Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-20, 06:31 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Sunday morning coffee ...

That's where I'm at ... enjoying the Sunday morning early coffee. ahhhhh. Quiet house, catching up and reading VF and facebook. My kind of morning.

Pam: I have had my rower for a few years now? It's an inexpensive (comparatively speaking) Pro Form that I got off one of my daily deal sites years ago. I never took it seriously enough to really focus on it. I've tried. I want to be a rower. But I just never put my total heart into it. So, this month I want to focus on it and at least get 2-4 workouts in a week. Since it is new-ish, I am doing a lot of beginner workouts and technique videos. I discovered "Dark Horse" on You tube and love him. He's great, patient and his form pointers are spot on. Which is why I don't think he was there a couple of years ago when I tried to get into it. I'd rather take the next month to 6 months, learning technique, getting good at it and then dive into harder workouts (and it could take way less time). But much like kettlebells, once the technique is there, I can do anything! So it's a slow learning process for me. I have goals and I have decided that if I enjoy the rower (and I do) and I reach my year end goals (which I will) and I have a milestone birthday in January (which I will - good lord wililng!) I will treat myself to a real (decent) rower. . . to add to my workout equipment aresenal. I am also hoping that peloton comes out with a rower by then, if not? Probably get a fluid one ... or maybe even The Concept 2 (like Kay has!) ... But there's plenty of time for research on that. So, no ... not a new purchase.

So the joy of checking in frequently? Not much to report! (Easier on all your eyes.) tee-hee. . .

8/8/2020: (I think that's a cool looking date. 2 eights, 2 zeros, 2 twos) ... Ha! anyway .... Leanne's 30 minute Pelothon bike ride (for the badge), Ally Love's 30 mins. Whiteny Houston ride, 20 minutes Emma Lovewell's Low impact ride (all of these on the bike) 5 minute Emma post ride stretch ....

None of these bike rides did it for me. They were all MEH ... which I hate. I would rather do a workout for the 100th time that I know I'd love, then to branch out and do ones that don't work for me. I felt (all day long) that i had a crummy workout and wished I had done different ones. But alas, long about 5 p.m. all of the sudden my hamstrings started objecting to ANY movement. It was then I realized that DOMs Hits me 24 hours later and yesterday after work was when I did Adrian's bootcamp. Yep ... hamstrings were reminding me I did deadlifts. All good!!!

Make it a great day.
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-20, 05:21 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Pam - My husband & I retired 2 1/2 years ago, and one of our biggest problems is keeping track of the day/date! Once Covid lockdown started it became even worse! I do keep a log, but it's in the basement where I work out. It's a lot easier to keep things straight when I check in regularly!
Cleda - sorry you didn't love your rides. I usually avoid anything with Boot Camp in the title, but I'll have to try the one you mentioned. It sounds like I can get my steps and strength in one!
Helen - You are topping the FitBit leader-board, so I know you've been walking!

8/8 - gardening and mowing and a dog walk. I always count mowing as a workout!
8/9 - since it's a rest day for my StepBet, I did a 30 min. ride with Ally Love followed by one of her 5 min. Post Ride Stretches. I only got 700 steps for a 30 min. ride, which is why I have been avoiding spinning during this StepBet. Two weeks left and I'll be able to focus on something other than steps!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 06:49 AM  
Helen

CLEDA
I'm sure you'll 'earn' a new rower - make sure you let us know when that milestone arrives!!

LILI
I'm still working full time, but had to ask the kids in class today - what day is it?
Thanks for letting me know I'd topped the FitBit leader board - I rarely look at it. Made me smile.

PAM
Thanks for the virtual hugs. I'm making some progress into addressing what was out of sorts in my world.

Business
Mon, 10th Aug.
38min, Christi - Still Steppin' - Section 2 Mix
12min, Karen - Energy Sprint - Upper Body Addon
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 11:43 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Aug 9:
~Neighbourhood walk
~Cardio: 15 min Maxi Glider & 15 min rebounding
~ePilates: day 5, yet another glute focused mat workout
~Essentrics barre & floor stretches

Helen - Glad you are sorting things out.

Cleda - Love your new avatar! I hope you enjoy your rowing focus.

Lili - We both retired just over 6 years ago, the days do run together! I have to keep track of the days so I don’t forget to teach my classes, lol.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 08:33 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Aug 10:
I had a productive day, spent most of the afternoon sequestered in my little studio...
~Cardio: 15 min maxi glider + 15 min rebounding - watching anatomy videos
~neighbourhood walk
~KB swings & moves, 3 sets - watching yet another anatomy video....
~Essentrics: Mini stretch on the CS FB page + trademark practice
~ePilates: day 6 - barre legs & glutes
~15 min full body yoga stretch on the yoga wheel (YT) - just for something different....

Waving to everyone!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 08-11-20, 04:39 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quick (is there such a thing with me?) check in

Good Morning Ladies! Have to be quick. My workout(s) await me and we know I can lollygag on this computer forever.

