Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-20, 10:54 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Today's workout was Strong Body Stacked Sets: Lower. I keep promising myself I'll work in some yoga, but I never do. You would think if I could do yoga every day in the month of January that I could fit it in one or two days a week.

No rain today. Lots of sunshine. But the rain is coming back tomorrow. It was good to have one nice day at least.

Happy anniversary, Paula.

Anita, have fun this weekend.

Laura, I'm glad somebody got lots done today because it sure wasn't me.

My knees bothered me today. Actually, they bother me all the time. Some days are worse than others. Today was one of those days.

It's almost March. Looking forward to spring.

Goodnight, everyone.
Old 02-28-20, 05:14 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!?

Well I'm up at 3:30 - friends are picking me up at 4:15 to go to the airport. Don't know how much I'll be able to check in this weekend.

Laura, I'm flying in to Philadelphia - today I'll be going to a garden (Longwood Island?) and then out to NJ on Long Beach Island. I'll be back in Philly on Monday to see the flower show and fly back out. My best childhood friend is going to the flower show on Saturday - sorry to miss her - she now lives in Washington DC.

Paula, I used to do a mile in about 15-20 minutes, now it's more like a half an hour per mile... sigh.

Dede, I did chair yoga class yesterday - not much movement there, but it does help. The class at the library is taking a break till May - I'll need to find something else to do.

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-20, 08:36 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Happy Friday! I'lll go to the YMCA this morning and work on my website. It was a busy day yesterday and I'm hoping for a quieter day.

Anita - Longwood Gardens. That is a great place to go. They have fabulous gardens and displays. I hope you enjoy it. Get some sleep at some point!

Dede - I"m the same way about stretching. I can't ever seem to get it done even though I did it for a while and thought it was a good thing for me.

Paula - Happy anniversary. Hopefully, you enjoyed the celebration. It's good you are seeing improvements even if they are a little at a time.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-20, 09:03 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening, workout this morning was only my PT routine. We flew to Catalina today and hiked the airport loop trail which is only about 2.5 miles but has ups and downs. I was pleased that I hiked the loop with only a minimum about of pain and aching at the end. I was pretty happy with that.

Deedee, hope your knees were better today. Yes, Spring is coming as if the time change - I always dislike the time change. But it is beginning to feel like Sping here which is always nice. People say California doesn't have seasons but that isn't correct, they are just more subtle, it you live here, the seasonal change is noticable.

Anita, I hope you are able to sleep on the plane. It sounds like a nice get away. We usually hike about a 20 minute mile, slower now that my hip hurts. Not sure what we did today, I didn't time it, I was just happy to get all the way around the loop.

Laura, thank you for the anniversary wishes, we did have a nice day. Hope you had a productive day.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 06:54 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I’m currently at Long Beach Island in NJ. We went to Longwood Gardens yesterday - beautiful! They are celebrating orchids this month - just amazing on the variety and size of their collection and not very crowded! Lots of photos taken. Had a great seafood dinner last night also. Glad to catch some deep sleep.

Happy anniversary, Paula!

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 06:44 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It was a nice day. This morning, I ran several errands, all within 1/2 mile of my house. This afternoon, I worked on getting my blog post on printing in Excel done. It's really long and I still need to finish it. Then, I went to church iwth my parents.

Anita - Longwood Gardens does things so well. I would love to see orchids there. I went several times over the years when I lived in DC. Enjoy seeing the ocean.

Paula - It sounds like a nice day with the trip to Catalina Island.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 09:07 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Day 1 of Pahla B's 30 day challenge for Weight Loss for Women Over 50. After that I did the PT routine.

Anita, sounds like you had a lovely day. Enjoy your time away, my friend. Thanks for the anniversary wishes - 49 years is a long time. Sometimes it feels like yesterday that I was 19 and buying a dress to get married in, other times it feels like forever.

Laura, I ran errands today too. Got the living room dusted and meant to do more cleaning but ended up running errands instead. Also finally got my ballot filled in and mailed off.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 10:14 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Happy Anniversary, Paula, and congratulations on 49 years -- that is quite an accomplishment! Catalina will always hold a special place in my heart. It's a neat place.

Anita, I hope you are enjoying your travels! The orchids sound so cool!

Laura, amazing that you had all those errands so close to your home. You obviously live somewhere very different than I do.

Dede, I hope your knees are feeling better!

I took a rest day yesterday. Today on a whim I did a premix on Cathe's Intensity -- cardio -- some step, some lo hiit.