Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-28-20, 06:25 PM  
pharma_gal

Any 30-40 min full body barre workouts?

I’m getting a little burnt out on traditional weight training and want to try something different for a while. I don’t like Pilates or Power yoga so was thinking of doing some barre workouts which I have enjoyed in the past. I liked P57 and Ballet physique but the workouts are too long for me now. My time is limited to 30-40 mins. Any recommendations? Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-20, 06:27 PM  
laurajhawk

The Pure Barre workouts all claim to be 45 minutes long, but some of them are noticeably shorter - I remember one was 37 min but I don't know which one. You might check Pure Barre reviews or threads to get times.

There's also Exhale Core Fusion - the DVDs are broken into independent 10-minute workouts, so you could easily do 30 or 40 minutes.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 01:27 AM  
Sand

I checked the Barre DVDs I do have and these were the ones that listed the times on the disk.

Barre3 Burner 40 min.
Barre3 Ballet Fit 40 min.
Barre 3 Ballet Boot Camp 30 min +10 min bonus.
Barre 3 Standing Slim 30 min.
Barre3 Total Body Lift Workout 40 min.

Physique 57 Express 30 min
Physique 57 Arm & Ab booster 30 min.
Physique 57 Thigh & Seat booster 30 min.
Physique 57 Advanced Express 30 min.
Physique 57 Physique Cardio Sculpt 30 min.
Physique 57 Cardio Blast 30 min.
Physique 57 360 30 min.

PopPhysique Cardio Butt School 39 min.
Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 09:47 AM  
manleym

All of these fall into the 30-40 minute range. Linda Wooldridge would probably have some too. These are all on my trade list, so let me know if you are interested in any of them.

Barre 3:
Standing Slim - Sadie Lincoln
Barre 3 Burner - Sadie Lincoln
Studio Shape - Sadie Lincoln
Ballet Fit - Candace Ofcacek
Ballet Boot Camp - Candace Ofcacek

Sadie Lincoln Element Barre Conditioning

Tanya Becker Physique 57:
Express 30 Minute Full Body Workout Volume 1
Express 30 Minute Full Body Workout Volume 2

Carrie Rezabek Pure Barre Flatirons 1
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 09:53 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I have been trying out Pure Barre online lately, and they have many 30 and 45 minute workouts (and many more 5-20 minute workouts that could be strung together).

Along with the other recommendations, I think there are premixes on the Squeeze DVDs that are in this time range.

The main workout on BarreAmped Fire, IF I recall correctly, is in the 35 minute range.

The barre portion only of the Booty Barre workouts are in the 35 minute range. It has a lower body focus but also some upper body and abs and gets your heart rate up.

Linda/Barlates has countless barre style workouts many of which are in this range, check her out on youtube.

If you are looking for some cardio along with your barre the Fusion Fitness/Dream Body Sweat Lab workouts are in this range, and so is their Great in 8 program but those are download only. Most of their full length workouts can also easily be split in half into ~30 minute workouts.
Old 02-29-20, 12:15 PM  
pharma_gal

Thank you! Lots of great suggestions. I do have some of Linda’s workouts but hers tend to work on body part splits rather than full body. But I will check what I have. Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 12:44 PM  
manleym

I thought of this Linda workout after I posted. It is total body, which I prefer and is 28 minutes. I've done it several times and really like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K4I0XGfqhg
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 12:45 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

note that most barre workouts tend to be LB and Ab-focused. if you look through past threads, people are always asking for barre work that has good UB routines, and those tend to include moves using light weights, planks, and dips, which are good.

the old Lotte Berk Methods are 30 min. each of the 4 discs also has a 10 minute blast featuring different footage.

Exhale Core Fusions are my favorites - they're in 10-minute bites and chaptered. might possibly be programmable, i think (someone correct me).
Exhale also has 2 compilation DVDs - the 30 day Sculpt and Barre Basics.

Suzanne Bowen has some really good workouts too that are chaptered. Here Barre Amped Bootcamp has 4 separate workouts that could be strung together. Gorgeous Core has 6 short workouts that you could string together to make a longer workout.

contrary to P57, the above are more subdued.

edited to add: Ballet Beautiful is also another to consider for the UB swan arms. her DVDs are 60 min in length, but can be broken down into standing and mat work.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 01:07 PM  
seabliss

Jessica Smith has some fusion and barre workouts on Youtube and also on DVD. A lot of her lower body workouts are barre-based, for example.
Old 02-29-20, 01:24 PM  
prettyinpink

Another idea is to break up workouts.

The Ballet Body Upper Body has two distinct segments (though not chartered), maybe each around 25 minutes. As others have said, BarreAmped DVds are chattered.

When I was doing a lot of Physique 57, I felt like all that c-curve and on the back ab work with every workout was huge overkill. Shorter time with Planks and variations is more effective for me. So cutting out the ab work out of a 60 minute routine made it about 35-40 minutes. I could add planks or just do ab work on another day.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre, barre workouts