Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-06-18, 12:15 PM  
lorajc

Good Stretch DVD's or Yoga Stretch DVD's?

Hi - I was looking for some good stretching DVD's or yoga stretches (gentle) that are around 1/2 hour long in my collection and the only things I could come up with are Cathe's Stretch DVD, Amy Bento's, Yoga in the Garden of Serenity and the 20" stretch on Kelly Coffey's one DVD.

Does anyone else have some fave's that I am missing? Oh, and there is always the 20" stretch from the Slim Series DVD. It seems like I should have more with the amount of DVDs I have! Oh, and if you can think of good recovery workouts that are in a set that you have.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-18, 12:21 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Not a DVD, but check out DoYogaWithMe website. They have lots of free yoga practices. You can sort by level and length.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-18, 02:30 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

tamilee webb total stretch for beginners (30 & 30 min routines)
madeleine lewis' AM/PM Stretch (30, 30 & 20 min segments)
madeleine lewis' walk fit strength & flexibility workouts (stretch segment is 23 min)
travis eliot has several free yin yoga workouts on youtube as well

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-18, 03:16 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

David Swenson's Just Relax (gentle stretching--not yoga--on Maui, with a terrific guided relaxation. One of my favorite DVDs.)

J. Brown's Yoga DVD (several routines from 7 to 75 minutes long, nothing difficult. His mantra is "gentle is the new advanced". Very nice relaxation with guitar music. I do the 30 minute routine frequently. Simply a wonderful DVD.)

Jane Fonda AM/PM Yoga (several routines to choose from; you can create your own routine with the matrix feature.)

Gentle Yoga with Jane Adams (several routines to choose from)

There are many Jessica Smith stretching routines on YouTube; most are 20-30 minutes.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-18, 03:22 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by eam531 View Post
... J. Brown's Yoga DVD (several routines from 7 to 75 minutes long, nothing difficult. His mantra is "gentle is the new advanced". Very nice relaxation with guitar music. I do the 30 minute routine frequently. Simply a wonderful DVD.)
Couldn't agree more! I did this one quite a lot this summer and found that over time I was able to sit cross legged on the floor much more comfortably.
Old 01-06-18, 06:29 PM  
Tugger31

Gentle Yoga with Jessica Smith

Gentle Yoga with Jane Adams

Karen Voight also has a few yoga and stretching dvds
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-18, 06:30 PM  
DCW

Hi!

My favourite stretch is Essentrics Ultimate Stretch Muscle Relaxation. It works out kinks and you sleep like a baby. The dvd has 2 episode s each is 30 minutes. The dvd also includes 4 short 15 minutes episodes that focus on specific body parts. Some I have earmarked after raking leaves or other activities.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-18, 07:24 PM  
lorajc

Thanks.....I guess I should have also specifically asked for YouTube videos but I always forget about them. Funds are tight so those are good options.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-18, 07:59 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
... and the 20" stretch on Kelly Coffey's one DVD
Which KCM DVD has a stretch workout?
Old 01-06-18, 08:24 PM  
DCW

Esssentrics has several clips on You Tube.

Your local library may have dvds also.

Good luck!!!
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jane adams