Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-24, 04:19 PM  
donnamp

I think that is what I will do as well, Pat...get used to the new forum, but I still love VF most of all.
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-24, 08:07 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

It’s snowing steadily right now. Today is an off day from Cyberpump. I was thinking of walking on the treadmill but I’ve decided to wash my bathroom and clean our bedroom before getting outside and doing the first snow blower pass.

Last night we did an 18 minute after dinner walk – we cut it short as we were being pelted by icy snow! I kind of made DH walk with me to reinforce wanting to get out of dodge! My plan is working!!! (inject a sinister laugh!)

Steps: 13,874

Today’s workout:
  • Day 11 of Ab Challenge
  • Most likely a Shovel Max workout!

Summer Breeze: I’m sorry for your friend’s loss.

LOL – thanks for the PM – the poop was just that – all poop!!! Just nonsense. How sad of a life must some people have when all they want to do is stir the pot.

Pat: Thank you for the hug!

I’m definitely going to Roost – drama-free (fingers crossed). I will stay at VF until the bitter end but I should probably start posting on Roost. I’ve already gotten a PM from someone involved in the “drama” so it works pretty well!

Looks like you’re getting back to your workouts. Glad you are feeling better – and Donna too!

It looks to be about 5 or 6 inches now but still coming down. I won’t know until we get outside to start clearing. I just keep telling myself only this and one more winter to go. Finally, finally DH has had enough!

Waves to Donna and Beth! See you all tomorrow!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-24, 10:48 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

FitbyMik - 20 Min. Standing Full Body w/Dumbbells

Another good one. For some reason I signed up for KCM's RAW streaming. LOL.
I have so many of her dvds but I thought sometimes it's just easier to not mess with all that. We shall see. I'm very tech challenged. I know how to connect my laptop to the tv with the hdmi cable but I'm wondering if there's a way to just access the streaming directly through the tv. See how low tech I am? It's embarrassing.

PAT, yes I'm signed up for both of the forums but I think I'll stick with VF Roost.
Yes we'll meet up there when the time comes. Thank you for your condolences.
We got maybe 3 or 4 inches here. It's still snowing a little but I don't think it will accumulate any more. I'll be out there shovelling soon.

DIANE, good luck with your snow removal.
I'm a little jealous of your planned move out west, I'm not gonna lie. LOL

BETH, hope you're feeling better each day.
How do you access KCM's streaming? I need a little tech help.

DONNA, I'm signed up at Roost but I'm sticking here til the end like the rest of you.
I'm dipping my toe in over there though.

Have a great day everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-24, 12:40 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday:

~ Kathy Smith Ageless Staying Strong - legs workout
~ Sadhana Day 6 - Ally Boothroyd's Grounding Yoga Nidra
~ Kassandra's Evening Yoga Day 3 - Stretches Before Bed + evening affirmations
~ 4,959 steps

Our big storm turned out as I predicted - a little snow on the grass and slush on the pavements. They made one pass with the plows in the night. I was just going out to clear my car before the slush freezes but a mix of snow and rain began again.

I was saddened to learn that VF'er SharonNYC passed away. Sharon was a friend to me and many other VF'ers, always a sane voice in the madness. She supported me during a time in the early 2000s when I was the target of some "Mean VF'ers" back in the day. She was very active in our own little yoga community and shared her knowledge with many.

Summer Breeze, you got a pretty good amount - good luck clearing out. What a PITA! I hope you can figure out the streaming. If Kelly has a standalone app you can search for it on your Roku or Firestick or however you connect to streaming - that would be ideal. In some cases where there isn't a dedicated streaming channel, from the video on your phone or laptop you might find a little icon that when you click it, it will connect with your TV.

Diane - bah, I see you got a lot of snow to contend with.

Waves to Donna and Beth!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-24, 01:33 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Our snowstorm was a bust as well - not complaining about that!

Since I didn't want to go out and walk my doggie in the mess (rain, sleet) I added on some short workouts from Improved Health yesterday afternoon:

15 Min Legs & Glutes Cardio Walk
15 Min 1 Mile Walk
Trifecta Pilates - Stretch Ease

Both of these were nice to do for a mid-afternoon boost.

Today, I stuck with the theme so to speak and did:

Improved Health - 15 Min Mood Boost Walk
Improved Health - 10 Min Dance Walk

Both of these were fun!

I added on: Jessica Valant - Pilates for All Ages - I felt like I needed a body reset of sorts and Jessica's Pilates usually hits the areas I need to hit.

Pat - I saw about Sharon - I didn't know her personally but always sad to hear. It was nice that she helped you through a rough patch.