Pam: Thank you !! I didn't like the avatar that I had (not thrilled with this one either) so it might end up being my cat pretty soon. . But thank you!

Lili: Adrian is wonderful. He pushes without making me feel like a loser. Some of the other bootcamps are just too difficult for me. And of course, I modify when necessary . I didn't even think of doing the one move, just did deadlifts and STILL got a great workout! He says modifying is fine. And He just seems like such a nice guy. If you try it, let me know.

Helen: I actually looked at my weekly stats from FitBit! You are really getting those steps in. (I am almost half of what you are getting.)

Waves to Kay and anyone else lurking.

On to me, me and all me!

8/9/2020: 10 minute warm up ride, 30 minute Tabata with Nancy & ally Love, Sundays with Love with Nancy and Ally (Virtue: understanding ~~ excellent ride for me this week!) Denis 5 minute cool down, Emma's 10 minute classical cool down, 5 minute stretch, Adrian's 30 minute Run/Walk (loved it!) Matty's 10 minute cool down and then rowing technique for 15 mins. **

8/10/2020: Christine's 45 minute Power zone Ride - this was wayyyy different than any power zone ride I've EVER taken. I like that she is giving variety in the power zone classes. It was a slow and steady build from zones 1 through zones 3. Definitely endurance, definitely sweating. Nothing too difficult, 100% endurance. And as Ally Love reminds me: Endurance is my SUPER POWER!!! I think I really enjoyed it. (not saying it was easy, but it was 30 minutes of solid endurance building.) 5 minute cool down ride, 5 minute stretch.

I think the technique of rowing FINALLY clicked for me. That made me smile. Like a major breakthrough. I was super happy. we'll see if brain and muscle memory remember it this morning as I may try again!

Saturday's workout seems long, but a lot was warm ups (need that for tabata - my body is like a tin man) and cool downs. Again, need the cool downs so I can perform the following day. I suppose consistency is key and the tabata (although I still hate them) was actually not too bad this week. Go figure!!!! And Adrian's run/walk??? LOVED IT ... then again, I thoroughly enjoy Adrian. He is fast becoming my favorite strength, tread and bootcamp instructor.

That's about it. Gotta go workout. Till tomorrow!
Make it a great day.
Cleda
Old 08-11-20, 12:40 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

8/10 - BodyStep #116. I enjoyed this, but the 3rd Power Surge (I think that's what it's called) had me walking around to catch my breath, then joining in, then catching my breath. You get the idea. It was TOUGH! I gave blood in the afternoon, a neighborhood walk in the evening to get my steps.

Cleda - I also like the new avatar! I have written down some of your recommendations so that I can try them. It all sounds good, it's a matter of coaxing myself to work harder! I've been working out longer most days since January, which is good. I still need to up the intensity.
Helen - glad I could make you smile! That's what we're here for! Also, encouragement, workout ideas, etc.
Pam -I always enjoy reading the combinations that you do!
Kay - waves! We miss you!

Old 08-11-20, 08:50 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

High Intensity ...

Lili: If I had my druthers, it would be endurance all the way. Remember! Ally says it's my super power. But I must admit, with the pushes from Nancy and doing more Tabata, bootcamp and running - I am feeling way stronger!!!! There's always room for improvement or room to modify and I'm ok with either!!!

Keeping this on topic:

8/11/2020: Matty's Run/walk (45 minutes ~ from 2/2/2020 - SuperBowl Sunday). This actually falls in the "walking" category on Peloton App. But it is awesome. I definitely enjoyed this one. He did negative splits or at least gave me an idea what they are. I don't get all the runner's lingo. But ... it's 1:1 ratio and starts out with 2 minutes (Or is it one?) and ends with 5 minutes. I did like it. Matty is just enough encouragement and goofiness. He did drop the eff bomb once in this (I think first time I've heard him do that) so forewarned is forearmed. I followed it up with KCM's new one Boxfit and really liked it. I did the First (cardio) workout. It was here that I noticed my higher intensity workouts are helping me. I still modified stuff though. But am pleased with my progress.

I have noticed it's interesting to hear the chatter and banter of the instructors pre covid, during quarantine and now .... Interesting. No one had any clue what the world was about to encounter. . . .

Ok, I need sleep. I'm beat.
Good night all.
Cleda
Old 08-11-20, 09:16 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

A quickie post for me....

Aug 11:
~Cardio: 20 min maxi glider & 15 min rebounding
~Essentrics: ETV live workout with Alexa & trademark practice with my L3 study group
~ePilates: day 7 Arm & glute mat workout - Emma did the scorpion in this one, might feel it tomorrow!
~Yoga with Candice (YT): Stability ball stretch - I sold my stability ball last year in preparation for the move that never happened. Just got my new one from Amazon yesterday. I’m planning to do some zoom Pilates ball classes with my friend who did the yin classes by the fire.

Waving to everyone!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 08-12-20, 07:23 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Drive-by for me today:
8/11 - An hour with Leslie and our usual dog walk. I managed a power day!