fan would not love it, but that's not me anyway. I enjoyed the athleticism of it, the flow of the moves, the challenge and the sweat. Too bad you can't create one longer workout. It is definitely not UY, but if you like other Zuzka's, I can't see how one would not enjoy this.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
zcut, zuzana, zuzuka, zwow