Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-05-20, 06:41 PM  
seabliss

I can't have physical activity today and possibly tomorrow (24 -48 hours). The dental procedure was awful, but it's over. I just have to keep cotton in my mouth and eat soft foods. So this is a rest day!

On a good note, we had two showings today for which both realtors said there would probably be an offer. We are hoping for multiple offers that come close enough together that we can get a higher price. One realtor did a video showing and has his clients coming in person this weekend from out of state. What a different situation than last time! But we've realized we weren't ready then in many ways, and God knew the right timing. Praying everything goes smoothly and even better than we could have hoped. We had another showing today (we haven't had feedback yet) and another is scheduled for tomorrow so far.

Diana, very impressive about the 15 lbs! I haven't lost anything so far. I don't know why. Some days there's not much time to eat. Hopefully I will start soon!

Cynthia, congratulations on the scale victories! What program do you like, the L4? Or is it an eating program? I do really like heavier weights and less reps. It's less frantic and less chance for injury for me. Also I see better results. I do like Pilates for the legs too though.
Old 08-05-20, 06:52 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cheryl, I hope the house sells soon at a good price. This is so much better than last time, when it seemed like no one showed up after inconveniencing you. And hugs for the dental work. That's never fun.

I'm enjoying both exercise and food programs. The exercise is half LIIFT4 (just the weights) and a barre chapter or 2. The food is patterned on the Super 6 program (glad to share) that I got from the beachbody coach. Basically, it's a hot breakfast, smoothie for lunch, and protein and veg, or a quinoa casserole for dinner. I do enjoy having a smoothie as a meal, but not for breakfast; and don't come at me with this modern intermittent fasting. I can't skip a meal or I get light-headed. Or just coffee with oil in in it instead of breakfast. Not for me.

Went retro for my barre session today: Callanetics Hips and Behind.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 09:34 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Cheryl I am excited for you that the showings are different this time. I pray something really good comes your way. I'm sorry the dental procedure was difficult. I can't imagine. {{hugs}}

Cynthia I"m sorry to hear about the retreat leader.

No workout to report. I got my steps in. I remember when I mentioned about us singing, someone here mentioned "parts". Yikes! What have I gotten myself into??!! Monday I received a text from the pianist wanting to set up for us to practice on Saturday. Ok, that's good. Today she called me wanting me to come over to practice alone with her. We are doing parts. The crazy thing is that it's two songs that I mentioned and I like. Look what I got myself into. LOL So, I went to practice my part. She wanted to make sure that I was comfortable. I'm not comfortable with anything right now. LOL We will be practicing for a while before we do the songs. I know these songs very well but I don't know them the way we will sing them. I think that makes it more difficult because the way I know it is ingrained. She is very happy with me because I am open to learn new things. No I'm not. I've got her fooled. LOL My motto is fake it until I make it.

Something else funny. Remember how I was stressed because I volunteered with the children at the Christian school camp? The Pastor's wife told me yesterday that they might want it to continue into the school year. What? Where did that come from? LOL

I'm not upset about any of this, it's kinda funny, that I just seem to get myself into stuff.

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-20, 07:18 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day, stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 08-06-20, 03:19 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: L4 shoulders. I followed the bandifier. Barre abs from a Hilliard DVD. Meh.

The usual weather - gray and chilly. DD has the day off, so I'm not driving anywhere. She just wants to put her feet up & rest.
Old 08-06-20, 06:31 PM  
seabliss

We got a full-price offer! On the third day on the market, from people who saw it yesterday. The other highly interested party is coming tomorrow morning at 9 AM (the buyers from out of town), so we are waiting to see if they also want to place an offer. It's so difficult to know how to price a home during COVID, but it seems the supply and demand is very different right now. While it's always great to get more money than asked for, we are so relieved that we did not get a lowball offer.

Still resting, although I'll get 10k steps. I did take a walk this morning but not too fast. I think I'm pretty safe now from breaking open my wound but just want to be sure. They said it hurts a lot if you do.

Cynthia, if the breakfast involves eggs it's not for me. Otherwise it sounds good. I hear you on smoothies for breakfast. Most of the time that is not something I want. Or yogurt or similar. DH was on a plan that he was losing on and was great for us, but with putting our house on the market it's been too difficult to cook much. But once we accept an offer, which should happen tomorrow hopefully, we should be able to cook again.

Diana, you are keeping your brain and soul young by challenging them to do new things! It's pretty wonderful, isn't it? I'm excited to hear how you conquer singing parts. And obviously you're better than you thought at teaching the kids!
Old 08-06-20, 07:07 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cheryl, I remember you don't like eggs. I haven't had eggs for breakfast for a while although I'm okay with them. I'm not rigid on the plan, and oatmeal or pancakes are the other choices. Although their pancake recipe is inedible, I have several healthy pancake recipes.
Here's the one I made today
3 egg whites (1/4 c. + 2 Tb liquid egg white), 1/2 c. dry oatmeal, 2 tsp. honey, shake each of salt and cinnamon. The original recipe says to stir it in a bowl, but that cooks up looking really weird. I zapped the batter in a blender and then it looked like normal pancakes. Have with berries. I use maple syrup usually, but yogurt is also good on pancakes.
Anyway, yay for an offer!!!

Diana, I'm guessing you're learning the alto part?

Hi to Lynn.

Well, I got a walk done today after all. The fog lifted and it was close to room temp. Others might say the fog burned off or blew away, but around here, it lifts. There's even a local coffee called Foglifter.
Old 08-06-20, 07:58 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Cheryl Great news!

Cynthia I am the lowest in the group, whatever that is. We are doing When the Roll is Called Up Yonder followed by I'll Fly Away. Do you know those? I have heard of Foglifter coffee.

Waving Hi to Lynn & Linda

Check-In: Body Lastics Circuit Training workout and 1 hour outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 08-06-20, 08:50 PM  
lynnf

lauren backside conditioning -- didn't like this so much as it had a tabata section , which was high impact and hard.

Cheryl, wow that sold quick. Congratulations! See I told you the market was good. And congrats on surviving the tooth.

Diana, you are having so many new experiences. Great way to retire. And congrats on the weight loss. I am on a long, long plateau. And not a good one.

Cynthia, great you have found a good exercise/eating plan. Sorry about your knitting friend, that's sad.

We start on the 24th so I will try to get in a few day's off. I'm in a bad mood about my boss possibly making a major project I was doing on deadline a waste of time, by deciding everything can be put off for a year, after I just finished and made the deadline.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-20, 07:26 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

Lynn I'm sorry the project deadline has been put off for now. At least you don't have to work on it between now and then. I hope you can enjoy a few days off. Next week the camp children will be on vacation so the teachers can work on their classrooms. I'm excited and feel like I'm going to be on vacation. LOL

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day, stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana