Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-19, 09:46 AM  
Lannette

Need Your Bellicon Bungee and Mat Opinions

I’m replacing my Bellicon Bungees for Christmas. I was also looking at their padded mat.

If you have a Bellicon do you prefer softer or more firm Bungees and why? What kind of WOs do you do on your Bellicon? Does your Bungee strength support those WOs and how?

If you have the newer cushioned mat, how do you like it?
Does it extend to the edge of the Bellicon? It doesn’t look any bigger than the original mats.

Anyone considering this new mat? Why? Why not?

They haven’t had a sale on accessories forever. I’m kind of holding off on purchasing until Black Friday just in case the do have a sale. I’m going to email and ask about it.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-19, 10:46 AM  
BunnyHop

A few years ago I decided to get firmer bungees, but wound up disliking them.

Next time I got new bungees I went back down to a slightly softer bounce.

They've changed the way they describe the strengths, and I'm not sure how mine compare any more.
Old 11-16-19, 11:21 AM  
Lannette

Anna - That’s actually helpful because I’m considering going with heavier bungees. What are your favorite rebounding workouts.

NOTE:Sorry this is listed as a new release. I’m not sure how that happened but I can’t change it.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 11-16-19, 12:27 PM  
geojill

For reference, I weigh 135. I have a 49" Bellicon with strong bungees. I reached out to them before I ordered (six or so years ago now) because I didn't know if I wanted strong or x-strong. They built it with one set of bungees and sent along another as well as a return label for whichever bungees I didn't like. I love that they did that. I prefer the slightly softer bounce as it just feels good to my nervous system. I still move at a decent pace, but don't need to do quick stuff on my rebounder. If there is something I am doing that calls for faster moves, I just happen to move slightly slower and I'm okay with that. It feels good on my joints and my body as a whole.

I have always used Virtual Active videos with my Bellicon, and listened to my own music. I like the feeling like I am jogging on a trail somewhere different. However, recently I have discovered https://bouncesociety.vhx.tv/ and I REALLY like it. It's essentially a rebounding class in streaming format. It is exactly what I was looking for as I don't care for Bellicon's streaming classes (I find them boring). Right now I can only manage a 30 minute level 1 class, and sometimes I still have to do a health bounce to catch my breath. What's nice is when I do that, I don't feel like I am not able to keep up with the workout...and each time I do the workout, I can do more. I think I will be a cardiovascular super human by the time I reach the hour long workouts .

I have the black mat with blue stripe and green and blue bungees. I think that next time I will get rainbow bungees. I doubt I will upgrade the mat, but if I got a different Bellicon (which I don't see happening because I have a small house), I would get the next size down with the new mat. But I am fine with what I have.
Old 11-16-19, 03:51 PM  
Lannette

Thank you Jill that was really helpful. I appreciate the time you took. That looks like an interesting streaming site but a little pricier than I like to pay. I don’t think I’d use it enough to make it worth the $$$.

Old 11-17-19, 05:29 PM  
cyana

I have a 49" Bellicon with Strong and Extra-Strong bungees. I subscribed to the Bellicon Home streaming service for a couple of years and didn't have problems doing the work-outs (the slower or faster paced ones) using either set of bungees. I was ready to order the Ultras when I initially purchased my rebounder, and customer service strongly discouraged me from doing so. I'm really happy I didn't go that route, as I think the bounce would've been far too firm. These days I either put my own music on and do my own thing or will do a health bounce while watching a TEDx video. Sometimes I'll put the rebounder off to the side of my work-out space and do an AWT video and hop on the rebounder to do the cardio portions.

My mat is fine, so I couldn't justify ordering the new mat and wouldn't consider it unless mine starts wearing out. I lie down on my Bellicon regularly, and would just tuck a towel or smaller pillow under my head if I was uncomfortable.

I found the Bellicon people to be extremely helpful on assessing which bungees to order and wouldn't hesitate to ask them for their recommendations.

Jill - please post if you see any sales on the Bounce Society site.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-19, 07:19 PM  
geojill

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyana View Post
I found the Bellicon people to be extremely helpful on assessing which bungees to order and wouldn't hesitate to ask them for their recommendations.

Jill - please post if you see any sales on the Bounce Society site.
I agree 100% with the comment about the Bellicon folks and their bungee recommendation. They have excellent customer service.

And I will be sure to post if Bounce Society has sales on streaming!
Old 11-18-19, 05:15 AM  
Lannette

Thanks again for the recommendations. I actually already spoke with Bellicon and they recommend I stick with our current Strong bungees. That what I’ll probably do now that I’ve read all your thoughts.

I wasn’t given the choice of trying two different bungee strengths when I originally ordered so I have no idea much softer the next step down or up would be. There customer service is good but honestly hasn’t had that extra accommodating feel the last couple times I contacted them. Maybe it’s a matter of who you talk to.

Tags
bellicon, bellicon bungees, bellicon cords, bellicon mat, bungees