Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-20-01, 07:05 PM  
Carol L

Here's another thumbs up for Body Blast....I've only done it once, but really liked it. The choreography is fun. I hate strength work; this seemed at a good level for me personally. I'm sure many others would find it too easy, though.

I think I'll use this a lot....I was dripping sweat when I finished!!
Carol L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-01, 10:05 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Complex Choreography?

I got rid of Breakthru Cardio Step because I thought it was one of the most complicated step videos I'd ever tried. I didn't try #2 because of that. How does the choreography in Body Blast compare to the choreography in Cardio Step #1?

I'm tempted to get this video, but not if I have to use an 8" step to get my HR up. My knees and lower back aren't worth the sacrifice!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-01, 11:04 PM  
Merredith

The Breakthru series...

Joni O, I know what you mean about the choreography in Breakthru Cardio Step. Actually, I can't remember whether it was the choreography or the cueing that turned me off. I hated that tape so much that I swore I would never buy another Breakthru video, but now all these positive reviews are making me second guess myself...

Merredith
Merredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-01, 11:29 PM  
Sunshine

Thumbs up Just posted my Review!

Hi everybody!!!

I just completed posting my Review of this tape:

http://mykbtforum.efree2net.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1615

If you want to know what exactly is in it, this is a detailed description...

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-01, 09:13 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Can't Find It Lucy

Can you tell me where to look at the link you posted? All I get is a bunch of posts to a forum. I didn't see a video review. I'd like to read it. Thanks.
Old 12-21-01, 09:24 AM  
Mary W
VF Supporter

Merredith...

Quote:
Originally posted by Merredith
Joni O, I know what you mean about the choreography in Breakthru Cardio Step. Actually, I can't remember whether it was the choreography or the cueing that turned me off. I hated that tape so much that I swore I would never buy another Breakthru video, but now all these positive reviews are making me second guess myself...

Merredith
Actually, the first Cardio Step tape was just messed up in the very beginning. There was some bad editing or something, and it made one of the combos start at a weird place...once you get past that point the video is a lot of fun, IMHO. As a matter of fact, after doing it many times, I got so tired of the oh-so-long breakdowns of the moves. The new Cardio Step II is much better. The moves are broken down, but not adnauseam, and except for the "triple step around the step" I got it all on the second attempt. That one move took me a little longer, but once I figured out she was turning into the step and not away from it, I flew right through it!!!

As for Body Blast, I like that one a lot as well. The choreo is interesting enough, but not too complicated, and the strength work is challenging in a non-traditional way!

I've heard some complaints about the music not being very good, but I have speakers hooked up to my TV, and I think it ROCKS!!
Mary W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-01, 10:25 AM  
lynnem3
VF Supporter

Fun choreography

The choregraphy in Breakthru Body Blast is complex enough to maintain interest, but not as complicated as Christi. Plus, each interval has it's own choregraphy which Tracy and Michelle build from basic steps.

I am low advanced in cardio and get a great workout on a 6" step. To me, one of the negatives of this video is that they are working on an 8" step - just one of my idosyncracies. The only music that I can remember is from the 70's (maybe Rollercoaster and a Stevie Wonder tune?)and I like that kind of music. In fact, I'm getting ready to do Body Blast as soon as I sign off!
Old 12-21-01, 08:40 PM  
Carol L

Joni,

I think the choreography in Body Blast is fairly tricky for a circuit tape. IMHO, not as difficult as BT Step I, though. I really liked the choreography in BT Step I, the music on that tape is just so boring, I don't pull it out very often due to that.

But I like complex choreography. I'm learning BT Step II now, also.
Carol L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-02, 10:38 AM  
Danielle*
VF Supporter

Smile I loved it!

I did Breakthru Body Blast for the first time this morning and I loved it! The cardio sections had really fun choreography and the strength sections were good, too. I plan on using this tape a lot. Thanks again to everyone for their recommendations of this video.

Danielle
Danielle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-02, 11:32 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I did end up getting this video and, well, hated it. I can't remember exactly why now, but the choreography was terribly complex as far as I'm concerned and the strength sections didn't really do much for me either. One of my rules is that, if I think it will take me several times and many rewinds to get the choreography, I don't even try. I don't feel that my workout time is well spent in trying desperately to learn something. That means I stop working out to watch, to rewind, etc. and my HR plummets (if I ever got it up to begin with). I could be spending that time doing another workout "in" my target zone, burning calories, etc., instead of just standing there!