Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-10-10, 12:14 AM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

Stephanie Vitorino - makeup free day on ExerciseTV

ExerciseTV has an interesting feature "Makeup-free Monday Challenge" where every Monday they have a fitness celebrity post a video where they discuss some health or fitness feature/product/trend - all filmed without any makeup.

Stephanie Vitorino is being featured every Monday for the month of August.

So Stephanie Vitorino's latest video is posted and she is lovely without makeup.

Interesting concept, isn't it?

I remember Glamour magazine's beauty editor posting an article about working an entire week sans makeup for a news article. When she flew to a vendor meeting many of the other staff members tried to talk her into at least applying lipstick to "brighten up her face." She described it as being very difficult to complete the challenge.
Old 08-10-10, 12:17 AM  
muddjeansgal

She looks great without it.
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-10, 06:59 AM  
beatchica

Stephanie Vitorino is fast becoming one of my favorite instructors as she seems very real in her fitness training and endeavors.
beatchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-10, 08:08 AM  
goldillocks

Stephanie Vitorino looks great without makeup. You can tell that a woman is really beautifull when she looks great without any make up on.
goldillocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-10, 08:10 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

It's an interesting concept but I'm not sure I get it. I wear very little makeup myself, and not that often, so it isn't a big deal for me. And as far as videos are concerned, I'm sure Stephanie and the rest will all be wearing professional makeup (for a variety of reasons) when they're taping their workouts, so... ?
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-10, 08:16 AM  
suegy3

So what? Ok, so some women look better without makeup than others. Seriously...who cares? And why are women still judged on this crap?
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-10, 01:41 PM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by suegy3 View Post
So what? Ok, so some women look better without makeup than others. Seriously...who cares? And why are women still judged on this crap?
I agree. Much ado about nothing. Wear makeup or don't. Get your hair cut or don't. I am pro-choice when it comes to women's bodies.
Old 08-10-10, 04:04 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

I might be weird, but I think that just about everyone I have seen without makeup looks better--without the makeup. I want to say they look younger or maybe just more natural, I don't know.

I don't wear makeup myself, because it takes too much time, I don't like wearing crud on my face, & I never could get the technique. I definitely look better without makeup than with my amatuerish attempt at putting it on.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-10, 04:11 PM  
red1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer P. View Post
I might be weird, but I think that just about everyone I have seen without makeup looks better--without the makeup. I want to say they look younger or maybe just more natural, I don't know.

I am just the opposite, I think everyone looks better with makeup. That said, it's none of my business who wears it and who doesn't, I'm only concerned about my own face!
Old 08-10-10, 05:11 PM  
Buzzer

I think everyone looks better when they feel better, and some people feel better with makeup on, some don't.
I like the FitTV no makeup stuff, just because it lets us know they are human too! TV is different than real life, the lights can make you look flat or washed out, or bring out your flaws. In real life, many of the workout women we know may not wear make up in real life and look just fine.
I like the trend... like the Dove commercial where it shows the model before, then her getting made up/hair done in fast forward, then she's all glamourous afterwards. Or the star magazines "catching" stars without make up, hair or professional stylists.
I like it when we can see they don't all look like Cindy Crawford when she wakes up
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
stephanie vitorino