Speaking of rough patches, I now feel totally stupid for defending Karla in the WWWendy post - apparently she is over at the Roost making a fuss over there. I was giving her the benefit of the doubt in the Wendy post, but apparently she doesn't know when to just quit and leave it alone. I had joined her site as well, but I think I'm going to stay off it and just move over to VF Roost when/if VF disappears. Sheesh.

Summer Breeze - I am hopeless with a lot of that tech stuff. Although I find that I can learn how to do stuff by googling it and trying to follow the directions.

Diane - I hope you don't have to shovel too much.

Waves, Beth!

Oh - OMG - last night my DH almost burned our kitchen down. He had turned a pan on the stove w/ oil and butter in it - then left the kitchen to go do something else and apparently forgot about it. By the time he made his way back to the kitchen the pan was completely burned and our over the stove microwave/exhaust fan had partially melted. I would be worried about his mental acuity but he has done stuff like this for as long as I have known him. Nothing quite this bad has happened before. The microwave still works, but the numbers/controls are melted. I guess we need to get a new one at some point. It could have been far worse, though, so I'm glad it wasn't! We have been thinking about doing some work in our kitchen. I'm a bit paralyzed by indecision b/c I'm not sure if we are staying here for the long haul or not. I am probably working for another 4 years, so is it worth it to remodel or do we just sell as is (but w/ a new non-melted microwave)? If we are staying I would definitely remodel - but if we're not....is it worth it?

Anyway - sorry to ramble.

Happy Sunday!

Donna
Old 01-07-24, 02:04 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Wellllll, Roost is no longer drama-free. The Covid discussions were picked up and are now carrying on over there. If everyone would just stop responding to said comments, I do believe they would stop. I understand there is a lot of personal grief around Covid, but the fitness area really isn’t the place for them. Hopefully, the moderators over there will handle it.

I purchased KCMs new “60 is the new 40” DVDs in case I ever stop with the streaming, but right now I really do like the streaming .

Pat, I’m so sorry to hear that about Sharon. I didn't know her personally, but how awful to hear.

Summer breeze, I’m so sorry for your friend’s loss.

For the streaming, here you go, https://watch.coffeyfit.com/raw-work...mplete-library and https://watch.coffeyfit.com

Donna, so nice to see you are feeling better!

So sorry about your kitchen though! My DH has also been doing this throughout our marriage. He also leaves the water running in sinks! Maybe you can just patch as needed? Kitchen remodels can be very expensive, but you do tend to get your money back when moving.

Diane, good luck with the snow! Our roads are getting pretreated today, so it will be interesting if we get anything.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-24, 09:38 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday I did well over an hour of shoveling 4 inches of very heavy wet snow and my back is talking to me today. Very stiff and sore.
I think I'll take it easy for a few days (pretty much like I've been doing anyway lately LOL) and do some stretching. Hopefully it passes quickly.

PAT, glad you dodged the snow bullet. Now we're supposed to get a few inches of rain tomorrow so they're expecting some major flooding around here -- again. Thanks for the tech tips. I checked and there isn't a dedicated Roku channel but I'll look for that icon on the video. I never knew that.

DONNA, glad you dodged the snow bullet too. Good workouts. I'll check out google too for any tips. Thanks. Yikes on the kitchen disaster! It could have been so much worse! I don't want to put any money into my house at this point because I'm pretty sure I'll be moving sooner rather than later and I'm not in a financial position for remodeling/major repairs. Agh.

BETH, I was reading on GD about the new drama over at VF Roost. Dear lord some people!! I'll have to go over and check it out. I ordered the new dvds too although I signed up for the streaming too. Thanks for the link. I'll have to peruse the Help and How To Watch tabs more closely.

DIANE, I hope the snow removal went ok.

Have a great day everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-24, 09:44 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I went with Ellen this morning. I didn't sleep well, as I often don't on Sunday into Monday.

I may do Jessica Valant's short lower body weight workout later today - it is only 15 min or so...so I can probably squeeze it in. I think I'm leaning towards using Jessica Valant as my re-set, her stuff just tends to hit the areas I need to hit in order to get back into alignment so to speak!

Anyway, today was:

Ellen - Body Weight Sculpt - i did work up a sweat with this one. The only thing that stops me from doing just Ellen and cardio is the fear that it isn't enough for my muscles! But her stuff is always just feel-good to me.

Trifecta Pilates - Wake up Routine - this was just a short add on to get some extra stretching/mobility in.

Beth - I agree - both about the COVID posts and the kitchen remodel. COVID is just one of those things that we all have to agree to disagree. I have a close friend and we definitely do not see eye to eye on COVID or some other political things, but we put it aside and just agree to respect each other's opinions about it. It is very sad that many friendships and families fell apart over those disagreements (including politics) We're going to get pricing and see what is reasonable. The microwave still works, the controls are just melted. So it isn't super urgent and we can figure out what is best. We did a face lift on it 17 years ago - and it is showing its age.

