Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-15-11, 07:21 PM  
juberann

Resistance band workouts????

Any suggestions? I am going to be away a couple of times this summer and I also want to aquire a couple more band workouts. I have the Powerfit workouts but am looking for something a little more challaging.
I am thinking about Travel Fit with Cathe, that one is looking pretty good I have never done a Cathe workout so this is all new to me. Any one have this one? opinions? and any other suggestions are very welcome Thanks!!
Old 06-15-11, 07:32 PM  
Bliss6789

How about Paul Katami's Band Camp?

Old 06-15-11, 08:38 PM  
Aquajock

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
Any suggestions? I am going to be away a couple of times this summer and I also want to aquire a couple more band workouts. I have the Powerfit workouts but am looking for something a little more challaging.
I am thinking about Travel Fit with Cathe, that one is looking pretty good I have never done a Cathe workout so this is all new to me. Any one have this one? opinions? and any other suggestions are very welcome Thanks!!
I got TravelFit in the pre-order with the whole Shock Cardio series, and like an idiot gave it away; however I did a trade for another copy and am expecting it as I write this. I think you'd like it a lot. The cardio is very, VERY moderate (which is not really my thing; I like high intensity, but I can work around that) and the band drills are pretty creative. A worthy purchase, IMHO.

Also, Shaun T's new ASYLUM series through BeachBody has a "Strength" workout that was filmed primarily with weights and one demonstrator using a band; AND Shaun provides an alternate workout on the same disc in which HE demonstrates the band alternatives throughout. Kinda neat, and creative use of the band. HOWEVER - lotsa luck at scoring a copy even to borrow, unless you want to buy the whole series. Very, VERY hot and very new series.

A-Jock
Old 06-16-11, 06:03 AM  
beatchica

If you have a laptop and internet you can workout with LiveExercise.com, anywhere / anytime.

Bodylastic's LiveExercise.com is a great resource. (100's of archived and live shows) all workouts are full length and follow along with new workouts added daily. I have been working out with the Heather on the Toning show for several months now and loving it. Heather is a fantastic trainer, so creative and fun.
beatchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-11, 06:19 AM  
bearcatfan

I am trying to do tubing workouts for the summer, so here's what I have and plan to use:

Cathe Travel Fit
Turbo Fire sculpting workouts
Barry's Bootcamp (not 5 Day Academy, the other one)

Other workouts that have someone on screen using tubing:
P90X
P90X plus
Power 90
Power Half Hour (Tony Horton)

I found Band Camp to be a little awkward - I remember at one point you are using bands for upper and lower at the same time or something like that. But it's an option for sure.

Most any workout can be adapted to tubing but if you are like me you need to be doing what the people on the screen are, lol.
Old 06-16-11, 06:47 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatchica View Post
If you have a laptop and internet you can workout with LiveExercise.com, anywhere / anytime.

Bodylastic's LiveExercise.com is a great resource. (100's of archived and live shows) all workouts are full length and follow along with new workouts added daily. I have been working out with the Heather on the Toning show for several months now and loving it. Heather is a fantastic trainer, so creative and fun.
I use Bodylastics and have the bodylastic bands. The shows and the bands and great. I usually do the "chiseled' shows with Blake and Ashanti and sometime I do the toning show with Heather or the cardio kickbox classes. The Ab shows and pylo shows are also good.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-11, 12:11 PM  
topfitmama

If you are into Pilates, there are two workouts using a band on www.ultimatepilatesworkouts.com that you can stream for free or download for something like $5 each.

I like the lower body work from Shape Makeover your Abs, Butt and Thighs. It's pretty challenging for me
http://www.amazon.com/Shape-Pilates-...8244030&sr=8-3

It also has a 10 minute upper body routine that uses the same band, but I can't comment on it as I haven't used it.

Tracey Mallett's Lose The Belly Flab has challenging lower body work and some ab work using a band.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-11, 01:41 PM  
KellyMarie65

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan View Post
I am trying to do tubing workouts for the summer, so here's what I have and plan to use:

Cathe Travel Fit
Turbo Fire sculpting workouts
Barry's Bootcamp (not 5 Day Academy, the other one)

Other workouts that have someone on screen using tubing:
P90X
P90X plus
Power 90
Power Half Hour (Tony Horton)

I found Band Camp to be a little awkward - I remember at one point you are using bands for upper and lower at the same time or something like that. But it's an option for sure.

Most any workout can be adapted to tubing but if you are like me you need to be doing what the people on the screen are, lol.
Is Power 90 all bands? Could I use this with Bodylastics?
KellyMarie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-11, 01:58 PM  
clh4207

I didn't see Turbo Jam 3T mentioned.
Old 06-17-11, 07:10 AM  
sjazz78

Quite a while ago it was Power 90 that helped make me a resistance band believer. If I remember correctely Tony had one person using bands/tubing and the other person used dumbbells. I thought that was neat to see both methonds on the screen at the same time.
By the way I got great results back then doing Power 90, Leslie Sansone and one other cardio work out that I can't remember.

Tags
bands lower body, resistance band, resistance band workouts, resistance bands