Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-26-20, 02:58 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
raising my hand here - I rarely have to shave these days now that I am post-meno. when I do, I grab the cordless Norelco and give the armpits a once-over.

old spice stick is good and comes in a variety of scents.

I have also used Axe stick, and Degree Black White. the latter has a very mild scent and Costco sells it.
I am noticing this too. I don't know why I didn't connect it to being post menopausal. But I'm very happy about it!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-20, 04:07 PM  
Calistro

I buy mens umbrella's. They seem stronger that the ladies umbrella's in my local Marks & Spencers/M&S.

I love mens jumpers/sweaters, t-shirts and socks for exercise.

sometimes like men's coats.
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-20, 04:43 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
I am noticing this too. I don't know why I didn't connect it to being post menopausal. But I'm very happy about it!

Kim
lol - actually didn't notice it myself until I read a Dr. Oz article somewhere. it's true for the legs too, however I never really noticed since I've had very hairless legs pre-meno.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-20, 04:47 PM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
raising my hand here - I rarely have to shave these days now that I am post-meno. when I do, I grab the cordless Norelco and give the armpits a once-over.

old spice stick is good and comes in a variety of scents.

I have also used Axe stick, and Degree Black White. the latter has a very mild scent and Costco sells it.
Does the razor work on peach fuzz?
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-20, 05:19 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
Does the razor work on peach fuzz?
good question. I've never had a problem with PF - mine, if any, seems to blend in with my skin.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-20, 10:06 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle View Post
Funny thread!! I totally agree about mens clothing. I have some great sweaters, long sleeve T's etc for CHEAP!! I've also worn a light cologne that's for men...the funny thing is I work w/ mostly women and when I wear it I get a lot of compliments!
I have my eyes on some of my 18 year old sons shirts and sweatshirts -- whether he outgrows them or leaves them behind when he goes to college in the fall. When he was younger, he needed hiking boots for some three day thing. Ridiculous. I made sure I liked what he picked out because he wore my size at that time.
Old 02-26-20, 11:46 PM  
fanofladyvols

Men's hunting wool socks

Men's flannel pants...they fit my shape better and have pockets!!

Men's fitness hooded jackets and sweatpants..cheaper because smaller sizes are in clearance and they have pockets!!

Men's fitness shorts..the longer length keeps the booty out of sight...and they have pockets!!

Fun thread

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 12:02 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Men's hunting wool socks

Men's flannel pants...they fit my shape better and have pockets!!

Men's fitness hooded jackets and sweatpants..cheaper because smaller sizes are in clearance and they have pockets!!

Men's fitness shorts..the longer length keeps the booty out of sight...and they have pockets!!

Fun thread
I'm sensing a theme here, Linda. How do you feel about pockets??
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 03:49 AM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Men's flannel robes from LLBean. Also, I wear men's t-shirts to bed (the kind with silly graphics and stuff printed on the front). Always have. But wear women's PJ bottoms to bed though.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 05:45 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I have thought about investing in a handful of men's tank tops just for exercise, I prefer workout wear that is looser than tops that are closer fitting.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deodorants, gender, marketing