Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-17, 03:47 PM  
Fayk40

How do you store your downloads?

I'm late to the party and just started purchasing downloads but not sure how to view them on my TV. I'm thinking putting them on a portable hard drive but can you hock them up to your TV to view? Or would it be better to store them on flash drives? Thanks for any input!
Fayk40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-17, 04:38 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

External drive

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-17, 04:54 PM  
ellaenchanted

Cloud storage, hard drive, external drive. I like having them in multiple places. I also upload onto my youtube as private videos because it is easy to play them at the gym using the YT app.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-17, 05:13 PM  
Fayk40

How do you view your downloads off a external drive can you hock them straight up to your TV and if so how do you choose which workout you want to do is there some kind of menu? I'm not very techy. Thankful for a help!
Fayk40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-17, 09:15 AM  
Sollamyn

I use a flash drive that inserts into a USB port on my TV. Then I have to use my TV remote to go to the USB drive where I can see a menu of my flash drive's contents. My TV remote has arrow keys for moving through the list and an enter key to select. It also has Pause, Play, etc. It's not as easy to maneuver as a DVD or VHS, but still pretty decent.

Donna
Old 09-18-17, 01:59 PM  
Demeris

I have them in a folder on my PC, in a folder on my iMac, in THREE different thumbdrives, and I keep them on my external hard drive.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-17, 05:54 PM  
dmlarue1

I keep mine on flash drives. I have a roku 3 attached to my tv that will play usb drives
dmlarue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-17, 06:52 PM  
ncl

I have mine on an external cloud drive. I should probably have other copies of them too but I guess I still mostly have DVDs at this point.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-17, 06:32 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollamyn View Post
I use a flash drive that inserts into a USB port on my TV. Then I have to use my TV remote to go to the USB drive where I can see a menu of my flash drive's contents. My TV remote has arrow keys for moving through the list and an enter key to select. It also has Pause, Play, etc. It's not as easy to maneuver as a DVD or VHS, but still pretty decent.

Donna
what size is the usb use use?
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-17, 08:11 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I use an external hard drive. There are different ways to stream wirelessly from the external hard drive to a TV. Toshiba makes an adapter and app for its external hard drive to be able to stream wirelessly.

With Apple TV, you can also stream wirelessly from your computer using home sharing through iTunes. Your videos have to be stored in iTunes to do that.

I recently used the Toshiba external hard drive with the wireless adapter and the app
on my iPad to stream the videos into my iPad, and then used Airplay to stream from the iPad to the TV. It didn't work well, so I bought the Apple adapter to connect my iPad directly to the TV to see if it would stream better. I haven't tried it yet.

If you want to use a wired connection, you can hook up the computer with the drive attached, directly to your TV.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote