Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-04, 02:02 PM  
doskymom

They are $28.00 at amazon.com and I thought the cheapest price for the whole package through Good Times was $60.00 - $40.00 plus $20.00 shipping and handling...
doskymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-04, 02:29 PM  
RovinUSA
VF Supporter

Thanks so much, Susan, Pam and everyone else who posted helpful, detailed reviews! It is much appreciated. I already have the Gin set with the ramp and 7 DVDs so I will be ordering the Leslie DVDs separately from Amazon. They have excellent customer service, good prices, fast shipping, and also free shipping if it is $25 or over, which this is.

Has anyone done the longest workout, Sculpt and Burn, yet? (I hope I have this right - you can tell GT had a hand in picking these names...) That is the one I am most interested in, though I think I will enjoy them all by the sound of it, particularly Shape and Firm or whatever the second one is called...

Also, I had a question. In your opinion, do you think Leslie's ramping workouts count as a cardio workout even though they have sculpting moves in them, or do they slow down enough for the sculpting segments that they do not give a continuous cardio effect?

Shelley
RovinUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-04, 02:43 PM  
Michele S

To those of you who have tried these:

Do you think a PG person could do these? (I used to do Cathe etc but my 1st trimester really knocked me on my butt. I'm currently doing some Leslie walks but want something *new* for motivation!!! )
Michele S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-04, 04:26 PM  
PamelaP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RovinUSA
Has anyone done the longest workout, Sculpt and Burn, yet? (I hope I have this right - you can tell GT had a hand in picking these names...) That is the one I am most interested in, though I think I will enjoy them all by the sound of it, particularly Shape and Firm or whatever the second one is called...

Also, I had a question. In your opinion, do you think Leslie's ramping workouts count as a cardio workout even though they have sculpting moves in them, or do they slow down enough for the sculpting segments that they do not give a continuous cardio effect?
I'm going to try to do the third one tomorrow. I almost did it today, since I knew Susan had already done Shape & Firm (a/k/a Green -- I can tell already I'm going to end up calling these workouts Blue, Green and Purple instead of their proper names), but didn't really have the extra 10 minutes to spare.

I think these count as cardio workouts as much as any of Leslie's workouts do, especially because of the "brisk" intervals which are a little more challenging than her regular walking. Even though she slows down for some of the toning and ramping segments, I think the faster intervals make up for any cardio effect lost during the slower sections. What a lousy sentence, but hopefully it made some sense.
PamelaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-04, 04:28 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

I'm a little disappointed...

I started to give Sculpt & Burn a run through. My heart rate meter kept beeping so I quit and did the Cardio from Cardio & Weights w/Cathe. I'm thinking I'd like to check out Gin's ramp w/o's. I even wore 1# wrist weights, but no go. I think the ramp has possibilities, but not with Leslie. I may try it again or one of the other dvd's. At least I got the cheap price (the link Rose posted). And I think I can do something with those little blue balls...maybe I can get my older DD (heart condition, has to be careful with exercising) to do these. They may be perfect for her???
Old 10-06-04, 04:35 PM  
PamelaP

Lydia, I don't know if you'll find Gin's ramp workouts any more intense than Leslie's, other than perhaps Cardio Express. I was still using my HRM when I first got Gin's ramp workouts and most of them got me no more than 10-15 minutes in my zone. So...I stopped wearing my HRM, hee hee.
Old 10-06-04, 04:40 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

I love my hr monitor and hate it. When I'm doing cardio, I wear it to let me know when (or if) I'm in that "fat burning zone" or at least giving my cardio system the workout it needs. Otherwise, I wouldn't be so obsessive about it. I love SS, but I don't think it always gets my hr up there all the time. Well, Tone It Up does

I just don't know what I'm to do with all this...a little knowledge...sigh...I'll give them another try, though.
Old 10-06-04, 09:02 PM  
TerriP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele S
To those of you who have tried these:

Do you think a PG person could do these? (I used to do Cathe etc but my 1st trimester really knocked me on my butt. I'm currently doing some Leslie walks but want something *new* for motivation!!! )
I don't have Leslie's workouts yet, but I do have the Gin Ramp workouts and I think they would be fine during pregnancy. They are all pretty low impact.
TerriP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-04, 07:16 AM  
Marianne G
VF Supporter

I'm a little disappointed, too.....

I did Blue and Green yesterday. Green gave me an average HR of 98 and 70 calories burnt and Blue only got me in my zone when I was doing the squats....
I really tried to make my movements "big", so I'm really hoping Purple will be a little tougher.
I did like the Ramp, though. Are any of Gin's dvds significally tougher than the Leslies I've done?
Marianne G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-04, 08:18 AM  
PamelaP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianne G
I did like the Ramp, though. Are any of Gin's dvds significally tougher than the Leslies I've done?
Cardio Express is the only one of Gin's original seven that I think can be considered intermediate level. I hear the same is true of Ramping Up, the workout that's only available on VHS from her web site. I've had that one for about a month but still haven't managed to do it! (I did do Ramping 1-2-3 and that one was low intensity, similar to Ramping Basics but with a "waltz" 3-count throughout the whole workout instead of just the warmup.)

Tags
ramp, ramping, walkblaster