Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-18, 10:25 AM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
I do the metabolic ones all the time, as I usually only have 30-45 mins to workout, so I don't do them combined. Both are essentially the same concept, but different moves in each DVD. For both metabolic workouts, the first one is heavier weights, followed by the second workout which is more compound moves and more cardio. They are all I need in 30 mins, and I am always done after.

I love the core ones too, and I usually combine them to do on the weekends since I just don't have a full hour during the week. It's different types of core work that aren't typically in core dvds. There's a lot of mobility and thoracic work in these, and I find my that hips and waist feel much more stretched and relaxed after these.

They are a bit more concentrated than the Longevity and Focus series, and I think they are tougher. I love everything that she puts out though, so I may be biased, but I highly recommend all of them.
Lori would you count the second workout on each DVD as cardio or strength with a little bit of cardio thrown in?
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-18, 10:31 AM  
TinaT

So my question is, is there enough variety in these sets that acquiring the upcoming release will continue to add variety? My only comparison would be Classical Stretch. I don't need to own every series because there are only so many moves within this method.

I would love to hear that I need them all but I'm trying to be practical.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-18, 10:40 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
Lori would you count the second workout on each DVD as cardio or strength with a little bit of cardio thrown in?
For me, I count them as cardio with compound moves thrown in. The second workouts in both metabolic ones really kick my butt, and that's doing them really consistently for a year. They sneak up on you!

The first workouts are heavier weights, with less cardio effect for me. There are a lot of balance and single leg weight work, which is so effective me. I am always sore from these!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-18, 10:43 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
So my question is, is there enough variety in these sets that acquiring the upcoming release will continue to add variety? My only comparison would be Classical Stretch. I don't need to own every series because there are only so many moves within this method.

I would love to hear that I need them all but I'm trying to be practical.
For me, there is enough variety, much more variety than Cathe's latest set, which I find utterly dreadful. I never seem to have dread with any of Tracie's workouts, which is really saying something since I have zero patience and really hate repeating anything.

Although they are the same concept (heavier first, more cardio second), they are different workouts but at about the same intensity. Hopefully that helps!
Old 01-16-18, 01:00 PM  
TinaT

Thanks again Lori ~ I think her Longevity and Focus Series all offer a variety of movements as well. So I'm not surprised to read your take on her latest releases. Gosh, I'm thinking I might REALLY need them for my collection.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-18, 06:19 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
For me, there is enough variety, much more variety than Cathe's latest set, which I find utterly dreadful. I never seem to have dread with any of Tracie's workouts, which is really saying something since I have zero patience and really hate repeating anything.

Although they are the same concept (heavier first, more cardio second), they are different workouts but at about the same intensity. Hopefully that helps!
I don't suppose you've designed a rotation that incorporates Tracie's newer videos? (And would be willing to share)

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-18, 07:44 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
I don't suppose you've designed a rotation that incorporates Tracie's newer videos? (And would be willing to share)

Carol
Hah! My "rotation" consists of whether I have to shower in the morning before work or if I can just use dry shampoo, so sadly, no I don't follow any sort of rotation. I usually just pick something that it either makes me sweat or does not me sweat. As a working mom of teenagers, I just never know how much time I'll have, so I just grab whatever I haven't done most recently that fits the time I have. Sorry about that!
Old 01-16-18, 11:54 PM  
smilingwolf

There are many things I appreciate about Tracie Long's workouts. They have a non-frantic pace. She is calm and controlled. Also, the workouts look deceivingly simple, but they have a little bite to them once you get going. I always feel completely satisfied when I am finished with one. They don't have endless repetitions. They are short and sweet.
smilingwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-18, 07:05 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingwolf View Post
There are many things I appreciate about Tracie Long's workouts. They have a non-frantic pace. She is calm and controlled. Also, the workouts look deceivingly simple, but they have a little bite to them once you get going. I always feel completely satisfied when I am finished with one. They don't have endless repetitions. They are short and sweet.
All of this! Still, I'd like to see some better previews
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-18, 07:09 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Hah! My "rotation" consists of whether I have to shower in the morning before work or if I can just use dry shampoo, so sadly, no I don't follow any sort of rotation. I usually just pick something that it either makes me sweat or does not me sweat. As a working mom of teenagers, I just never know how much time I'll have, so I just grab whatever I haven't done most recently that fits the time I have. Sorry about that!
LOL - thanks! I've decided just to take the Studio Series (for now) and work my way through them, one workout a day. That will be my rotation for now, until I've done all the workouts in the series; after that, I may play with rotations a bit.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tracie long