Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-10-20, 07:06 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

Thanks for the extra birthday wishes!

AnMrsDe, I'm sorry your back is hurting! Don't expect that after a rebounding workout. Glad you're listening to your body & doing some stretchy workouts. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-20, 03:47 PM  
tangerine

Sorry I've been MIA from responding for a while, getting ready for my daughter's school to start soon, it's all online and not much information yet, hopefully it will be good.

Hope you had a good birthday Dorothy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontmindthemess View Post
tangerine Linda’s Target 15 is really great! I love using it as a add on. I think there’s only one that I didn’t click with, the glute one with the stability ball?

Jane
Jane, I previewed this one, and I also don't like the moves. I generally don't like any stability ball work besides holding the ball for moves. Still I might give it a try sometime just to see how it feels.

Nice to see you are still on the Penny kick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammie M View Post
Tangerine, I'm glad you liked the up and down Barlates work. I've found with a lot of the up and down work that I can't move as quickly as she does. I just remind myself that she is much younger than I am. The one I did today ( Metabolic Training Circuit) was one of her longer ones. This one also had a lot of curtsy lunges in it. I think Linda loves curtsy lunges! This one didn't have any down dog work in it. I usually place my hands on the edge of my rebounder to do those exercises. This one did have step ups in it. Linda used a chair. I used my firm tall box and a dowel for balance when she added a high back leg lift.
Tammie, that Metabolic Series is tough! I've only previewed and haven't attempted any yet, but they're on my list! Have you tried any of her Magic Circle ones? Wondering if it's worth getting a magic circle...

And she DOES love curtsy lunges, they are in most of her workouts. I think they are probably fine if you and your knees are in good shape but mine are still twingey so I modify where I can.

I never feel bad about modifying her workouts though because Linda always she gives you so many ways to modify, if you can't do this, do this. Or do it this way. Or this other way. Or do something, anything, just keep moving. And I love the whole 'no shame in modifying' she always says too. I have a lot of respect for instructors who recognize that not everyone is as fit or at the same place in their fitness journey as them. It shows humility/compassion.

I liked that about HasFit and Body Project too, they always have a modifier and never make it seem like you are 'not doing' the workout if you do the modified/low-impact versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex View Post

Tangerine – you’re making me want to try Barlates and Dontmindthemess – you’re really making me want to try Penny Barnshaw. I like the look of those workouts, but I know they’re months away for me.
Bex, I hope you are fully recovered soon. I know what it's like to preview workouts while hoping to do them sometime.

CharM, I didn't want to say it but the 'Flipping' thing sounded like a bleep word to me too.

AnMrsDe, I started pasting my checkins for the month onto a word document recently, before the purge. After "Advanced Search" stopped working, I am more worried about VF disappearing entirely and losing my checkin notes. Not sure what will happen if VF disappears, I know someone made a facebook group but I don't like the way posts and comments are hidden and re-ordered by facebook, I much prefer forums. Too bad most of them are disappearing.

Hi to everyone else, hope your week is going well.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-20, 06:30 PM  
Tammie M

CharM, I tried Kelly's new Boxfit weight workout today. I'll have find your comments in GM. I liked it. I plan to try workout 1 tomorrow.

Tangerine, I love pilates circle workouts so I have several of Linda's. I love all that I have tried. Warning!!! She has one that is deadly from the Pilates Ring Series. It's the Pilates Ring Barre one. I found my comments after doing this one. "I had done one of Linda's workouts using the pilates ring and I liked it. It was tough but doable. After Monday's workout, I now think Linda is a sadist with that pilates ring. I've never had much DOMS with her other workouts. That is not the case with Monday's workout. I'm still suffering. The last time I had this much DOMS was when I first started working out with heavier weights and did Cathe's MIS. That was about 25 years ago. I could barely walk on Tuesday and Wednesday. Today is better but it is still tough. My quads are on fire. I'm trying to keep moving with lighter workouts. Hopefully tomorrow will be better." I remember it took almost a week to recover from that one.
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-20, 06:34 PM  
Tammie M

AnMrsDe, I hope your back is better now. I hate tweaking my back. Even if the pain is mild it effects my ability to sleep. And then it interrupts my planned workout rotation. So I hope your back is improving and not giving you problems.
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-20, 09:58 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I did Firm - Cardio Burn tonight. Today was 6 a.m. hair day, and tomorrow is schedule pickup day, so I will work 8 to noon and 4 - 7. I'll do a cardio workout in between, because we sit most of that time. The District decided that secondary schools will be hybrid to start school - two days at school, three days at home. All students will be home on Wednesdays, so the building can be cleaned.
Tammie, wow, that was major DOMS you posted about!
tangerine, it is sad that many forums have disappeared.
AnMrsDe, sounds like fun to fix up a room for a little one
bex, it's hotter than normal in Idaho right now, but no humidity, than goodness.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-20, 08:35 AM  
amg

AnMrsDe - Sorry your back is bothering you. Hope yoga is helping fix the tweak.

