Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-17, 02:43 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardnas View Post
Enabler!

Another option: there is a husband and wife that put out some walking, cycling, jogging DVDs that offer more/different locations. There is no music or talking, just natural sounds, but they tend to be rather slow. I believe some or all may be DVD-Rs. I bought a few just to check out potential vacation spots. They are on Amazon (VITA DVDS) and have their own website that offers free S&H and discounts the more you buy + there are preview clips there.
Aren't I though. VAs don't seem to go on sale at Mary's very often. Going by VF threads, maybe only once a year? (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

The husband and wife team film in places I especially want to visit!! But they're so slow, would putting on music help I wonder? I'm so tempted by those locations... Cornwall (Doc Martin country), the Cotswolds, Ireland, the Isle of Capri...

Maybe you're right. Maybe we should just try one! Why not. Then I can say I've tried out every virtual company out there. Lol.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-17, 09:51 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted zebra View Post
Oh, which three DVD pack did you get, do you have a link? I didn't know they came in packs.

The other series (World Nature Video) is now starting to add techno music to their latest downloads, for example European Cycling Routes, and Summer & Fall (or Spring & Summer) in National Parks in Holland. When it comes to techno music sometimes I don't mind it and it spurs me on, and other times I can't listen to it.

Another difference between the two series is how Virtual Active often has you running or walking over rough terrain, whereas World Nature Video sticks to walkways, cycling pathways and roads.

I placed two orders at Amazon recently and needed to add something to get free shipping, so one time I added Alpine Lakes - Switzerland and Italy, and the other time added Windmills & Waterways in the Netherlands. Both are beautiful and feature lots of water. But I agree, with a music option they could be even better. So now while touring Switzerland, Italy and the Netherlands I do it to the beat of Shakira, Lady Gaga, Sia, etc. Not necessarily music I would listen to while sitting on the couch, but it gets me wanting to move. Sometimes I'll work out to nature sounds, but that's mostly at 5:00 in the morning when I don't want to wake anyone up and at that time I kind of like the peace and quiet.
This is the one I have: DVD Virtual Walks - Macau - Hong Kong - Kuala Lumpur, they used to sell several packs like these at amazon.ca (I'm in Canada), I thought it was a good value($9.99) as one DVD usually sells for $12.99 to $14.99. I was buying other things at the time, and added this to get the free shipping as well.

I agree, VA are a bit more interesting because of the rough terrain they add to their walks and the music is great.

I also added some music the other time I did one of the Fitness Journeys walk, otherwise I think I wouldn't lasted that long, upbeat music really does help to keep the motivation up.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-17, 07:12 AM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
This is the one I have: DVD Virtual Walks - Macau - Hong Kong - Kuala Lumpur, they used to sell several packs like these at amazon.ca (I'm in Canada), I thought it was a good value($9.99) as one DVD usually sells for $12.99 to $14.99. I was buying other things at the time, and added this to get the free shipping as well.

I agree, VA are a bit more interesting because of the rough terrain they add to their walks and the music is great.

I also added some music the other time I did one of the Fitness Journeys walk, otherwise I think I wouldn't lasted that long, upbeat music really does help to keep the motivation up.
Thanks for the link. What a difference in pricing! I'm also an amazon.ca customer.

It's too bad Virtual Active's newer releases no longer have music nor coaching. They say it's to get new videos out there sooner and certainly for them it's the easier route to take. But I see it as a mistake. It's also one reason why I stocked up on so many DVDs from the earlier series during Mary's sale.

PS. I love the Spanish statement on the bottom of your posts. :-)
Old 03-27-17, 06:34 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted zebra View Post
Thanks for the link. What a difference in pricing! I'm also an amazon.ca customer.

It's too bad Virtual Active's newer releases no longer have music nor instruction. They say it's to get new videos out there sooner and certainly for them it's the easier route to take. But I see it as a mistake. It's also one reason why I stocked up on so many DVDs from the earlier series during Mary's sale.

PS. I love the Spanish statement on the bottom of your posts. :-)
You're welcome, I hope they will bring some of their packs back in store, good value for sure.

I agree, what a big mistake I think the option of having an instructor and upbeat music, was what made their DVDs better over the competitors. You did great on taking advantage from Mary's sale.

PS. Thank you

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-17, 08:47 AM  
sherry7899

I ended up not purchasing any more of them. I decided I had enough of them. I hope everyone enjoys their purchases.

I really wish they still did releases on dvd . I love the instruction and the options to turn off the music. I need the coaching

I looked at releases from other companies, but since they do not have coaching I will pass on them. It's a shame, because the scenery on a lot of them is gorgeous.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-17, 08:59 AM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
... I really wish they still did releases on dvd . I love the instruction and the options to turn off the music. I need the coaching

I looked at releases from other companies, but since they do not have coaching I will pass on them. It's a shame, because the scenery on a lot of them is gorgeous.

Sherry
I like Johnny Pearman, so I'm glad most of the ones I have feature him as the coach. Johnny inspires me. I have 3 bike programs with other coaches I haven't tried yet. I think I'll do one this afternoon after work.

I did Pacific Northwest hike this morning and love the waterfalls and wide open feel of it. No regrets at all on any of the four I've tried so far.

Had these VAs been around years ago I could have saved myself a small fortune by not buying other cardio videos I didn't find nearly so enjoyable. Better late than never, I guess. My idea of a perfect workout is doing a Virtual Active or two on the rebounder, followed by 10 minutes on my whole body vibration machine. Pure bliss!
Old 03-29-17, 09:02 AM  
sherry7899

spotted zebra-I am so glad you found cardio that you love! I finally found mine (Soul Sweat classes) and I'm not buying any other cardio.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-17, 02:10 PM  
spotted zebra

Thanks Sherry. It's gratifying to find the thing that works, which varies so much from individual to individual.

Does anyone think maybe these might be marked down again during Mary's April 24th weekly sale? I can't help but be curious. I love the dvds I have. I'm open to ordering a few more VAs from my wishlist if they're on sale. If they aren't I more than likely won't order anything from Mary that week.
Old 04-07-17, 02:13 PM  
spotted zebra

Old 04-07-17, 04:32 PM  
laurajhawk

Mary usually takes a couple dollars off the Virtual Actives when she has a sale. I know 'cause I usually have some on my wishlist.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
virtual active