Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-04, 07:28 PM  
doskymom

What's with the Fuller Brush false eyelashes in Super Cardio? I never realized anyone put that much eye makeup on and big false eyelashes to work out in...(I normally don't myself...)
doskymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-04, 07:45 PM  
Susan

Quote:
Originally Posted by doskymom
I never realized anyone put that much eye makeup on and big false eyelashes to work out in...(I normally don't myself...)
You DON'T??? I'm calling the Alexis Vogel Makeup Police and sending them to your house to conduct a complete investigation!

Prepare to be cellmates with Martha Stewart! (I hate to do this, but you must be stopped.)

Oops, sorry. Clearly, I've been watching way too many infomercials this weekend, while I've been searching in vain for the new Leslie ramp one.

Susan
Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-04, 07:46 PM  
doskymom

Okay, Susan, I don't want you mad at me - but could I at least buy lashes that are a little less "full" - I'm afraid I won't be able to keep my eyes open to see the t.v. screen otherwise...
Old 09-12-04, 07:52 PM  
Susan

Ok, in the interest of safety, I'll let you go with just a warning this time.

Susan
Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-04, 07:57 PM  
Catgirl
VF Supporter

Susan, you'd better be nice to the person who created walking as exercise

Current avatar: Rex, my 14-year old...and my master.
Catgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-04, 07:59 PM  
doskymom

Thank you, Beth. I don't always get the respect I deserve (sniff)..
Old 09-12-04, 08:24 PM  
TallMomof2
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcjasp
The Celtic one???? Does it feature Celtic music???? Oh I so love Celtic music and am so tempted! Just ordered Leslie's batch...couldn't resist the price considering what it will go for eventually! Now I'll have to go checking out a Celtic workout? BY Gin Miller???? Hmmm............
I wouldn't call it celtic music but it has a celtic feel. I did this one yesterday and it was fun.
Old 09-21-04, 09:13 AM  
horsemom2

Ramping 1-2-3 and Ramping Up

I recently ordered and received these two Gin Miller workouts that aren't available on dvd or through the ramp packages. I believe that decision was made because these workouts are more intense and complicated to follow and the original ramp packages were targeted for folks who could be new to exercise.
Ramping 1-2-3 (about 32 minutes in length) is supposed to be the less intense of the two but drove my HR pretty high about midway through and kept it there for a good 15 minutes or more (I was wearing my one pound weighted gloves and had my ramp on its high setting). The routine actually got so tricky and intense, I couldn't keep up which shocked me!
It will definitely be used more often than the previous ramp workouts because it has now created a challenge that I want to overcome

Barb S
who hopes to do Ramping Up tomorrow if I don't have intense lower body DOMS
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-04, 09:35 AM  
doskymom

Well, I hope you're wrong, Barb, because if she didn't release Ramping 1-2-3 and Ramping Up because they are too intense and complicated, then what does that mean for the the new ramp workouts she's supposed to be coming out with? I had hopes that they would be more intense, but maybe not if she hesitated to release these two because they are too intense. It doesn't really make sense to me, though, as there have been a lot of complaints that the original workouts were not intense enough. I would have thought Gin would have jumped on that and promoted Ramping 1-2-3 and Ramping Up as a more intense alternative for those who thought the original workouts were too easy.
Old 09-21-04, 11:33 AM  
RovinUSA
VF Supporter

Thanks, Barb, for posting about Ramping 123. I am really debating whether to get these. My favorite of the deluxe set are Express Cardio and Super Sculpting, which I often combine. These two feel more intense than the others in the kit. How would you compare Ramping 123 and Ramp Up to these? Are they more intense? And how would you rate the choreography - is it complicated or dancy? I want more intense workouts, but I need simple moves lol! Also, I was wondering how long Ramp Up is?

Thanks,

Shelley
RovinUSA is offline   Reply With Quote