Chrys - My son is going in 6th grade with hybrid schooling (2 days one week and 3 the next). Thankfully, I will be home to help him on the days that he is home. I thought about the virtual school option for him but he's an only child so I feel like he needs to see other kids. I wish you a safe school year.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-12-20, 05:29 PM  
Dontmindthemess

AnMrsDe Ugh! I’m sorry your back is giving you grief. Hopefully you can get ahead of it by taking it easy for a few days. So annoying!

Chrys I’m sure this will be a challenging school year for everyone. We’re doing a similar split session in my district. It’s still not totally settled here and there’s a lot of drama and uncertainty. Stay safe and I wish you and the kids the best. It’s really a lot to deal with.

amg That zip line obstacle course sounds like so much fun!!!

Like the rest of you I’m so disappointed In the purged check-in’s. Lesson learned, I went back and screen shot my workouts. I’m also considering a paper fitness journal moving forward just to be safe. tangerine I don’t like checking in on Facebook either. It’s hard to go back and I just feel like I miss a lot. Let’s hope VF doesn’t disappear. I admit I sometimes get aggregated reading some GD threads but man I love this check-in I think there’s a lot of other people who feel the same way.

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-20, 08:12 PM  
tangerine

Quote:
Tangerine, I love pilates circle workouts so I have several of Linda's. I love all that I have tried. Warning!!! She has one that is deadly from the Pilates Ring Series. It's the Pilates Ring Barre one. I found my comments after doing this one. "I had done one of Linda's workouts using the pilates ring and I liked it. It was tough but doable. After Monday's workout, I now think Linda is a sadist with that pilates ring. I've never had much DOMS with her other workouts. That is not the case with Monday's workout. I'm still suffering. The last time I had this much DOMS was when I first started working out with heavier weights and did Cathe's MIS. That was about 25 years ago. I could barely walk on Tuesday and Wednesday. Today is better but it is still tough. My quads are on fire. I'm trying to keep moving with lighter workouts. Hopefully tomorrow will be better." I remember it took almost a week to recover from that one.
Thanks Tammie - they sound super tough, I think I'll wait on them till I'm good and ready!

Chrys, good luck with school starting. Such uncertain times for everyone, I'm sure we will make it through though.

AnMrsDe, sorry to hear about your back. Mine has been complaining for a day or two also. Always happens when I do a bunch of ab workouts. And I do those because I want to strengthen my weak abs to avoid back pain...such a vicious cycle. Anyway, wishing you a speedy recovery!

I'm sorry for all of you who lost any cherished posts in the check-in purge. It must be such a sense of loss to lose memories, especially as the check-ins are so personal. And workout notes too of course...
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-20, 11:17 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

AMD, I am still here! I took a week off last month as a recovery week, humidity here has been awful, but I am still working out, sorry to hear about your back, hope it will get better soon, please take care!

Bex, I'm so glad to see you back this month, I somehow missed that you had a surgery, I hope it wasn't something too serious. Your step count is impressive, I am sure you will recover soon, and will be back to your beloved workouts in no time, just be patient with yourself. Thanks for the compliment, I am still in the learning process though, I am still liking it so far, the good thing is that most Japanese sounds exist in Spanish, the writing system is a challenge, but so far so good, I just hope to be able to keep it up.

Wave to all!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-20, 01:44 PM  
CharM

Quote:
CharM, I tried Kelly's new Boxfit weight workout today. I'll have find your comments in GM. I liked it. I plan to try workout 1 tomorrow.
Did you like it? I wasn't as confused as I'd been with some of KCM's other boxing workouts, but I see that a couple of other people were. I'm usually the outlier.

AMD, I'm sorry to hear about your back but good for you for listening to your body. I hear mine complain sometimes, but it doesn't mean I listen.
Quote:
How glad am I that I print out every month of my check-ins???
Wow, smart thinking! Did you do everyone else's? Because if not, that's just selfish of you. LOL! I was going to put the mad face and leave it, but then there might be an angry mob coming to your defense thinking I'm serious. Although if anyone's been paying attention, they'd have to know that I'm joking.

amg, I know what you mean about smiling at the new floor. I did that for a while after replacing ours, and then again a year later when we had new lighting in the hallway.

~~waves back at everyone who sent their hellos and waves~~
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts