Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-18, 01:52 AM  
topfitmama

Sleek Technique 2 week free trial (NO CC!!!)

Hi everyone,

Sleek Technique now offers a 2-week free trial of their streaming workouts. I signed up and I'm receiving daily workouts in my inbox. Nice! You don't have to give them any extra information, just your email address.

http://www.sleektechnique.com/
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-18, 05:18 AM  
topfitmama

Update: I'm on day 4 and I've already received my emails of days 5 and 6. Every email includes 1-2 different workouts for me to do that day. Yesterday I tried "Ballerina back and arms" and I loved it!

At the end of the trial I want to suggest that they sell their workouts as downloads. I love their style but there's no way I can justify paying 30 pounds a month for a membership. Yes, you can "buy" the individual workouts, but they are only yours to use for 90 days.
Old 01-15-18, 10:30 AM  
starbelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfitmama View Post
Update: I'm on day 4 and I've already received my emails of days 5 and 6. Every email includes 1-2 different workouts for me to do that day. Yesterday I tried "Ballerina back and arms" and I loved it!

At the end of the trial I want to suggest that they sell their workouts as downloads. I love their style but there's no way I can justify paying 30 pounds a month for a membership. Yes, you can "buy" the individual workouts, but they are only yours to use for 90 days.
How long are most workouts? I have the box set of DVDs but would prefer workouts that are 30-45 minutes. Do you get access to everything or only what they send to you?

The streaming pricing model really confounds me; how can one service justify a cost of 30GBP (~ 41USD/€34)? The website says that the library has 50+ workouts, but most are targets/add-ons. And how can a purchase mean that you have it for only 90 days? Ballet Beautiful is also expensive, but once you buy something you can stream it for an unlimited time.

I apologize for the rant, but it irks me when companies label a rental as a purchase and charge excessive prices (most were 10GBP).
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-18, 02:19 PM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbelly View Post
How long are most workouts? Do you get access to everything or only what they send to you?
The workouts are mostly 20 minutes, which suits me fine. I don't usually have the time, or the energy these days, to do more than 20-30 minutes of exercise.
You have access to the workouts they send you.

Quote:
The streaming pricing model really confounds me; how can one service justify a cost of 30GBP (~ 41USD/€34)? The website says that the library has 50+ workouts, but most are targets/add-ons. And how can a purchase mean that you have it for only 90 days? Ballet Beautiful is also expensive, but once you buy something you can stream it for an unlimited time.
Oh yes, it is expensive! The monthly price hasn't changed but rentals used to be for 30 days!!

Quote:
I apologize for the rant, but it irks me when companies label a rental as a purchase and charge excessive prices (most were 10GBP).
I agree. If it's a rental, label it as such!
Old 01-15-18, 02:42 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Quote:

Thank you so much for posting about the free 2 weeks at Sleek. I did Day 3 today - Upper Body Beauty - and it was perfect! I love the combination of toning and dance moves. I also really like how the workouts have a nice cardio element but still stay very true to ballet.

Has anyone taken one of their live classes?

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-18, 10:50 AM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL View Post
Thank you so much for posting about the free 2 weeks at Sleek. I did Day 3 today - Upper Body Beauty - and it was perfect! I love the combination of toning and dance moves. I also really like how the workouts have a nice cardio element but still stay very true to ballet.

Has anyone taken one of their live classes?
These are the only workouts that make me feel like I'm dancing while I'm working out. They do enough reps to work the muscles well, but the sequencing makes it all feel like a dance.

I haven't taken a live class, but they have offered live class recordings on their facebook and they did look good.
Old 01-16-18, 06:16 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Quote:
These are the only workouts that make me feel like I'm dancing while I'm working out. They do enough reps to work the muscles well, but the sequencing makes it all feel like a dance.

I haven't taken a live class, but they have offered live class recordings on their facebook and they did look good.
I feel the same! And I love how Flik and Vicky call us "ladies".

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-18, 10:10 AM  
desertMermaid

I am on day 6 of my free trial and am loving it. I wish I had unlimited access to the library for the free trial period, but I can't complain! I am really enjoying these samples. I just completed a 2 week PVolve trial and while I found the method effective, I also found it boring. And find $30 too rich for my taste.

I've been a fan of sleek technique for years, but have only done their Sweaty Betty workouts, 3 DVDs, and the random released video. I've never used their streaming or bought/rented videos. Sleek is 30GBP ~ $40 a month, but part of me is willing to maybe sign on for a month when I hit a slump and need some fun, motivating fitness. Maybe in the summer when it's too hot to go out.

Anyway, thanks for letting us know about this awesome offer.
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sleek technique