Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-20, 07:54 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Crone Cronies - The Dumbest Thing I Ever Bought Was a 2020 Planner. 8/9

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-20, 08:01 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today's quote just resonated with me.

I will cook some today and I want to get my videos edited. I'll probably try to get in some exercise, too.

Everyone have a good day.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 08-09-20, 08:08 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

NC experienced an earthquake this morning. It was centered in Sparta, which is apparently to the west and north of Raleigh. Anyway, we didn't feel a thing where we live.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 08-09-20, 08:31 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I found some pretty good quotes after I created this week's thread. Thought I'd post them for future options. The dates can be changed. I just wanted to be sure they'd fit.

Crone Cronies - It's Amazing How Alike EXERCISE and EXTRA FRIES Sound Alike. 8/17

Crone Cronies-Women Who Carry Extra Weight Live Longer Than Men Who Mention It. 8/17

Crone Cronies - I Had a Playroom Growing Up. It Was Called OUTSIDE. 8/17

Crone Cronies - Someday We Old Folks Will Use Cursive as a Secret Code. 8/17

Crone Cronies - Blessed Are We Who Laugh at Ourselves. We Will Always Be Amused. 8/17

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 08-09-20, 08:57 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Thanks for getting us started, Laura! Very applicable quote!

My friends were to have driven up today from Milwaukee, but they're getting the car checked out - noticed it pulled to the side while driving. Maybe tomorrow... Otherwise, I'm walking Gus, mowing the yard, putzing around... I'll do another sweep downstairs removing the usual wave of Gus hair from the floors . I did pick up some groceries for them yesterday.

Laura, I do like the "going" to church via video - at least I listen to the sermon wearing my PJs. The number of times I go to church live - hmmmm none. Thanks for the title suggestions!

Paula, thanks, I'll show the doctor next time I'm in - there's no object in my palm that this is developing from that's visible or feelable. Yay on an easy toilet fix!

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart!)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-20, 08:59 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. No workout today, not even a walk. DH woke up coughing and low grade fever - call to the doctor and he was sent in for a COVID test and a urinalysis. I guess after the type of biopsy he had kidney infections are common. He was given an rx for cipro too. The wait for the COVID test is supposed to be three days. When my brother had one, his result came in early, hope that happens for DH too. Dr. thinks it may be a combo of seasonal allergies and a kidney infection, let's hope so - better than COVID I'm

Laura, thanks for getting us started. So right on the theme, it resonated with me too. I did get some grocery shopping done, other than that, nothing accomplished here today. My brother and SIL said they did not feel it but my sister and BIL said they did. Interestingly enough, they don't live far apart. I like your suggestions for themes, especially the first one.

Anita, Glad your friends will be there soon. Hopefully they are good enough friends that some Gus hair won't put them off. Hope I'm just being a worry wart but I hope you get that palm rash seen by a doctor. Maybe I just think everything is skin cancer because I've had it, but it got bad because I didn't realise what it was and waited until I needed a MOHS. Please don't be like me.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 07:31 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

My friends arrived yesterday evening and we're getting them settled in. We also had some really rough thunderstorms last night - I hope their car is OK as it was beeping about 5 times during the storm - hope lightning didn't hit it 5 times!

Today, I'll be heading to WI border for lunch with some friends to celebrate a birthday - these are old work buddies. My friends still have a car and will be going grocery shopping. I'm hoping to get Gus his walk before the lunch drive. Otherwise putzing around and getting my friends acquainted with stuff going around the house.

Paula, hope your DH doesn't have Covid - I'm a bit afraid of picking that up also. My friends and I watched TV together - I think Gus was a bit off in that there wasn't room on the couch for him - usually he's stretched out on 2/3rds of the couch!

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart!)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 12:32 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Paula, I'm glad to hear your DH's biopsy was benign. I hope he doesn't have COVID. We've had lots of people in our county who had symptoms but tested negative, so we'll believe for the best.

Great quote, Laura, and I like the future ones you have curated as well. I laughed at #3 and #4. Too true.

Anita, I hope you enjoyed lunch and your friends get settled in. You mean Gus didn't just sit in your lap?

The derm moved my appointment up to this Wednesday. I'm glad because my hand is looking worse all the time. It's almost as if it's peeling, like a burn. I've started covering it with gauze since it's so dry and cracked, and that does help, but when I get up in the morning, my hand is sticking to the gauze because of the oozing. I don't know what I did to myself.

Today I tried PHA3 and ab stacker. My knee held up okay. It's a bit sore today, but no more than usual. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be able to walk tomorrow. Regardless, I won't be using the spin bike for a while. I may phase it out altogether.

We have rain today. Dreary. At least it cooled things down a bit. For now. I'm not sure it will last long.

Everyone have a great day.
Old 08-10-20, 07:18 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It was a busy day. I posted one of my blog posts and then went for a walk, cooked for DH, did band strength work, took DH to his PT appointment, stopped by to pick up pizza on the way home, and had a tutoring session this evening.

Tomorrow, I have my infusion in the afternoon. I want to get the video for the blog post posted.

Paula - I hope your DH's test results come back quickly and it's negative. There are so many things it could be, and it's hard to think of other things during this time.

Anita - It's good that your friends are there, even if Gus will have to give up real estate on the couch sometimes. Hope your lunch was good.

Dede - It's good that the appointment with the derm was moved up. I hope they can help you quickly. That page of quotes I found were pretty good.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 08-10-20, 07:53 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning waw Jessica Smith Chair Toning then my PT stretches.

DH's doctor called today to tell him the COVID test was negative - what a relief! Still, he's not feeling well and is still running a low grade fever so we didn't do much today. He watched TV and took naps, I worked on my latest quilt.

Anita, hope your lunch with friends went well. Funny about Gus being miffed about not having the couch mostly to himself.

Deedee, that rash/blister on your palm worries me. I'm glad your appointment with a dermatologist has been moved up.

Laura, glad you're able to keep up your blog posts. Sounds as though you've had a busy day.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote