Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-12, 11:01 AM  
Ann1964

Mine should be here early next week.
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-12, 12:05 PM  
Alan

I'm currently on Phase 2 and definitely think these are challenging workouts. I think maybe some may call them easier because they aren't very cardio intensive. If you're familiar with kettlebell workouts then you'd know how there are ballistic moves like swings and snatches, and then there are grinding moves like getups and presses. Well, Deltafit workouts feel more like the latter--they're tough provided you choose a challenging weight, although they aren't the type of heart pounding workouts that you get from ballistic exercises.

I suppose the HEAT workouts are supposed to be more cardio, but I personally prefer the Kettlebell Cardio workout from the kettlebell disc.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-12, 12:13 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Thanks for your helpful input. Debbied, your comments & certainly your results (!!) make this even more appealing .... Kitty, I'll just wait & see what you and Sharaz think about Phase 2 & 3 and will follow Mizach's recommendation re Streamfit in the meantime .... Marmact's stance that Delta Fit's first phase's intensity level has its place is the same laid-back philosophy I hold with JMBR's Phase 1 right now -- i.e., not a deal breaker. (BTW, Mizach, I've always thought you were a VF Amazon-marathoner, so I did a double take just now when you pegged yourself as a beginner-intermediate. I like your attitude about that, too.)

Alan - just saw your comments. Very helpful distinction. It's probably best to not have high cardio expectations with these, then, and see them as nice weight training workouts. That's good to know and certainly okay. Thanks.

Last edited by Breezy Trousers; 09-28-12 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Read Alan's comment
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-12, 01:32 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Breezy,
I am not a VF amazon marathoner. How I wish that were the case. One of these days, running will be effortless . I am not advanced in anything.
Like Alan, I really like Kettlebell Cardio. That first move is golden.
Wait a few more weeks and you'll probably see this system in the exchange.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-12, 02:35 PM  
kitty12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
I'm currently on Phase 2 and definitely think these are challenging workouts. I think maybe some may call them easier because they aren't very cardio intensive. If you're familiar with kettlebell workouts then you'd know how there are ballistic moves like swings and snatches, and then there are grinding moves like getups and presses. Well, Deltafit workouts feel more like the latter--they're tough provided you choose a challenging weight, although they aren't the type of heart pounding workouts that you get from ballistic exercises.

I suppose the HEAT workouts are supposed to be more cardio, but I personally prefer the Kettlebell Cardio workout from the kettlebell disc.
When I mentioned earlier about Phase 1 being easy it was really the entire workout. The strength moves in the earlier cycles I thought were pretty basic and rather instructional. For example, doing squats using a chair seems like a beginner tip to me. I have only tried Phase 1 so far so can't comment on the other phases. I think a lot will depend on your background and what exercises you do on a regular basis. For example, I think there were single-leg squats in one of the workouts and I do single-leg squats all the time. I'm doing Rushfit now and he would use the term explosive to mean what I think you are saying.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-12, 03:20 PM  
marmact

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty12 View Post
When I mentioned earlier about Phase 1 being easy it was really the entire workout. The strength moves in the earlier cycles I thought were pretty basic and rather instructional. For example, doing squats using a chair seems like a beginner tip to me. I have only tried Phase 1 so far so can't comment on the other phases. I think a lot will depend on your background and what exercises you do on a regular basis. For example, I think there were single-leg squats in one of the workouts and I do single-leg squats all the time. I'm doing Rushfit now and he would use the term explosive to mean what I think you are saying.
+1. My thoughts exactly. My comments had nothing to do with the cardio load and more to do with the fundamental setup of the workout. The 15-seconds on/45-seconds off setup is very much geared toward the beginner, I think. (And, yes, I realize I could cut that time and keep going and do all kinds of other things to customize and/or make it more intense, but I'm just pointing out how it's set up currently as that could be a real deal-breaker for some people.) As a matter of fact, for me the phase 1 workouts start so slowly that I do not need to do a separate warm-up. I just don't feel it's necessary.

That being said, I do like the format in general and BJ seems like a knowledgeable (if chatty) instructor. I am hopeful for the intensity of phase 2.

Again, I'll repeat, I don't mind the lower intensity as long as it continues to build over time.
Old 09-28-12, 04:07 PM  
Alan

My thoughts were primarily regarding Phase 2, which is significantly harder than Phase 1, IMO. I got the impression that people thought even the latter phases were too easy. That said, even with Phase 1 I thought I could get a pretty decent workout without a huge amount of modifying. Of course YMMV.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-12, 04:40 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
My thoughts were primarily regarding Phase 2, which is significantly harder than Phase 1, IMO. I got the impression that people thought even the latter phases were too easy. That said, even with Phase 1 I thought I could get a pretty decent workout without a huge amount of modifying. Of course YMMV.
I agree with this. I found that I sometimes "paced" myself in Phase 1, which means I didn't really work as hard as I probably should have. Phase 2 is definitely harder, although not every move is PITB hard, and I'm using heavier weights that challenge me more than in the first phase. I guess it also depends on what kind of workouts one has already been doing.

Like anything else, this set is not for everyone and neither is BJ.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-12, 01:21 PM  
Ann1964

I got mine today & doing the first workout tonight.
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-12, 02:24 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann1964 View Post
I got mine today & doing the first workout tonight.
Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bj gaddour, delta fit, deltafit speedshred, fast twitch, men's health