Summer Breeze - I'm sorry you had to shovel....it looks like we may get some snow here next week, but it is too soon to tell. Everything coming at is this week looks like rain.

Waves Pat and Diane!

Donna
Old 01-08-24, 10:10 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

Had a hard time getting into VF early so I just cleaned and patiently waited!

We got about a foot of snow but the majority was on the ground by noon. We went out and cleared it and then last night I shoveled the remainder and salted the driveway. It’s a beautiful, bright day today and so much of this will start to melt.

No walk last night as it was still snowing and the roads weren’t great.

Steps: 8954

Today’s workout:
  • Cyberpump Day 29 – Upper Body – This is the last week and I have to say, I have gotten great strength gains. My benchmark was snow shoveling, believe it or not! It was like nothing yesterday.
  • Day 12 Abs Challenge
  • Treadmill Incline Walk
  • Stretch

Pat: I’m glad the snow fizzled in your neck of the woods. What a big pain it is – I will not miss it one iota!

Good workouts – you must be feeling better! Happy to see this.

Again, I’m so sad to hear about Sharon. I know I traded with her early on. Does anyone know her last name? I’d like to read her obit and, if she requested donations to any particular charity, I’d like to donate.

Donna: I saw on the Weather Channel yesterday that MD, DC, etc. just had some rain and sleet. Glad it was a bust!

You too are obviously feeling better – good workouts!

To be honest, I was surprised you defended the one I refer to as “the drama queen” as she is a known whack job – conspiracy theorist, etc. She “tried” to bully me but I don’t bully easily. You have to feel sorry for her as she’s obviously not getting enough attention at home. Sadly she thinks she’s smarter than everyone else. There’s no reasoning with someone like this.

I was the one in high school defending my friends who were bullied. I’ve gotten into quite a few girl fist fights until my mother showed up at school and threatened everyone with a baseball bat. I kid you not. I became known as the girl with the crazy mother.

OMG – I’ve walked away from the stove and the faucet! I don’t think I’m ready for diapers but whenever that happens, it freaks me out! DH says I’m just a chronic multitasker so he’s not worried – YET! LOL!

Renovations are so expensive these days so I hope if you decide to do it, it is fairly painless!

Beth: Oh man. I can’t remember who started VF Roost but I hope she’s not of the same “mindset” as the drama queen. I agree, these forums are not the place for heated Covid discussions, etc.

Did you end up with any snow/sleet/rain? I’m jealous as one of my friends in SoCal sent me a video of the coastline as her DH was driving with the words, “Missing this? Come home!” LOL! SoCal always felt like home to me. I remember landing in San Diego for the very first time and saying to DH, “OMG, I’m home.” Weird but turned to be true!

Summer Breeze: Eesh. Wet snow is the worst. Ours was more dry than wet, which was a blessing. My neighbors go crazy when they see us outside shoveling. They’re afraid one of us will have a heart attack. We’re in better shape than a lot of our neighbors but I appreciate their concern! We have a snow blower but sometimes it’s not enough to get it out. Shoveling is easier.

I hope everyone has a great Monday! See you all tomorrow!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-24, 10:57 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Groan, Happy Moan Day. Yesterday was mostly resting and reading but I also accomplished:

~ Kathy Smith Ageless Staying Strong - glutes workout
~ Sadhana Day 7 - Devi Daly January Challenge Day 1, Yin Yoga to Create Space
~ Jason Stephenson Meet Your Personal Spirit Guide
~ 2,418 steps

Devi’s challenge is to complete 30 minutes of yin yoga daily throughout January. I’ll be loosely following it with the goal of completing it before my birthday. The first practice was very nice!

Donna, oh no about your husband’s cooking adventure. I have to keep mine out of the kitchen, too. The man can’t boil water. One night I got home from work and school and apparently he had attempted to make pasta for him and DS. He put the pot of water on the back burner and turned on the front burner. While he was doing something else, the pot handle melted into the front burner. The stench and smoke! Improved Health is a good channel for a change of pace.

Beth, that’s too bad about Roost. Why can’t certain people keep their politics on the forum they created?

Summer Breeze, so sorry you got stuck with that heavy wet snow - it’s the worst. I hope your back recovers soon. I’m looking forward to hearing about your adventures with RAW streaming and Kelly’s new ones.

Diane, good job on getting all that snow removed. Your daily pushup regimen has many benefits. Sharon’s last name is Frost, and she made her home in Brooklyn, NY. The fact that she died from COVID is making this drama a little painful for me - I never should have posted asking what the virus feels like when you’re coming down with it. I honestly thought at this point that VF’ers were beyond politicizing it, but there I go starting trouble - I should have known better.

Oh well. The mundane days of January are officially underway, so here we go!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote