Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-20, 07:08 PM  
Helen

Every Day in August - All welcome to join us, every day - one day at a time.

Welcome to the Every Day Checkin!
My choice of images this month are all about exercise being a positive mood maker - smiles!

We are a small group who aim to do some form of physical activity every day, whatever that means for YOU (but don't kid yourself about it either)

Can we say we're in Spring & Autumn (Fall) already? Are you feeling it?!
May everyone have positive changes in whatever area you're hoping change to happen.

As someone once said (Star Trek) MAKE IT SO!
NEWCOMERS, RETURNERS, LURKERS,... might as well say:

EVERYONE
is WELCOME!

Daily posts - not mandatory, nor even "sternly preferred" - but we love it if you do.
Weekly posts, drive-by notes, daily essays all about you.... any of those are perfectly fine - no pressure, EXCEPT to diligently try to add serious movement to your day - every day.

Lexicon:
WERD = Well Earned Rest Day, but even rest days can include movement
TERD = Totally Expected Rest Day, though not especially well-earned, like a planned happy event
TURD = Totally Unexpected Rest Day, hopefully also a happy event
HERD = of TURDS - usually declared after the THIRD TURD in a row. Try to avoid these at all costs, as they can move in & get comfortable, getting OUT of your comfort zone is the way to make change happen
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-20, 11:15 PM  
Helen

Sat., 1st Aug.
23min, Teigh & Gillian - Yoga Booty Ballet - Goddess Booty
52min, Christi - Mission Possible
40min, 5k jog/walk with Alice

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 08-01-20, 07:50 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Just getting my August Arrow

in place.

Thanks for starting us off Helen! Yep ... smiling and making goals. That's what August is all about.

Let's get busy.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-20, 12:47 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Thanks for starting us off in grand style as always Helen!!

Aug 1:
~ETV: Amanda’s Express Posture - a slow start, but at least it’s something!

We are down at our city condo, cleaning after our Airbnb tenant left & doing some minor fix ups to get it ready for sale.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-20, 01:03 AM  
Helen

Sun., 2nd Aug.
36min, Tony - P90 (new) - Sweat C with buddy
15min, Tony - P90 (new) - Ab Ripper C with buddy
40min, moderately paced dog walk

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 08-02-20, 06:27 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

New month.

Here we go ~ and it will go fast. (as all the months seem to do any more!)

8/1/2020: Ally Love's 30 minute Tabata, Ally's Sundays With Love 30 mins. (Virtue: commitment ~ a do over from last Sunday - she suggests taking it 2x during the week!), 5 mins. Denis cool down ride, 30 minute treadmill with Becs (training for a 5k was the workout.)

I am back to doing a mile a day for August. It seems to work for me. Either the tread, elliptical, rowing, walking, whatever. But a mile a day (and it CANNOT be a mile on the bike, since I do the bike anyway! it's in ADDITION to the bike or any other workout I choose.)

I have about 9 million other goals for August, but that's the one I'll list for now! It's going to be a good month.

Waves to all. Off to the store.
Cleda
Old 08-02-20, 09:52 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Happy August!
Thank you Helen for another amazing start to our thread! Your graphics are always spot on!

8/1 - 10 min. Leslie warm-up, then a 45 min. Pop Fun Run with Matt Wilpers. This was my first 45 min. Peloton run and it wasn't bad. I did go at a slower pace, but he added several hills, so it all worked out in the end. We did a dog walk after dinner.

8/2 - we did our dog walk this morning and I'm not sure what I want to do later. I should pick a focus for the month, even though I never finished with 5 days a week of Unplugged in July. StepBets do interfere with my strength training.
Back to report 3 Fast Miles with Leslie and 10 minutes on my treadmill to find out that it goes to 12 incline.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 12:05 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Aug 2:
~ETV: Alexa’s Cardio workout
~6 km city walk to run errands

Not terribly productive workout wise this weekend, but also got in some functional fitness getting things in order. We’ve been replacing closet doors, rearranging, & cleaning.
We’ve also been having some fun hanging out with our granddaughters.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 04:16 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Lili: I ALWAYS go at slower paces than they call out (except MAYBE on a beginner workout) and honestly? I'm fine with that and still get a great workout. I like their treadmill workouts (most of them!) StepBets HUGELY interfere with strength (So do power zone challenges). You may want to try some of the Peloton weight workouts. They don't seem like a lot, but they do get the job done. Just sayin'! They are kind of hit or miss for me. I either really like them or I don't. Quite a few of Christine Arm workouts I like. Several of Adrian's Arm workouts I like.

Pam: I think a hanging with the grandchildren is a wonderful thing!!!! And you got a lot of functional fitness and some productive stuff done. Kudos to you.

Helen:
How long have you been working out with your buddy now?? I'm glad you have each other. That is great.

Waves to Kay and anyone else who I may have missed !! (Need more coffee. It's early)

Me, me and all me.

8/2/2020: 5 minute Warm up ride (i'm like the tin man in the a.m.) followed by 45 minute Tabata ride Ally Love followed by a 30 minutes Sundays With Love (virtue: BOLD) ~ both with Nancy + a 5 minute cool down ride with Denis, a stretch and then 1.5 miles on the elliptical (for my mile a day).

I probably shouldn't have done tabata 2 days in a row, but Nancy wanted to do something challenging. I hate tabata, but I know it's good for me. So I figured why not? I would NOT voluntarily take a 45 minute tabata class. Uggg. just NO! But with a friend? Seemed ok. And I did fine and my graph was spikey and pretty and I survived. So now I'll wait until towards mid to end of week before doing another one. They are fantastic for getting one into better shape? Or so they tell me. Now that I've done a 45 minute class, I know I can do it !!!

Ok, off to read (another goal for August) and then do some sort of semi-light workout before heading into work.

Happy Monday! Make it a great day.
Cleda
Old 08-04-20, 04:27 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Dancing with myself ....

Mornin' ladies!

Just a quick check in. Need to get to my morning journaling, my morning reading, my morning workout, logging my sleep, do my spreadsheet for my coach, etc, etc. Not enough hours in the day.

8/3/2020: Matty's Bootcamp (45 mins.)** followed by 10 minute cool down walk and a 5 minute runner's stretch. (things are fairly sore)!!! ~~ got my mile in on the treadmill!!

I am trying to branch out a bit in my recess. The bootcamps always make me chuckle, as I don't know if I call them our usual VF "bootcamps" but what do I know?? I chose this one as Matty works a lot with the XXL tribe as far as communication and he seems very patient. Ha! And although all of that, he's also tough. There was treadmill work for 11 minutes, then weights, planks and core for some time and then back to the treadmill. I was dripping with sweat. I did most of the planks, some modified, I did the core. My mile was achieved on the treadmill. (and it counts!) I was sore by nighttime and this morning? I'm definitely feeling it in my quads. Which normally don't get too sore! Interesting. and my hamstrings. Very interesting.

Today is going to be an easy day for sure!
Cleda