Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-11, 08:24 PM  
fitmommytx

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariev34 View Post
Ok, so I have been pondering all day about barre. This is going to sound weird but maybe I'm just not that into barre???? This may be why I haven't been able to stick with any of them. I think I may be really "wanting" to like barre because of all the wonderful posts and someway believing that this is the miracle workout. Does that make sense? I think i'm going crazy
Have you done any barre? I ask because I felt the same way last year - "meh" when the topic of barre came up. It didn't interest or excite me at all, so I didn't try it. Then I found a fluidity bar (w/dvd's) on craigslist and also splurged on P57 - mainly because of all the "barre talk" here (so yes, a I caved to all the wonderful reccs from VF ladies) and once I started it, I loved it. I still do "cardio" (love kickboxing) but barre is such a nice change and is rounding up and jacking up my butt faster than when I wasn't doing it! I think the results (body shape change) is what keeps me motivated, but I also love how strong and *tall* I feel after doing them.

If you haven't done any, you really need to just try them - I checked out some Lotte Berk and Bar Method from our public library and liked them but I REALLY like P57 (and anything faster paced like that). P57 fully converted me to a Barre fan.

"Why are they smiling? This is hard!" - my 6 year old son, doing Jackie Warner's Xtreme Time Saver 30M workout with me (with his cute little 1lb weights!)
"This is not fake sweat - it's all real!" Chalene from CLX
fitmommytx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre, barre results