Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-20, 02:16 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Christine, there are lots of Ellen's full workouts on youtube that you can try. In my opinion, Ellen's workouts won't kill you but they are sneaky. They LOOK easy but you'll be huffing and puffing after the first 10 minutes. At least I am.
Old 02-28-20, 04:45 PM  
furmomof6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Christine, there are lots of Ellen's full workouts on youtube that you can try. In my opinion, Ellen's workouts won't kill you but they are sneaky. They LOOK easy but you'll be huffing and puffing after the first 10 minutes. At least I am.
Thanks, Dana! I'll take a look and see what's on there. I used to use her DVD's at one point. I don't really want to huff and puff though...

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-20, 04:58 PM  
fanofladyvols

Carol yes some days I have better balance than others. I have even watched Miranda in CS lose her balance. This 3rd week balance workout on yoga retreat Vytas and the advanced girl Faith both lost their balance during a leg extension in tree pose. I was glad to see them leave that in there. I'm going to do it a few more times before I go to the flow part of the week.

Christine thanks for cheering me on. All of you guys are just a wonderful group of gals. I hope you feel me cheering you all in too. Whatever my body allows me to do, I want to love living in it. I hope whatever exercise you are able to do Christine that find something you love doing.

Donna good for you being your own advocate. You needed to be heard. Good for you that your boss responded positively.

Dana I agree that Ellen is sneaky in her workouts, lol. You can't tell just from previewing them how tough they are. I think it makes for a low dread factor, too.

Today was PBS episode CS#1014 "Put a bounce in your step"; Cathe Drill Max Cardio Blast premix.

Hope you all have a wonderful Friday evening!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-20, 05:01 PM  
fanofladyvols

Donna I wanted to add that when I looked at those Jessica rotations I thought they were great but pretty intense. The first walk strong doesn't even include a full rest day.

I would probably have to modify and eliminate one of her circuit type workouts in the middle of the week and give myself a full rest day.

Thanks for sending them to me!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 09:25 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I did a treadmill walk - a rarity for me - I followed a program that Jessica Valent had on her monthly calendar for February - it included some hills and boy, that was a wake up call for me and how much stamina I have lost....I used to be able to do things like that no problem but this time it was a challenge. I think I need to force myself to do a workout like this 2-3X per week to gain back some endurance. Fortunately, I have a lot of treadmill workouts printed out....so I can give this a go....

I may also use my bike more - like Carol, I have a recumbent bike but I don't use it that often either. But, I think the TM and Bike may be the best ways to up the intensity of my workouts w/out adding impact or dreadful things like burpees and mountain climbers.

So....

I also did Jessica Valent's Pilates and Yoga for Cyclists - it was a good one to do after the walk.

Linda - I agree, I would do the Jessica Rotations in a pattern of 2 days on/one day off/active rest/something different.

Christine - not to enable, but some of the workouts on Ellen's streaming site are a bit easier than her DVD workouts of the past - also you could always just do parts of the longer workouts. I find that in her 45 minute workouts - 30 min is generally active/standing and then the last 10-15 min are on the floor so you could always stop when she goes to the floor and then come back to add on the floor work the next day.

And thank you all for the support re: my work situation. I am not one to complain and I really can get along with pretty much anyone, but there was no way......

Hope everyone has a good Saturday!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 09:29 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Friday's workouts were

Dog Walk - 35 minutes;
Pilates Nest - PNMC Full Body Fusion - 10 minutes

I started adding on an Ellen light weight work DVD - Sleek Sculpt Express - but realized about 10 minutes into it, that I was too sore from KCM's weight work to really enjoy Ellen's DVD. It's back to Ellen today.

Christine - Ellen doesn't make me huff and puff, but her workouts do raise my heart rate and make me sweat. I like her stuff a lot, but there is a certain amount of Ellen-speak in them. I'm not much (no, really I'm not at all) into woowoo speak but I can manage to overlook it. I do like the stretched out feeling that I get doing her workouts. Her newer stuff - that's on her streaming site - tends to be on the shorter side 20 to 30 minutes) and thus a little easier I think. If streaming is an option for you at $6 or $7 a month, it might be worth subscribing. Her streaming stuff has really good production values - very similar to her DVD workouts. She also has a workout schedule on the website for each week with a good mix of workouts.

Linda - I agree about Jessica's Walk Strong rotations. I can't do them as written anymore - I need more rest days than she schedules.

Donna - So glad you stood up for yourself and avoided a work nightmare! I remember your issues with that guy. So relieved you are not back in that situation again! I went through some of my Firm workouts and pulled out a few of the shorter ones that focus on weight lifting and I'm going to try to schedule a little bit in during the week. We'll see how it goes.

Dana - Yes, Ellen has the art of sneaky workouts mastered. And she's so pleasant about it.

Waves to Cheri and Brenda!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 05:06 PM  
furmomof6

I took a rest day today. DH and I were busy with house stuff and errands.

Donna and Carol, thanks for the information about Ellen!

Donna, I'm sure I've lost a considerable amount of endurance too over the past few years. I've had to accept my limitations though and be okay with what I can do without making my body feel bad. Maybe you shouldn't force yourself to do anything you don't like, or at least not that many times per week.

Carol, thanks for mentioning Ellen's talk during the workouts. As much as her site is appealing with her workouts and the price, I wouldn't like that.

Linda, thank you! Yes, I certainly feel your cheers!

Waves Dana, Cheri & Brenda!

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
Old 03-01-20, 08:56 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workout was

Ellen Barrett - Grace & Gusto - 45 minutes

This is another DVD that I think I bought back when it came out, but never did it. I enjoyed doing it yesterday, although I modified just a bit - mainly using my barre for balance help occassionally. It was fun! Definitely an elevated heart rate and a little sweaty, but not gasping for air or hurting afterwards. Very little if any Ellen-speak in this one.

Christine - Don't let me discourage you from giving Ellen's streaming a try. I think she has a one week free trial and it is easy to cancel, right from your account.

Waves ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-20, 10:35 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

GHUTV Cardio Power Walk - 20min
ePilates Towel Workout 1 - only the first 10min of 40min class.

Gina B's Bonus 12min Abs workout off her Circuit 2 DVD

I had no problems streaming Chris' workout but my playback kept freezing on ePilates website to the point that I finally had to give up. I've previously noticed that On Sat/Sun mornings around 8-10am I often have freezing problems. I assume a lot of my neighbors are probably up and on their computers. I never have any freezing issues Mon-Fri. I'll try doing ePilates later in the day.

Oh, I also started Ellen's Bikini Body Fast DVD but got bored after warmup and quit. She did this one for Self and I think her later DVDs are superior to this one. Just didn't feel this one.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!
Old 03-01-20, 03:42 PM  
furmomof6

I'm going to start a thread for March

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...40#post2861940