Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-12, 01:26 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
crap. I did not need to open this thread. I did not need to open this thread....
Yes, you did!!!

I think this set is a great deal for the money, especially with the coupon code. No dread factor at all. Honestly I believe that because this is geared primarily towards men that I have gotten something new out of it that I don't from my other workouts---not that I do "girly" workouts (whatever that means), but the focus is different.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-12, 05:40 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Before taking a Deltafit plunge, try the Streamfit streaming free trial stuff (21 days I think). You can gauge if BJ will annoy you or not.
Another thing that might be a deal breaker for some is he repeats the same moves about 5x. If you don't care for repeating moves, this system is not for you. BJ repeats but there's progression to the move. So for example, during the first round, you'll do a side plank. Then on the next round, you'll do a side plank with a rotation. Then in the next round, you'll do a side plank with a rotation while holding a light DB.... etc... I like it since by the last round, you're doing the advanced version.

My upper back is sore this time from the second workout in phase 1.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-12, 05:51 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizach View Post
Before taking a Deltafit plunge, try the Streamfit streaming free trial stuff (21 days I think). You can gauge if BJ will annoy you or not.
Another thing that might be a deal breaker for some is he repeats the same moves about 5x. If you don't care for repeating moves, this system is not for you. BJ repeats but there's progression to the move. So for example, during the first round, you'll do a side plank. Then on the next round, you'll do a side plank with a rotation. Then in the next round, you'll do a side plank with a rotation while holding a light DB.... etc... I like it since by the last round, you're doing the advanced version.

My upper back is sore this time from the second workout in phase 1.
This is very helpful, Mizach - thanks! I'll check out Streamfit. The 5x repetition might bother others, but it's not a deal breaker for me if it's set up with some form of progression -- either variation on the move or gradual increase in intensity -- to keep things interesting.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-12, 05:54 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post
This is very helpful, Mizach - thanks! I'll check out Streamfit. The 5x repetition might bother others, but it's not a deal breaker for me if it's set up with some form of progression -- either variation on the move or gradual increase in intensity -- to keep things interesting.
Definitely try StreamFit. Jason Brown has some nice kettlebell workouts there too. My trial ended but am seriously considering becoming a member.
Old 09-27-12, 06:42 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizach View Post
Definitely try StreamFit. Jason Brown has some nice kettlebell workouts there too. My trial ended but am seriously considering becoming a member.
Thanks! These workouts do look fun and are just the right length... One last question about DeltaFit to Mizach or anyone else -- would you say at least 2/3 of these workouts are challenging enough for high intermediate-advanced exercisers? Some are saying these workouts feel too easy. The pacing does look a little slow on the clip, but it's hard to gauge. (I'm in a JMBR rotation right now and must sell/trade 1/3 of that system because it isn't challenging enough. I'm still happy with JMBR. It's just the way it goes with systems, like it or not -- a few of the workouts are inevitably too easy or too boring to keep.)
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-12, 07:43 PM  
debbied
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post
One last question about DeltaFit to Mizach or anyone else -- would you say at least 2/3 of these workouts are challenging enough for high intermediate-advanced exercisers?
Is it PITB? No. Is it the hardest workout I've ever done? No. But.....

They are short enough to tack on something else.
I have never laughed during a workout.
There is absolutely NO dread.
You can make them more difficult as soon as you have done the workout once....He builds on each move so that once you know the workout, you can start with the most advanced move and do that move each round.

Results I have noticed thus far (after doing the rotation for two weeks and going through all the workouts once prior to that) is that knee twinges I was having, gone. My thighs are not tiny, but my pants fit differently....in a good way. And I just lurve them.

Constantly in a state of gratitude.

Dream big because the only thing that can hold you back is a life without dreams. Sean O'Malley

If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. Jean Kerr
debbied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-12, 08:04 PM  
marmact

I like the set so this isn't meant as criticism but IMO the first phase is not that intense if you're a high intermediate or beyond. That said, so far I really like the moves and the setup. The first phase at least does not include a warmup but if you sequence your workout so something else comes first, that is not a problem.

I think the intensity level has its place. I'm looking forward to the later workouts though.
Old 09-27-12, 10:02 PM  
kitty12

IMO Breezy you may be in the same situation I am. I did Phase 1 and frankly was bored with it. The moves have a progression and start out really easy and then in the later cycles are more challenging. Problem is I had to do the easy 2/3 of the exercises to get to the last 1/3. While you could adapt and start with the more challenging exercise in the earlier rounds, that assumes you know the workouts well enough to do so. Other problem is the long wait between the sets. I was really not impressed with Phase 1 so have not bothered to go into Phase 2 yet (I am doing Rushfit right now plus other stuff). I do think the exercises in Phase 2 look better, but still the long wait between sets. I will try Phase 2 at some time but in no rush.

I did do JMBR Cardio 1 today and thought it was more challenging than Deltafit Phase 1. I did it as an add on to my Rushfit ab & core workout.

I consider myself high-intermediate to low advanced.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-12, 06:24 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Breezy,
In phase 1, Pure Power workout, the rest period is 45 secs. I shortened that to 20 secs. I still had a great workout. There might be a science behind the rest periods though.
Phase 1 is just right for me since my body gets a pounding from my half-marathon training.
Try the Streamfit workouts first for 21 days.
ETA: I am beginner-intermediate and will never be advanced. My body is happy where I am :-).Also, wait til this system is on the tradelist of another VFer. I saw a posting a few weeks ago.
Old 09-28-12, 07:41 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbied View Post
Is it PITB? No. Is it the hardest workout I've ever done? No. But.....

They are short enough to tack on something else.
I have never laughed during a workout.
There is absolutely NO dread.
You can make them more difficult as soon as you have done the workout once....He builds on each move so that once you know the workout, you can start with the most advanced move and do that move each round.

Results I have noticed thus far (after doing the rotation for two weeks and going through all the workouts once prior to that) is that knee twinges I was having, gone. My thighs are not tiny, but my pants fit differently....in a good way. And I just lurve them.
Congrats on your results .
I think BJ is a hoot!

Tags
bj gaddour, delta fit, deltafit speedshred, fast twitch, men's health