Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-13, 08:59 PM  
LauraBella

Roku/jump-drives/you-tube

Since the youtube playing channels for Roku are all now shut down: I am wondering about the jump drive connection on the Tokugawa. Is it possible to download workouts from Roku onto a flash drive and then play on Roku? Of so, I need instructions!!!
Old 05-10-13, 10:16 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I don't have an answer to your question but rather another question. I thought you could get YouTube on the ROKU through plex. Is this not possible now? I have a ROKU 2 XS that is still in the box. If I can't get youtube on it I will return it and get an apple TV. Any information would be appreciated.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-13, 10:19 PM  
LauraBella

As far as I know you can still plex. But I cant plexus from the loaner computer I'm using. Hoping ill be able to fix my macbook soon. For now, I have a loaner but I cant install software on it as I'm not an admin.

VideoBuzz etc have been closed.

I could download from my work computer though. If that's possible.
Old 05-11-13, 06:51 AM  
PeakFitness

If you have facebook, you can post a link to the youtube video on your facebook and it will play on the roku facebook channel, on Newsfeed Videos. When you post it, you can set it to be visible to "only me" so your facebook friends can't see it.

I never heard of downloading workouts FROM Roku. I don't really understand that question.
Old 05-11-13, 06:52 AM  
PeakFitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I don't have an answer to your question but rather another question. I thought you could get YouTube on the ROKU through plex. Is this not possible now? I have a ROKU 2 XS that is still in the box. If I can't get youtube on it I will return it and get an apple TV. Any information would be appreciated.
Yes, the Plex channel is still on Roku.
Old 05-11-13, 09:19 AM  
LauraBella

OOPS!!! I meant from YOUTIBE! no wonder you were confused! (Don't know if its possible to do that either though.)

I may try that FB trick! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeakFitness View Post
If you have facebook, you can post a link to the youtube video on your facebook and it will play on the roku facebook channel, on Newsfeed Videos. When you post it, you can set it to be visible to "only me" so your facebook friends can't see it.

I never heard of downloading workouts FROM Roku. I don't really understand that question.
Old 05-11-13, 04:13 PM  
PeakFitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraBella View Post
OOPS!!! I meant from YOUTIBE! no wonder you were confused! (Don't know if its possible to do that either though.)

I may try that FB trick! Thanks!
You can convert it to mp4 using something like Youtube Downloader and put it on a usb drive, and if you have the newer rokus with a usb port, it should play mp4. But my roku is older and doesn't have a usb so I've never done it this way.