Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-20, 03:29 AM  
dlb

Hi all - My girl is doing well, when we brought her home, she kept crying. I wasn't sure if she was in pain or hungry. Once I was able to give her a bit of food, I gave her pain meds & she conked out. Today I'll be able to assess her better as she will be able to eat her normal amounts. Thanks for asking..

Yesterday was nada, zippo. I decided to take a day off from work to run errands & yard stuff (of course). I plan on doing some kind of actual workout as I really need to work on cardio & stretch.

Debbie
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-20, 02:21 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

This morning, before my 2nd cup of coffee, I did the warm up, first 10 minute segment and the cool down of Dance That Walk Latin. It is fun, and I think I'll put it on and do the whole thing at once soon. I didn't go too hard in the main part, because it was too early to get real sweaty. Later I did 40 minutes on the treadmill and a stretch. Later still I did CS waist and a posture one, then tried a Tai Chi from another site, but didn't last with it, so did Fabulous 50's 1 Mile Walk, but used 1LB weights. After it I was going to do her 10 minute arms, but my shoulders said they'd had enough, so I quit, and did some yoga.

I really enjoyed working out again! I was in a rut with the treadmill, and now that I'm trying some workouts with music and different moves, I remember why I used to look forward to my workout!

Hi to everybody

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-20, 04:03 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I did a Jessica 10 minute Quickie Walk (Power Up) as well as Tanja Djelevic Gaiam Cardio Burn Sculpt with the Balance Ball. I was sweating a lot with Tanja's workout as she has you doing lunges, squats, one legged lifts, twisting from side to side, etc. It was great but much faster paced, hence the cardio factor. The music is great in this one, as is the beautiful mountain backdrop! Some day this workout will be easy....yeah right.

Enjoy your day!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-20, 07:14 AM  
Cher

Sunday I went for about a 50 minute bike ride. Monday’s workout was Erin O’Brien Strong Body, Ageless Body. Tuesday’s workout was Jenny Ford Step across America North Dakota and the warm-up, section 1, and cool down from March Across America California, Travis Elliot Yin Yoga Flow & Go on YouTube. Yesterday was about a 45 minute bike ride.

LAC - I love your calendar sticker idea. Maybe I should get some stickers and try something like that too. . Kudos to you exercising at 8 pm! I know I would never do it by then. If I don’t do it in the morning, I won’t do anything later unless it’s a walk or bike ride.

glatvx - Wow, I didn’t realize an Apple Watch would call EMS! That would be embarrassing if you didn’t need it. Great job on your 3 chunks of treadmill work the other day! Is Dance That Walk Latin Walk very fast? Is that the one out on dvd? My mom liked her first dvd. How does it compare to that one? Her birthday is coming up and I was thinking about getting her another one of her DVDs.

Pam - It bothers me wearing a watch at night too.

Debbie - Glad to hear your dogs surgery went well.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-20, 07:24 AM  
dlb

Hi all - I took yesterday off from work with plans on doing lots. I went to the grocery store & loaded the truck with branches. That's it - but it's ok. I don't feel guilty at all. You all are doing so well.

Hope you day goes well

Debbie
Old 08-13-20, 11:08 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Today was Jessica's Ready, Steady, Go from Walk Strong Burn Fat and Have Fun! Will try to add something lighter tonight before bed.

Enjoy your day!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-20, 12:42 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post

Is Dance That Walk Latin Walk very fast? Is that the one out on dvd? My mom liked her first dvd. How does it compare to that one? Her birthday is coming up and I was thinking about getting her another one of her DVDs.

It's not too fast, I didn't think. It's the first thing I've tried by her, and it's free if you have amazon Prime. I read on GD that they had 6 of her workouts, so have done parts of it, and liked it.

I've done 30 minutes on the treadmill, and that may be it for exercise today. I want to do more, but it's been so long since I've really worked out, that I'm considering a rest day.

I did find a box filled with still in the shrink wrap VHS CIA workouts. I think there must've been some kind of huge sale, cause I don't know why else I'd have bought so many at once. The label on the outside of the box said they're from 11/14/03!

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-20, 01:46 PM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by glavtx View Post
It's not too fast, I didn't think. It's the first thing I've tried by her, and it's free if you have amazon Prime. I read on GD that they had 6 of her workouts, so have done parts of it, and liked it.

I did find a box filled with still in the shrink wrap VHS CIA workouts. I think there must've been some kind of huge sale, cause I don't know why else I'd have bought so many at once. The label on the outside of the box said they're from 11/14/03!
Thanks! I have Amazon Prime so I will go take a look at them. I didn’t realize they were on there. And wow! That’s quite a while for your box of new VHS!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-20, 08:29 PM  
LAC

My new Fitbit Inspire arrived today, ahead of schedule. I initiated it with a 45 minute run on the elliptical. I am overtired and my pace was a little slow. There has been a cricket in my house making a racket for the past couple of nights and making it hard for me to sleep. So far tonight it is quiet. Hopefully it found its way back outside.

Debbie, I hope your doggie is recovering well from her surgery.

Glavtx, I bet finding that box of unopened VHS tapes from 2003 was quite a surprise! Do you still have a VCR?

Cher, your mention of Jenny Ford has me thinking about pulling out my step this weekend and trying one of her workouts. I think I have access to a couple of free ones on Amazon Prime Video.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-20, 05:46 AM  
dlb

Hi all
LAC - thanks for asking about my sweet girl - she is doing well

All I did yesterday was weed whack & mow. I'm so glad it's Friday & the weather is suppose to be nice.

Enjoy your day!

Debbie

Tags
miracle mile