Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-04, 05:40 PM  
Mollie F.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose031
Also remember, any publicity is good publicity. How many of us have seen these threads and went to her site to check it out? Some may have seen pictures or what have you and left, but I know she's sold some workouts and maybe gotten some fans from people wondering what all the fuss is about. It's when they stop talking about you that you have to worry. Ask almost any former child star.
And think what this thread has done for IFA! They've probably certified more nutritionists and trainers today than they usually do in a week .
Old 09-20-04, 05:45 PM  
lissalaurel76

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipsqueak3211
I'm pretty disgusted myself over these certifications. I was on my way out the door when I posted this morning and didn't have time to check them out. I'm glad some VFers did. I was surprised she used IFA since she used to have ACE certification. I feel she purposely misled people and is now trying to cover it up. Hopefully, she'll take the time to get some real certifications.

BTW I am now a certified Sports Nutritionist. With my newly vested powers, I proclaim jelly bellies a new food group. In fact, since Jelly Bellies come in fruit flavors like pear I mandate everyone eat at least 3 servings a day to complete their fruit intake requirement. Elisabeth
I shall go right out and get some jelly belly jelly beans.

Really, to comment on her form, one of the clips shows Wendilee doing one legged squats. I was so surprised she didn't fall on her behind. Her knee looked like it could give out at any second, since she wasn't sitting in the squat at all. She was pushing her knee out over her toe and leaning forward. OH OUCH !

She is too uninformed to do her own exercising correctly, let alone teach others to do it. Her getting these sorry excuse IFA credentials is just her being too lazy to do it right.

Off to get some jelly beans ! OH ! And Elisabeth, popcorn is good for you, right ? (really, it is. Its a grain.) So, Jelly Bellies come in popcorn flavor. I'll be sure to get some of those to add to my grain servings for the day. Tee hee.
Old 09-20-04, 05:46 PM  
Debbie M

Lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollie F.
And think what this thread has done for IFA! They've probably certified more nutritionists and trainers today than they usually do in a week .
And probably broke their record for the most certified nutritionists and trainers that will never pay for their certificates ...LOL.

Deb
Old 09-20-04, 06:12 PM  
RovinUSA
VF Supporter

I am now certified in personal training, step, and kickbox (which is funny since there aren't even any questions on kickboxing in the quiz...) I didn't read the book, and I still got 81% by just quickly answering the questions.

Sheesh! That is scary! I had no idea...

Shelley
Old 09-20-04, 06:17 PM  
Stephanie_B

Whoops sorry

Joyce is certified by ISSA.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 09-20-04, 06:18 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S.
I am not sure that all VFers agreed that certification is not important, just that it does not necessaryly mean that you are good at what you do. Is this not true of many professions? I sure know a few PhD's in my profession (chemistry) that cannot make a 10% solution of sugar!

This is a big deal in what I do, software training. There are people who can't teach their way out of a wet paper bag who have certifications out the wazoo! I get rather irritable when people tell me I need certifications...

That has nothing to do with topic. Just thought I'd share...
OK, Laura, I'm guessing here: is it 10g of sugar in 100g or ml H20?

(Ooooh, I'm hoping I'm right, seeing as how I'm a PHARMACIST! But what I really want is that online Laura S. CHEMIST certification that permits me to... cure cancer? Build bombs?) yuk yuk
Old 09-20-04, 06:20 PM  
Stephanie_B

Lmbo!

Ok so now when someone posts a thread "certified instructors question?" EVERYONE can chime in

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 09-20-04, 06:39 PM  
Annie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie M
Since Wendilee clearly announced that she was recertified, I am wondering if she ever was certified by ACE. PT alone without group Fitness, Kickboxing, Sports Nutrition, Step Training etc. is a exam you have to study for with ACE.
It was supervised, timed, etc. and while not deathly, was not a joke like the questions on that online test.

Hmmm....

Deb
She was never ACE certified. There was a certification she was going for other than IFA (sorry, can't remember which one), but she did not complete it. I just got this info off her website. She has published a "Wendilee Timeline" which is basically her biography. Let me see if I can post a link:

http://bodybfit.mywowbb.com/forum23/1309.html

You probably will have to be registered at BBF to read it.

I also spent a fair amount of time viewing her streams. If you go into the Streams forum, there are a lot more there than what appear on the general web site. It appears the quality is improving tremendously. I like some of her concepts, but I don't think I'm ready to purchase anything from her. I had a bad experience with her when she started out selling on ebay. Judging from the many, many posts on her site asking "where is my order," these issues still exist. However, if I see any listed on ebay by OTHER people, I might bite.
Old 09-20-04, 06:51 PM  
pipsqueak3211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie S.
She was never ACE certified. There was a certification she was going for other than IFA (sorry, can't remember which one), but she did not complete it. I just got this info off her website. She has published a "Wendilee Timeline" which is basically her biography. Let me see if I can post a link:

http://bodybfit.mywowbb.com/forum23/1309.html

I read it. I clearly remember her stating she was sitting in February for her RE-certification of ACE personal training. Now that it's clear that not's true, I'm more than a little irked. Certification isn't the only criteria for me when deciding whether or not to buy videos but based on that timeline, I'm inclined to believe she is not as qualified as she has made herself out to be.

I have mixed feelings about this. I work at a YWCA. A lot of our trainers are NDEITA certified which is not a tough certification to get. However, a lot of the NDEITA trainers are really good. I've actually used them and have been quite impressed. On the other hand, some of our trainers are ACE certified and some of the form they have demonstrated to clients has made me cringe. For example, an ACE trainer demonstrated to a client a skull crusher with the elbows way out to the side. I've also seen a lot of ACE trainers develop routines for clients that leave me scratching my head. I'm not sure what makes a good trainer but knowledge is imperative and I don't think certification is the only way to get it or to prove one has it. Elisabeth
Old 09-20-04, 07:02 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnP
OK, Laura, I'm guessing here: is it 10g of sugar in 100g or ml H20?

(Ooooh, I'm hoping I'm right, seeing as how I'm a PHARMACIST! But what I really want is that online Laura S. CHEMIST certification that permits me to... cure cancer? Build bombs?) yuk yuk

Dawn - Well, if either of us ever decides on a career change, we have something to look into! So, I don't need certifications to prove I can do what I do, but I might need it for what I don't know? Sounds about right!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Closed Thread